Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beantown

Quote from: LeoMc on November 26, 2017, 04:54:23 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on November 26, 2017, 08:52:07 AM
thanks for the moral advice redzone and il try harder in future to be a better person but i dont need advice from from a numpty like you. with regards the ttm allstars, am i right i sayin peter harte is the only one of the 15 who started a championship game for tyrone this year?  i though people on here were sayin we have all the best club players already on the panel?
I see the entire full back line from the TTM all stars has been called up to the county panel, the weakest line on the senior team.

I would say the full forward line is the weakest on the county team, as it consists of 1 man.  Personally I think McNamee is a very good player, McCarron has been our best defender for the past few years and McCrory always gets knocked but seems to get the task of man marking one of the danger men on the opposition.  He usually keeps them quiet by continually driving forward and making them mark him most of the game.

The 3 men called up are very good manmarkers with plenty of pace and although Burns and McKernan can play half back with ease we are not short in that area.  Defence is not our problem. Its genuine scoring forwards we are lacking.  Skeet hopefully coming back to something near his pre injury potential and Richie Donnelly getting a full year without injury should help.

But what do I know...... 

redzone

Very few come back from a cruciate injury the same player.There is major concern if Mccaliskey will even make it back next year at all unfortunately

Thebigdog

The idea of full back lines or any lines for that matter on the Tyrone team have been made redundant in this perverted monstrosity that calls itself Gaelic football at the minute.

tothetop03

So the situation is...McAleer and Rush deal up for renewal they meet County Executive and Club Tyrone,finance all sorted and they question is it possible a player can be made available to RTE when asked for an interview after the game,County executive relay information back to Mickey Harte to broker a deal,Harte then on his own bat sources a "new sponsor" offering more money than McAleer and Rushe they say they will match it, they dont get contacted again and new sponsor is announced, no interviews on the night and Club Tyrone send no representatives to the launch..... not the last we will hear of this i presume.... there is some stink around Garvaghy at the minute and eventually this will not end good as the cartel seem to tighten the grip at every opportunity....   

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: tothetop03 on November 27, 2017, 08:47:15 AM
So the situation is...McAleer and Rush deal up for renewal they meet County Executive and Club Tyrone,finance all sorted and they question is it possible a player can be made available to RTE when asked for an interview after the game,County executive relay information back to Mickey Harte to broker a deal,Harte then on his own bat sources a "new sponsor" offering more money than McAleer and Rushe they say they will match it, they dont get contacted again and new sponsor is announced, no interviews on the night and Club Tyrone send no representatives to the launch..... not the last we will hear of this i presume.... there is some stink around Garvaghy at the minute and eventually this will not end good as the cartel seem to tighten the grip at every opportunity....

I think we all know that's bullshit. If any case if a scenario like this did develop I would hope that the county board would tell a corporate sponsor to ram it rather than let them dictate internal policy. RTE have treated Tyrone GAA and their players disgracefully in recent years.Tiernan McCann and Sean Cavanagh are just two players who were the result of despicable campaigns never mind the depths they sank to with Mickey Harte.

redhandofgod

I had heard also that McAleer and Rushe got shafted.

Thebigdog

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 27, 2017, 09:26:22 AM

I think we all know that's bullshit. If any case if a scenario like this did develop I would hope that the county board would tell a corporate sponsor to ram it rather than let them dictate internal policy. RTE have treated Tyrone GAA and their players disgracefully in recent years.Tiernan McCann and Sean Cavanagh are just two players who were the result of despicable campaigns never mind the depths they sank to with Mickey Harte.
That sounds a bit odd considering Sean cavanagh couldn't wait to talk to RTE once Mickey Harte was out of his life. It was almost as if he escaped a bad relationship the weight that came off his shoulders lol. Try again bomber!!

tothetop03

Well believe what what you want too believe..... the whole thing is rotten to core where does it all end, time will tell the way the 3 year contract was handed out and the way the sponsorship was handled is stinking and cannot end good..... Sean Cavanagh was not long runnng to RTE after he retired for a man who was insulted.... there is a dictatorship operating here people will catch on when its too late we are nearly there......

In hiding

Can anyone answer why Kieran Kennedy was stuck in the centre of the photo at the jersey launch. Was at the team talk awards last Friday. Great nights craic but a pr night for O Neills.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: tothetop03 on November 27, 2017, 09:34:17 AM

Well believe what what you want too believe..... the whole thing is rotten to core where does it all end, time will tell the way the 3 year contract was handed out and the way the sponsorship was handled is stinking and cannot end good..... Sean Cavanagh was not long runnng to RTE after he retired for a man who was insulted.... there is a dictatorship operating here people will catch on when its too late we are nearly there......

That's Sean Cavanagh's prerogative. Tyrone GAA are within their rights not to talk to RTE and given how RTE have treated  Tyrone GAA I cannot understand the clamour for us to engage with them not can I understand the clamour for corporate sponsors to dictate internal policy. I guess that tells you more about the agenda of those who express such wishes.

tothetop03

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 27, 2017, 09:52:37 AM
Quote from: tothetop03 on November 27, 2017, 09:34:17 AM

That's Sean Cavanagh's prerogative. Tyrone GAA are within their rights not to talk to RTE and given how RTE have treated  Tyrone GAA I cannot understand the clamour for us to engage with them not can I understand the clamour for corporate sponsors to dictate internal policy. I guess that tells you more about the agenda of those who express such wishes.

Sean Cavanagh Brian McGuigan Philip Jordan among others have all done work for RTE after Tyrone retirement that would tell me that that dont support the dictatorship that operates from within this County..... why not just tell McAleer and Rushe the situation will not be changing??? instead of doing what was done its wrong and stinks from the highest heavon....Mickey Harte managers our football team he should keep his nose out of everything else......

southtyronegael

bomber i think you are forgetting that tyrone had a very good relationship with rte up until may 2011 when mickey harte decided to stick his nose in their business. its been downhill since then and the reason why rte cant wait to have a pop at tyrone players. like them or not we need to keep the national media on our side because anything else is counterproductive long term.

Fuzzman

Quote from: In hiding on November 27, 2017, 09:43:17 AM
Can anyone answer why Kieran Kennedy was stuck in the centre of the photo at the jersey launch. Was at the team talk awards last Friday. Great nights craic but a pr night for O Neills.

Can't quite believe this post. I don't know KK that well though have met him a few times but as the CEO of O'Neills in the Norf would you not expect him to be in that photo
I mean he gives so much sponsorship to Tyrone GAA and other things and did you hear Barry McElduff's story about how KK saved the bacon for a local soccer club from the other side and so has helped Barry reach out across the divide
Were you not impressed that he put 570+ FREE jerseys under everyone's seat (NO ONE EACH smart asses).

Jeepers I can't believe you had an issue with that.

longballin

The RTE ban is shallow now as it became obvious it wasn't coming from the players at all. A lot of people don't even know the background at this stage and the whole county is dragged into it.

southtyronegael

like all cartels, our own here in little tyrone are only interested in money and power. as police forces across the world have found out, they are very hard to take down. like the big drug cartels in south america the only real way to stop them is for people to stop buying their product thus cutting off money that sustains them. i feel any true tyrone supporter with a consience should do likewise and, A. boycott all tyrone games particularly at healy park and B. refuse to buy any tyrone jerseys or merchandise associated with the new 'sponsor'.