Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tothetop03

Quote from: Ty4Sam on October 04, 2017, 06:48:12 PM
So is Donnelly gone or not?

Seemingly he is still there, the people in the big house on the hill have told Donnelly they will review it and get back to him...the cake will only cut in so many reasonable size slices people....Garvaghy is a serious drain on funds as well.....

Club boi

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 04, 2017, 05:21:57 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on October 04, 2017, 03:36:41 PM
So anyway, which GAA jobs is it acceptable to be paid for?
S & C coach?
Physio?
Defence coach?
Manager?
Secretary?
Does it depend on the personality or on the amount of time they spend doing it?

Video Analysis is worth a few quid these days.
GPS Interpretation too, although that may be covered under the realm of S/C coach.

Just ask Coalisland!!!!

skeog

42 grand were did i go wrong.Surely his wages are between him and the CB though.

ose 14

if peter donnelly is on 42 whats  the mickey taker on. dont know how anybody would suggest that garvaghey would be a serious drain on finances, come on how would you know, has anyone ever seen any figures on how much it takes. it cant cost that much, sure theres no cooker gym or warm water in the showers ,cant cost that much.

Mikhailov

Quote from: GlenMan on October 04, 2017, 05:58:12 PM
Peter Donnelly wanted a 30% pay increase taking his wage to around £42,000.

How could this be feasible for an amateur organisation?

Donnelly is a bargain for 42k. The man works long hours, covers all aspects of Tyrone GAA coaching and is well worth the money in my opinion.

There are plenty of coaches all over the country getting more than that and they not even involved with a top 4 team...

How much do you think Bryan Cullen gets at Dublin GAA and he covers S&C only...

the goal was on

Is this before tax? In a recent podcast Donnelly said all he does is the warm ups  with tyrone and then  the horse and mickey take the training.he  obviously does  the weights but im sure a  40 grand + salary job would have plenty of interested parties. Donnelly been doing work in cavan and monaghan this year with clubs as well schools so he not short a £ or 2.did he apply for this post in first place, surely salary was attached to the  job.

In hiding

Quote from: the goal was on on October 04, 2017, 10:50:06 PM
Is this before tax? In a recent podcast Donnelly said all he does is the warm ups  with tyrone and then  the horse and mickey take the training.he  obviously does  the weights but im sure a  40 grand + salary job would have plenty of interested parties. Donnelly been doing work in cavan and monaghan this year with clubs as well schools so he not short a £ or 2.did he apply for this post in first place, surely salary was attached to the  job.
I'd guess his job description has changed over time

southtyronegael

i think donnelly is well worth the money. its not just his high level work with tyrone seniors, as i understand he is strength and conditioning coach for all the academy teams, minors and u21s so quite a workload for one man. great fella to have around as players really like him. id say we should just call it 50k. take the rest out of mickey and gavins wages.

Il Bomber Destro

When you compare Tyrone in 2014 to 2015 when Donnelly arrived in the setup, it's a world of difference.

Th strength and conditioning of the team has improved significantly in that time, I think he has a lot of input in our defensive structure and is a valued member of the backroom team.

The way I look at it is Donnelly worth £42k a year and I'd probably say yes. It's a salary and he covers an awful lot of teams across the whole setup. If you were to hire multiple S&C guys who are charging freelance by the hour for an array of different teams, then Donnelly will work out much cheaper.

driveherin

Peter Donnelly is worth more than what Mickey Harte is getting!!! And you can be damn sure hes getting £40k!

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Club boi on October 04, 2017, 07:24:27 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 04, 2017, 05:21:57 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on October 04, 2017, 03:36:41 PM
So anyway, which GAA jobs is it acceptable to be paid for?
S & C coach?
Physio?
Defence coach?
Manager?
Secretary?
Does it depend on the personality or on the amount of time they spend doing it?

Video Analysis is worth a few quid these days.
GPS Interpretation too, although that may be covered under the realm of S/C coach.

Just ask Coalisland!!!!

:o :o :o

TyroneOnlooker

we really shouldn't be discussing a man's salary on a public forum but I'm led to believe from reliable sources that Peter Donnelly currently isn't getting anywhere near that amount of money. In fact he took a pay cut to come to Tyrone.
The man is at the top of his game, oversees the senior training and S&C for all underage squads as well as plenty of other stuff not often publicised. He works long and unsociable hours, most weekends and if you compared his qualifications, skill set, performance level, hours etc to any other career, you can be sure it would equate to a salary of £40k+.

You can be damn sure Mickey takes home a lot more than that despite that fact that he's not actually paid of course. Would love to see how it's described in the county board's accounts in fairness.

tothetop03

Quote from: TyroneOnlooker on October 05, 2017, 11:09:27 AM
we really shouldn't be discussing a man's salary on a public forum but I'm led to believe from reliable sources that Peter Donnelly currently isn't getting anywhere near that amount of money. In fact he took a pay cut to come to Tyrone.
The man is at the top of his game, oversees the senior training and S&C for all underage squads as well as plenty of other stuff not often publicised. He works long and unsociable hours, most weekends and if you compared his qualifications, skill set, performance level, hours etc to any other career, you can be sure it would equate to a salary of £40k+.

You can be damn sure Mickey takes home a lot more than that despite that fact that he's not actually paid of course. Would love to see how it's described in the county board's accounts in fairness.

100 % correct

southtyronegael

How can anybody even be sure that mickey is gettin paid? Maybe it would explain the madness of the new 3 yr term? He could be either doin it for free or was the cheapest option?

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: tothetop03 on October 05, 2017, 11:16:00 AM
Quote from: TyroneOnlooker on October 05, 2017, 11:09:27 AM

100 % correct

Don't think Mickey's salary would feature in the County Board's accounts.  I'm led to believe Club Tyrone look after this end of things (a separate entity).  Peter Donnelly is however an employee of the County and his Salary would be disclosed along with other staffing costs paid out by Tyrone.
Living the dream!!!