Time For A Revamp

Started by Keyser soze, December 11, 2014, 09:43:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keyser soze

This place is looking a bit shabby, time to move the furniture round a bit.

The Child Boards in Local Gaa Discussion are a complete waste of space. In the past I would have looked at other counties threads. However after they were all separated out I never do, as its too much work and one can't see the activity around a particular county without actually going into their local discussion. Having done a quick survey there is usually only one topic active for each county [if that] so why not combine them again.

For instance in the most popular local Child Board, Derry,   there hasnt been a post in the second most recent discussion topic in months, and this appears to be true for most of them. All of the Child Boards plus any 'hot' topics would comfortably fit onto one page under Local Gaa Discussion.

Tbh I d like to see the Hurling combined under Gaa Discussion as well, as I would be interested in reading about it, but find that I dont go into it as it too is a separate page.

theticklemister

I PMed the mod a while back trying to promote the GAA in Britain thread but I got no word back.

laoislad

Quote from: theticklemister on December 11, 2014, 05:40:52 PM
I PMed the mod a while back trying to promote the GAA in Britain thread but I got no word back.
Ziggy is a cnut for not getting back to you.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

T Fearon

A referendum on constitutional change is required

Eamonnca1

I've seen this happen on forums for years. People get it into their heads that the way to promote discussion is to have more and more separate boards. I've yet to see it work. Boards that are set up for specific topics don't get used. People prefer one or two handy boards that cover everything. One board for GAA (including hurling) and one board for everything else. Keep it simple.

It's like In n Out Burger. 3 meal deals on the menu compared to the over 20 or so that you get in the likes of McDs or KFC where it takes you half an hour just to read the damn thing. There was a bit of research done on this one time about choice. Too many choices only confuses the consumer. Give them a smaller selection and they'll be more likely to buy something because it's easier to make the decision.

deiseach

I think it's reasonable to keep a separate hurling board. There are so many football threads that hurling threads would swiftly be pushed off the end of the first page. Out of sight...

Stall the Bailer

Just select the option "Show unread posts since last visit." far easier than going through the different boards.

Keyser soze

Quote from: deiseach on December 12, 2014, 10:59:19 AM
I think it's reasonable to keep a separate hurling board. There are so many football threads that hurling threads would swiftly be pushed off the end of the first page. Out of sight...

Wouldn't necessarily disagree with this find it hard to keep track of the hurling threads when theyre in a different place. And maybe if hurling was on a shared board more people would see it, take an interest and post on it as well. or it could be made a sticky?

pullhard

Quote from: deiseach on December 12, 2014, 10:59:19 AM

agree with this regarding the hurling, used to hate having top
wade through pages of bogball stuff before getting the good stuff.

child boards should go

the site is brutal to on using a smartphone

should look into a for sale section. ala some of the cycling forums

did we pick up many of an fear uses?

laoislad

How about a Nordie free month once a year?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on December 13, 2014, 10:18:44 AM
How about a Nordie free month once a year?
You can have that every month by not accessing the site!  ;)