Visiting Ireland

Started by RoyFilm, January 20, 2016, 09:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waterfordlad

If it's Limerick v Waterford final it will be Thurles but there's been talk in Waterford that if Tipperary win that Waterford management wouldn't be happy to give Tipp home advantage in Thurles for 2nd year in a row for Munster final against us. I think most Waterford fans would prefer final being in Thurles rather than Limerick which is the only other possible venue. It should be decided on next week after tomorrows game. Enjoy your trip to Ireland and if you've any other questions let us know here.

AZOffaly

Roy, it's in Limerick! Don't panic though, there'll be more accomodation in Limerick, and also it's a direct train line from Dublin. Better get cracking though!

Beffs

There is also a very reliable bus service run by Dublin Coach. It operates to/from Limerick, pretty much on the hour. It's cheaper than the train and more frequent too. Don't let it being a bus service put you off. It's nothing like Greyhound. It only makes a couple of stops between Dublin and Limerick, so the trip time isn't that much longer than the train.

RoyFilm

Thanks so much for responding! My boys and I have been playing with our hurleys in the yard and they're getting excited. Will probably buy some team jerseys also - perhaps one of each(!)

We will be renting/hiring a car. I have hotel reservations in both Cashel and Limerick just in case. We weren't planning on spending time in Limerick, but have kept our plans flexible for such a turn of events.

I can't figure out how to purchase tickets online though. The only thing I can find is that they can be purchased in stores. I had read somewhere that each club offers tickets through their websites, but I am not finding that to be the case. Any idea how I can purchase tickets before I arrive in Ireland?

Thanks again,
Roy

theskull1

Bound to be some of you lads can make sure Roy gets tickets
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: RoyFilm on June 23, 2016, 02:42:11 AM
Thanks so much for responding! My boys and I have been playing with our hurleys in the yard and they're getting excited. Will probably buy some team jerseys also - perhaps one of each(!)

We will be renting/hiring a car. I have hotel reservations in both Cashel and Limerick just in case. We weren't planning on spending time in Limerick, but have kept our plans flexible for such a turn of events.

I can't figure out how to purchase tickets online though. The only thing I can find is that they can be purchased in stores. I had read somewhere that each club offers tickets through their websites, but I am not finding that to be the case. Any idea how I can purchase tickets before I arrive in Ireland?

Thanks again,
Roy
tickets.ie

AZOffaly

Not on sale yet, but they will be on Tickets.ie, and you can print them off at home so you should be fine.

RoyFilm

Thanks! I'll keep on the lookout for when they are released for purchase on the website. You have all been very helpful!

Looking forward to the match,
Roy