Self Improvement Gurus

Started by trailer, October 24, 2023, 11:15:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eire90

what about your living breathing man from newry declan is he into that stuff

marty34

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 25, 2023, 09:05:54 AMI think to be successful you need a work ethic a bitta luck and a idea that people will latch onto or need.

There are certain things in life that are always needed and will never go away, if you are selling them, or manufacturing them, then its how you do that successfully will determine how well you do. Its not rocket science or you don't need to go to the Europa Hotel and hear how you can harness your inner crap or whatever they say..

Birth and death

There is money in prams and coffins  ;)

Define success?

Surely not money?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: marty34 on October 25, 2023, 08:09:48 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 25, 2023, 09:05:54 AMI think to be successful you need a work ethic a bitta luck and a idea that people will latch onto or need.

There are certain things in life that are always needed and will never go away, if you are selling them, or manufacturing them, then its how you do that successfully will determine how well you do. Its not rocket science or you don't need to go to the Europa Hotel and hear how you can harness your inner crap or whatever they say..

Birth and death

There is money in prams and coffins  ;)

Define success?

Surely not money?

Success in your career will provide plenty of things, job satisfaction, self worth, happiness, status among your peers, longevity, stability and with that money, how much you earn is down to you..

How many people love going to work?

I really enjoy working.

Haven't took a 'sickie' in 24 years and it pretty much sums up my list above

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: gallsman on October 25, 2023, 02:53:12 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 25, 2023, 01:13:00 PM;D  I'll be watching this later. He is comedy gold!

https://youtu.be/gFM_ZhAPtwA?si=BFIFM9lPDBVXZBnT

Good luck lasting all 50 mins.

Off to a bad start when he pointed the camera at a BA plane saying he was getting on this beauty then it shows him getting on an Aer Lingus flight.

Saffrongael

You just know it's going to go tits up and the guard will slip & he will make the front page of the Sunday World, after battering some fella with a baseball bat when being on the gear for three days
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 25, 2023, 08:35:06 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 25, 2023, 01:13:00 PM;D  I'll be watching this later. He is comedy gold!

Off to a bad start when he pointed the camera at a BA plane saying he was getting on this beauty then it shows him getting on an Aer Lingus flight.
[/quot
Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 25, 2023, 08:35:06 PM

I like the sound of my own voice but.... This guy is Olympic level
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RedHand88

I watched his video of him going around LA, implying that he's so truly blessed to be seeing the sights like the Chinese theatre, Rodeo drive etc. I've been to these places. They are the stereotypical tacky touristy spots you expect them to be. Same with New York and times square. Meh. You're not that special mate. What we have here is a classic case of a man filming his holiday and posting it on YouTube.

tintin25

I tell ya, there's a lot to be said for living a simple, stress free life.  I'm seeing more of this crap on LinkedIn too.

Saffrongael

https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sunday-life/news/cops-close-case-over-incident-at-premises-run-by-businessman-with-flats-in-belfast/455805025.html

;D

"Convicted fraudster"

Police in England are no longer investigating an allegation of assault made against a fraudster turned businessman who runs a serviced apartments firm with flats in Belfast.
Tom Smyth previously dismissed claims he attacked a resident at one of his company's properties in Manchester as "fake news".

The matter is no longer being investigated by Greater Manchester Police.

It is understood the force was "unable to identify a suspect" and has now brought the investigation to a close.

Smyth, who had 19 houses confiscated by organised crime cops, is the managing director of Dream Apartments, which has locations across the UK, including Belfast, Liverpool, Newcastle and Manchester.

He spoke out last December to deny shoving the man during a row over conditions at the apartment block. Mr Smyth and Dream Apartments also deny the individual was a resident or customer

Greater Manchester Police confirmed it had been called to a report of an assault.

Speaking to Sunday Life at the time, Smyth strongly denied assaulting the man and insisted he would be exonerated by CCTV. His solicitor also contacted us to say they had spoken with a third party who had reviewed the CCTV and did not see any physical altercation.

It is understood a number of residents at the block were unhappy with conditions said to include stains on carpets, walls and bedding, damaged furniture and access problems. The company said in December: "We are pleased to confirm that the apartments at our Manchester location are undergoing an upgrade as part of a phased refurbishment plan. We look forward to welcoming guests for a short break or an extended stay."

The Serious Organised Crime Agency (Soca) was granted a recovery order against Smyth in 2012 for 19 fraudulently obtained properties.

Mr Justice Treacy deemed his portfolio to be from the proceeds of crime. The recovered assets included his family home at Ballynure and 18 other buy-to-let houses in Co Antrim and Liverpool. Soca said he obtained the properties through mortgage fraud, tax evasion and money laundering. The businessman uses brash social media videos to promote his lifestyle and business interests.

Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

toby47

Quote from: tintin25 on October 25, 2023, 09:26:45 PMI tell ya, there's a lot to be said for living a simple, stress free life.  I'm seeing more of this crap on LinkedIn too.

Jeez it's another load of shite too isn't it

Milltown Row2

What I like about Linkedin is people offering me jobs!!!!

imtommygunn

LinkedIn is riddled with crap. I am really successful and you could be too. Just get up at 4 am every day, ignore your family , go to the gym, pretend you don't ignore your family, go to work and be laser focused then go to bed at 8 pm. Tell everyone you're really happy even though it sounds like a horrendous life.

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 26, 2023, 10:12:04 AMWhat I like about Linkedin is people offering me jobs!!!!

Nosey hoor like yourself will be checking whose viewed your profile and say you're being head hunted  ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on October 26, 2023, 10:49:18 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 26, 2023, 10:12:04 AMWhat I like about Linkedin is people offering me jobs!!!!

Nosey hoor like yourself will be checking whose viewed your profile and say you're being head hunted  ;D

If there are buck eejits headhunting me then they are in the wrong job!

I only nip into it maybe once a month just to scroll through the pure backslapping shite people post!

I hate lickarses

imtommygunn

Quote from: johnnycool on October 26, 2023, 10:49:18 AM

;D  Wife's cousin running round telling everyone in family that he was head hunted. Aka someone sent a phishing email on linkedin and you happened to get the job  ;D