Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redhandefender

Quote from: ose 14 on October 06, 2017, 07:14:16 AM
do you think any young coach with a modern view would  get the chance to express himself in the current set up. if young players are unable to express themselves due to fear and criticism how would a coach. with the media unable to function properly either to give an objective view it all becomes a bit of a farce. thank god for joe brolly he appears to be the only man to say what the others are afraid to.
the southern media dont care about incurring the wrath of the tyrone omerta. it would be great if the northern and local media would take a similar more balanced view. where will the 42 grand go now.

Wise up would ye, you've just rhymed off everything the southern media and brolly have been pedalling, think for yourself. The buzz words "express yourself" Dublin, Kerry and Mayo all go out with "systems" and "tactics" what ever buzz word you want.

You're expecting some Pep Guardiola type to spring up and revolution the game in tyrone. Be reall and engage your brain

southtyronegael

Your right redhandefender, Kerry,mayo and Dublin have systems and tactics to win the big games in croker. We don't.

skeog

Peter Donnelly may be changing codes where you get a proper salary and on time each month

tothetop03

Quote from: skeog on October 06, 2017, 10:01:54 AM
Peter Donnelly may be changing codes where you get a proper salary and on time each month

Are ALL dealing with hear say or have any of us any proof other than a paper article??

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: redhandefender on October 06, 2017, 09:16:07 AM
Quote from: ose 14 on October 06, 2017, 07:14:16 AM
do you think any young coach with a modern view would  get the chance to express himself in the current set up. if young players are unable to express themselves due to fear and criticism how would a coach. with the media unable to function properly either to give an objective view it all becomes a bit of a farce. thank god for joe brolly he appears to be the only man to say what the others are afraid to.
the southern media dont care about incurring the wrath of the tyrone omerta. it would be great if the northern and local media would take a similar more balanced view. where will the 42 grand go now.

Wise up would ye, you've just rhymed off everything the southern media and brolly have been pedalling, think for yourself. The buzz words "express yourself" Dublin, Kerry and Mayo all go out with "systems" and "tactics" what ever buzz word you want.

You're expecting some Pep Guardiola type to spring up and revolution the game in tyrone. Be reall and engage your brain

;D ;D

Rois

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on October 05, 2017, 11:37:21 AM
I'm led to believe Club Tyrone look after this end of things (a separate entity). 

100% wrong.  Every penny Club Tyrone bring in goes to the county board (well, other than the cost of some summer camp stuff and a few events).  No money whatsoever from Club Tyrone goes to Mickey Harte. 

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: Rois on October 06, 2017, 10:28:34 AM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on October 05, 2017, 11:37:21 AM
I'm led to believe Club Tyrone look after this end of things (a separate entity). 

100% wrong.  Every penny Club Tyrone bring in goes to the county board (well, other than the cost of some summer camp stuff and a few events).  No money whatsoever from Club Tyrone goes to Mickey Harte. 

directly !

skeog

Enda is reported to be on board does that mean that Gavin is gone.

Jeremiah O

The Horse has been put out to pasture.
Unconquered and unconquerable

ose 14

BE REALL AND ENGAGE MY BRAIN. is that an oxymoron?

ose 14

so it was a straight choice its either the players or the system that was at fault. and with the departure of devlin it seems the system is the culprit. get ready to be dazzled

tiempo

Quote from: ose 14 on October 08, 2017, 08:16:21 AM
so it was a straight choice its either the players or the system that was at fault. and with the departure of devlin it seems the system is the culprit. get ready to be dazzled

Was in the front few rows in the Hogan at a league game under lights a few years ago just behind Mickey and Horse.
Not many in attendance that night but still hard enough to get a message to players for noise.
Cue Horse roaring the head off himself to get Conor Gormleys attention, it went like this...
"Gormley, Gormley, GORMLEY, GORRRMLEY, GORMLEY, GORRRRRRRMLEY... (finally gets his attention)... LET'S GO!"
He tried so hard to get his attention just to say that to a 3 time All-Ireland winner.
Also his antics on the line v Donegal in recent years were embarrassing.
Less horse, more sheep in wolfs clothing.

WT4E

I read this the other way - from what i hear horse was pushing for a more attacking system for a while so with his exit i believe it will be more of the same as you don't get away with questioning the glorious leader for long. Many have tried but none have suceeded!

Mikhailov

Quote from: WT4E on October 08, 2017, 01:02:26 PM

I read this the other way - from what i hear horse was pushing for a more attacking system for a while so with his exit i believe it will be more of the same as you don't get away with questioning the glorious leader for long. Many have tried but none have suceeded!

I believe this to be the case also - Horse wanted more attack minded system but was getting over ruled all the time. Nobody tries to change MH. Unfortunately we will not progress unless we adapt our system which only will get us so far but not any further than we have been for last few seasons