Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skeog

Mickey said in a recent interview that the league cannot be used for playing rookies.So in effect the O Fiach and Mc Kenna cup is the only chance for newcomers.

GaelTheGael

Story from Garvaghey tonight is Peter Donnelly has left the setup over issues surrounding his wages. Rumoured to be for Mayo but you would imagine a queue of counties would take him.

Carmen Stateside

Tyrone wouldn't be paying backroom team surely? Is this what Club Tyrone is funding?

skeog

Not many counties could afford him.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on October 04, 2017, 01:52:14 AM
Tyrone wouldn't be paying backroom team surely? Is this what Club Tyrone is funding?

You want him to be a full time strength and conditioning coach for the county for all the teams for free? How will he support himself? If Tyrone have any ambitions of doing anything they will have to put some money into this area.

tothetop03

Not a hope we will let Peter Donnelly go....

Jeremiah O

Any word on management for under 20s?
Unconquered and unconquerable

redhandefender

Quote from: GaelTheGael on October 03, 2017, 11:18:24 PM
Story from Garvaghey tonight is Peter Donnelly has left the setup over issues surrounding his wages. Rumoured to be for Mayo but you would imagine a queue of counties would take him.

Nonsense

skeog

I see Peter is a guest speaker at a Down seminar on coaching with Stephen Poacher at the end of the month.Employers might not be happy.

southtyronegael

Well if peter leaves then we may forget about it. He was the only man in Tyrone setup worth keeping.

southtyronegael

Fergal Logan stepped down last night too.

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: Redhand Santa on October 04, 2017, 08:05:55 AM

You want him to be a full time strength and conditioning coach for the county for all the teams for free? How will he support himself? If Tyrone have any ambitions of doing anything they will have to put some money into this area.

Sorry didn't realize he was full time.  As for Tyrone and having ambitions of doing anything, believe me strength and conditioning is not the problem and a waste of funds!!!

tothetop03

Club will be contacted to nominate management for the U-17 and the U-20 roles.... i wonder why Clubs never got too discuss 3 year contract for Mickey Harte......

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on October 04, 2017, 10:23:30 AM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on October 04, 2017, 08:05:55 AM

Sorry didn't realize he was full time.  As for Tyrone and having ambitions of doing anything, believe me strength and conditioning is not the problem and a waste of funds!!!

Hardly a waste of funds.  Peter is an employee of the county the same way he was an employee at Cavan during their successful spell through the minors and u21s.  In that role he is responsible for the adult county squads and I believe he also works with the Tyrone colleges (happy to be corrected on that last point).  Peter has a salary like anyone else has but his job isn't 9-5.  Worth the investment if Tyrone want to progress
Living the dream!!!

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: tothetop03 on October 04, 2017, 11:06:52 AM
Club will be contacted to nominate management for the U-17 and the U-20 roles.... i wonder why Clubs never got too discuss 3 year contract for Mickey Harte......

Clubs were contacted re Mickey Harte. It was a week after the Ulster Final.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone