Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WT4E

Quote from: redzone on February 05, 2018, 11:43:16 PM
Thanks ice man. As I'm sure you have read above we have a lot of jealous/envious posters here in Tyrone

Congratulations to Moy - As I said on another thread great achievement as its tough enough to get out of Tyrone never mind going the whole way!

I'd say PBs is still rocking!

Knock Yer Mucker In

Yes, indeed, congratulations to 'The Moy' on a fantastic achievement. Our intermediate clubs once again prove the strength in depth we have as county. Brilliant

Tyrone Gaa

Tyrone's record at Intermediate and Junior level is outstanding, there are now multiple clubs that have went all to taste provincial and all Ireland success.  What is required for our Senior Clubs to take that next step?  It was always said that to win a Tyrone Senior county title is so tough the tank is empty when it comes to challenging for Ulster.

I would say to win a Tyrone Intermediate title is no cake walk either with 8-10 clubs realistically thinking its an achievable target.  (Moy finished 8th in the league).

I personally love our county championship an wouldn't like to see any changes, but what has to be done to get our Senior Champions to a provincial title?   
Living the dream!!!

TabClear

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on February 06, 2018, 04:34:38 PM
Tyrone's record at Intermediate and Junior level is outstanding, there are now multiple clubs that have went all to taste provincial and all Ireland success.  What is required for our Senior Clubs to take that next step?  It was always said that to win a Tyrone Senior county title is so tough the tank is empty when it comes to challenging for Ulster.

I would say to win a Tyrone Intermediate title is no cake walk either with 8-10 clubs realistically thinking its an achievable target.  (Moy finished 8th in the league).

I personally love our county championship an wouldn't like to see any changes, but what has to be done to get our Senior Champions to a provincial title?

Great achievement for Moy. 8th in the league a bit of a false position for them.They have always been a different animal in the championship because of the impact of their county men and probably suffered more than most when they aren't available.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: TabClear on February 06, 2018, 05:13:46 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on February 06, 2018, 04:34:38 PM

Great achievement for Moy. 8th in the league a bit of a false position for them.They have always been a different animal in the championship because of the impact of their county men and probably suffered more than most when they aren't available.

I do accept that the starred rule impacts them more than most and could be a few points better off but I'm not sure they would have accumulated the points total that Derrylaughan and Aghyaran got with all their players. 
Living the dream!!!

awideisneverasgood

Quote from: Tyroneforsam on February 05, 2018, 02:03:10 PM
Ah for gods sake if you men cannot see how unsporting Cavanagh is you need to take off your Moy/Tyrone rose tinted glasses! I'm a Tyrone man myself but I'm going to call a spade a spade, he's a tr**p on the field end off!! He was a super footballer who didn't need to indulge in that behaviour but he's chosen to do so. He legacy has been diminished throughout Ireland because of this behaviour.

I think you're making a bit of a mountain out of a molehill here. You see fit to call a player a tr**p for drawing the linesman's attention to an opposition player kicking a member of his team. I don't really see a major problem with this, goes on up and down the country week in, week out.  The player who strikes / kicks has committed the much greater offence.

I think your choice of language here is symptomatic of a larger issue in GAA than players appealing  to officials to enforce the rules of the game i.e. "supporters" who believe they have the right to personally abuse / judge amateur players who are out giving it all for the clubs / counties week in and week out.

Congratulations to Moy team and club, a tremendous achievement to be very proud of. 

Tyroneforsam

Quote from: awideisneverasgood on February 07, 2018, 11:28:18 AM
Ah for gods sake if you men cannot see how unsporting Cavanagh is you need to take off your Moy/Tyrone rose tinted glasses! I'm a Tyrone man myself but I'm going to call a spade a spade, he's a tr**p on the field end off!! He was a super footballer who didn't need to indulge in that behaviour but he's chosen to do so. He legacy has been diminished throughout Ireland because of this behaviour.

I think you're making a bit of a mountain out of a molehill here. You see fit to call a player a tr**p for drawing the linesman's attention to an opposition player kicking a member of his team. I don't really see a major problem with this, goes on up and down the country week in, week out.  The player who strikes / kicks has committed the much greater offence.

I think your choice of language here is symptomatic of a larger issue in GAA than players appealing  to officials to enforce the rules of the game i.e. "supporters" who believe they have the right to personally abuse / judge amateur players who are out giving it all for the clubs / counties week in and week out.

Congratulations to Moy team and club, a tremendous achievement to be very proud of.

You've chosen to ignore the fact Sean Cavanagh continually tries to influence the officials decisions, not just the kicking incident on Saturday past. I would see through your argument if it was an isolated incident but its clearly not. I've acknowledged the fact he was a super player but I find his unsportmanship intolerable. The true greats of the game don't/didn't indulge in this behaviour!   

