The Estate

Started by Square Ball, January 19, 2012, 07:01:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: Lecale2 on January 23, 2012, 10:59:00 PM
DLA for alcoholism?? WTF!

did you not know that? I used to be stunned working in the bank and seeing the Bank Balances of Alcohlics due to the DLA money they were getting. There is also incapacity benefit, rent allowance and dole to take into account as well . . .

Tony Baloney

Quote from: screenexile on January 24, 2012, 12:49:02 AM

did you not know that? I used to be stunned working in the bank and seeing the Bank Balances of Alcohlics due to the DLA money they were getting. There is also incapacity benefit, rent allowance and dole to take into account as well . . .
Handing my notice in at work in the morning!

JUst retired

I`ve already got the application form but it is a bit hard to fill in. :D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 24, 2012, 01:00:59 AM

Handing my notice in at work in the morning!

Seriously? :D

You would't fit in, in that estate ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bennydorano

Quote from: ONeill on January 23, 2012, 10:46:01 PM
I lived there for a while in the 90s. Was middlin enough.
I lived in a private area beside thon - the name escapes me, we got robbed twice :D

Forgot about the show I'll have to watch it.  I watched The Scheme - it was some show.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: bennydorano on January 24, 2012, 07:08:56 PM
Quote from: ONeill on January 23, 2012, 10:46:01 PM
I lived there for a while in the 90s. Was middlin enough.
I lived in a private area beside thon - the name escapes me, we got robbed twice :D

Forgot about the show I'll have to watch it.  I watched The Scheme - it was some show.
When it was commissioned it was probably aiming to emulate The Scheme. It's very, very tame in comparison.

Gold

Very tame compared to the Scheme. A waste of a half hour actually.

I miss Marvin and Bullet
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Orangemac

Often wondered how alchos managed on the £60 odd that is the dole. £200 gets a right bit of drink when you're eating feck all. Did your man say he drank 6 litres of cider a day?

Where is the incentive to get people off it, surely they should have to attend AA meetings or something?

Agent Orange

Quote from: Gold on January 24, 2012, 10:34:27 PM
Very tame compared to the Scheme. A waste of a half hour actually.

I miss Marvin and Bullet

Typical BBC NI shite, but kinda watchable all the same.

Minder

Some bird on last week complaining she only got £300 per week on benefits, not bad going when you have no mortgage or rent to pay, free school meals for the children, uniform allowance, winter fuel allowance.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Didnt see it tonight. Thought it was tame enough last week though. A friend of mines worked there and said it wasn't that rough of a place.

ziggysego

Saw it tonight. I found it quite depressing. At least with the Scottish 'The Scheme', there was the campaign to re-open the community centre, which bought the community together. The Estate just appears to be populated with lazy skitters, that don't want to be a child-carer, as she has to work for it, or heavy drinkers on the road to alcoholism that like Prod Orange bathrooms.
Testing Accessibility

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on January 30, 2012, 11:02:57 PM
Some bird on last week complaining she only got £300 per week on benefits, not bad going when you have no mortgage or rent to pay, free school meals for the children, uniform allowance, winter fuel allowance.
She hasn't spent much on decorating.

bridgegael

your man conviently went back on the beer a day or two before his medical to see if he was still eligible for his money.

the young girl has a good outlook on life, "whats the point going to school, sure when you have finished and passed your exams, there are no jobs anyway,  so im not going"    in other words i am going to get knocked up asap so i can get a house and live on benefits all my life, just lie mummy.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

screenmachine

The mother should be given an extra fiver, told to buy a razor and shave that stinking moustache off as well. What was the justification for giving the 'Proddy Orange Bathroom' bellend his own place? Cos he didn't get on with his da and he wanted a bit of peace and quiet to have a few drinks? Then he's sitting watching a tv that's nearly bigger than himself. DLA as well? More than likely lifted out of someone elses home a few streets away...
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.