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: Tyroneforsam on February 07, 2018, 12:07:35 PM

You've chosen to ignore the fact Sean Cavanagh continually tries to influence the officials decisions, not just the kicking incident on Saturday past. I would see through your argument if it was an isolated incident but its clearly not. I've acknowledged the fact he was a super player but I find his unsportmanship intolerable. The true greats of the game don't/didn't indulge in this behaviour!   

I've read some tosh in my time but his is up there with the best of it. 'True greats of the don't indulge in this behaviour' Gooch never gave over to the ref, every game you can see him having a running commentary in the refs ear

redhandefender

What rubbish, so its sportsmanly to hit someone a box or give them a boot, what would be the manly action to do then? Get retaliation, I thought we were trying to take that thuggish behaviour out of the game.

Someone boots me or slaps me I'll end up going at them and get sent of, which is complete stupidity, the correct action is to get the refs attention

Tyroneforsam

Quote from: redhandefender on February 07, 2018, 12:37:32 PM

What rubbish, so its sportsmanly to hit someone a box or give them a boot, what would be the manly action to do then? Get retaliation, I thought we were trying to take that thuggish behaviour out of the game.

Someone boots me or slaps me I'll end up going at them and get sent of, which is complete stupidity, the correct action is to get the refs attention

What about the occasions (the majority) when Sean Cavanagh is not the on the receiving end of such 'thuggist behaviour' but a teammate, why does he feel the need to get involved with influencing the officials decision?   

awideisneverasgood

I'm not ignoring that fact at all.  I just don't see a massive problem with it? Players up and down the country try to influence officials every week,  crowds try to influence officials at every match.  Why shouldn't a player try to draw an officials attention to an offence?

Whether or not you find his sportsmanship intolerable or not, I don't think for one second you are justified in calling him a tr**p. I think its a bit rich for anybody to accuse somebody of unsportsmanlike behaviour and use language like this as part of your argument. 

Tyrone Gaa

Cavanagh is a legend of the game, I understand if people choose to criticise him from outside the county, but from within baffles me, a County he served so well (dragged them to the 08 all Ireland).  He's in the top 2 players ever to play for the County in my opinion (with Canavan).  He is kicked more than most because of his ability.  If you every go watch Carrickmore, Conor Gormley referees every game.  He is saluted as a great of the game and rightly so.  He maybe doesn't get kicked as much as Sean but he refs the game better than Sean.

Point is Sean Cavanagh is an unbelievable talent and a winner, if he can gain a competitive advantage he will try to take it.  Congratulations to Sean on Another All Ireland, Congratulations to Moy and I hope Colm Cavanagh returns to Tyrone this weekend to get a badly needed win
Living the dream!!!

trileacman

Calling Sean Cavanagh a tr**p is pretty low. He's an unpaid amateur who provided great days out and enjoyment for lots of people in Tyrone. I acknowledge and criticise his poor sportsmanship at times but personal abuse is uncalled for.

The only "tramps" are those faceless individuals who direct personal abuse towards amateurs sports men partaking in what is more or less a pastime of absolutely no consequence to the world at large.
Who gives a f**k really how Sean cavanagh or any other gaa player acts on a gaa pitch? It doesn't kill, maim or offend anyone in wider world. Sport is  a mere game, a glorified school yard jolly elevated to incredulous levels of importance and emotional involvement.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Tyrone95

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on February 07, 2018, 01:21:04 PM
Cavanagh is a legend of the game, I understand if people choose to criticise him from outside the county, but from within baffles me, a County he served so well (dragged them to the 08 all Ireland).  He's in the top 2 players ever to play for the County in my opinion (with Canavan).  He is kicked more than most because of his ability.  If you every go watch Carrickmore, Conor Gormley referees every game.  He is saluted as a great of the game and rightly so.  He maybe doesn't get kicked as much as Sean but he refs the game better than Sean.

Point is Sean Cavanagh is an unbelievable talent and a winner, if he can gain a competitive advantage he will try to take it.  Congratulations to Sean on Another All Ireland, Congratulations to Moy and I hope Colm Cavanagh returns to Tyrone this weekend to get a badly needed win
I would be deluded if I tried to dis-agree with this, its a case of love having that type of player on your team and hate playing against them.  It would be interesting to have a count of how many games Gormley has pulled us through over the years when our backs where against the wall.. don't forget Canavan also had that special power to influence a referees decision yet he is considered the greatest of all time' - I wouldnt be so critical of Sean Cavanagh

tothetop03

league starts easter saturday i believe any one else hear this?