Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on November 24, 2017, 01:41:56 PM
I think the moy are a small club. It's hardly the biggest catchment area in Tyrone. I have never seen them compete at grade 1 in any underage competition (open to correction). I think they produced some Tyrone legends but haven't produced a great 15. They yo-yo'd for a few years in and out of senior without any major impact bar that semi final run.

the size of Slaughtneil

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on November 24, 2017, 02:31:57 PM
I think the moy are a small club. It's hardly the biggest catchment area in Tyrone. I have never seen them compete at grade 1 in any underage competition (open to correction). I think they produced some Tyrone legends but haven't produced a great 15. They yo-yo'd for a few years in and out of senior without any major impact bar that semi final run.

the size of Slaughtneil

That may well be the case, Slaughtneil have proven themselves to be exceptional, and if that's the case are you suggesting success is solely based on catchment, that's 1 aspect of every club. Community buy in is also a massive part of it and that's why the likes of Clonoe punch above their weight based on catchment, the club is front and centre of everything.
Living the dream!!!

GetOverTheBar

Can't agree on Clonoe, it's a huge catchment area - and recent development will only further that around there.

tothetop03

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 24, 2017, 03:37:11 PM
Can't agree on Clonoe, it's a huge catchment area - and recent development will only further that around there.

The recent development will NOT benefit us greatly as most newly developed estates in Clonoe contain families from Neighbouring clubs....there is one estate in Clonoe that 3 starting players for Coalisland live in..... Clonoe Coalisland and Derrylaughan all punch above their weight for the numbers and competition they have in their catchment area.....

LeoMc

Quote from: tothetop03 on November 24, 2017, 03:46:14 PM

The recent development will NOT benefit us greatly as most newly developed estates in Clonoe contain families from Neighbouring clubs....there is one estate in Clonoe that 3 starting players for Coalisland live in..... Clonoe Coalisland and Derrylaughan all punch above their weight for the numbers and competition they have in their catchment area.....
How do we define this punching above weight for their catchment area? IS there a database anywhere showing numbers of families or potential playing population?
The diocese of Armagh website used to have a table with numbers of families and IIRC both the Clonoe and Ballyclog both had fairly large numbers compared to the likes of Carrickmore and Ballygawley.

tothetop03

Quote from: LeoMc on November 24, 2017, 04:18:19 PM

How do we define this punching above weight for their catchment area? IS there a database anywhere showing numbers of families or potential playing population?
The diocese of Armagh website used to have a table with numbers of families and IIRC both the Clonoe and Ballyclog both had fairly large numbers compared to the likes of Carrickmore and Ballygawley.

Ballyclog and Clonoe Parish takes in Clonoe Derrylaughan Coalisland Brockagh Derrytresk Stewartstown and Brackaville

PMG1

Hi folks for any of yous that are interested the final of the Paul McGirr U16 Club Champions Tournament takes place this Sunday at 2:00 between Crossmaglen and Kilcoo, there is a bit of recent history between these two clubs so it should make for a great atmosphere, going by performances so far it promises to be a real cracker ( the kilcoo v Carrickmore semi final was one of the best games I ever witnessed), it will be ground breaking as well because the game is being brodcast live on the 'Spirit of Paul McGirr' Facebook page as well as Teamtalkmag and Tyrone Association Dublin pages, live commentary will be provided by Noel McGinn with Mark Harte and Ciaran McBride also in the studio, tune in for what should be a great game

redzone

Quote from: tothetop03 on November 24, 2017, 04:32:39 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on November 24, 2017, 04:18:19 PM

Ballyclog and Clonoe Parish takes in Clonoe Derrylaughan Coalisland Brockagh Derrytresk Stewartstown and Brackaville

Which clubs are which parish
I think u seen a parish map in Tyrone one time and ardboe looked to have a massive parish???

Jim Bob

Coalisland brackaville Stewartstown are in ballyclog and donaghenry parish.

The rest in Clonoe parish

Beantown

the size of Slaughtneil

The size of Slaughtneil???  They have everyone fooled.... Rich club with a large catchment area. Credit to them though.  They are an example to every other club. 

driveherin

MANAGER GONE

Aghaloo O'Neill's
Aghyaran Saint Davog's - Peter McGinnity - GONE
Ardboe O'Donovan Rossa - McGuigan/Coney - GONE
Augher St Macartan's
Beragh Red Knights
Brackaville Owen Roes - Sean Corr - GONE
Brocagh Emmetts - John Feeney - GONE
Carrickmore St Colmcille's - McCallan, Donnelly, McCann - GONE
Castlederg St Eugene's - Dermot Corry - GONE
Clann na Gael
Clogher Eire óg
Clonoe O'Rahilly's - Cassidy & Niall O'Neill - GONE
Coalisland Fianna -
Cookstown Fr.Rocks
Derrylaughan Kevin Barry's - Aidan Taggart - GONE
Derrytresk Fir a'Chnoic - John McGuckin - GONE
Donaghmore St Patrick's -
Dregish Pearse óg
Dromore St Dympna's -
Drumquin Wolfe Tone's
Drumragh Sarsfield's
Dungannon Thomas Clarkes - Paul Rouse - GONE
Edendork St Malachy's - Gary Mallon - GONE
Eglish St Patrick's -
Errigal Ciaran -
Eskra Emmett's - James Slater - GONE
Fintona Na Piarsaigh
Galbally Pearse's - Archie Beattie - GONE
Glenelly St Joseph's
Gortin St Patrick's
Greencastle St Patrick's -
Kildress Wolfe Tone's -
Killeeshil St. Mary's
Killyclogher St Mary's - Dom Corrigan - GONE
Killyman St Mary's - Paul McVeigh, Ryan Mellon - GONE
Loughmacrory St Teresa's -
Moortown St Malachy's -
Moy Tír na nóg -
Newtownstewart St Eugene's - Martin McNulty - GONE
Omagh St Enda's
Owen Roe O'Neill's
Pomeroy Plunketts - Doherty - GONE
Rock St Patrick's - Adrian Nugent - GONE
Stewartstown Harps - Paul Feeney - GONE
Strabane Sigerson's
Tattyreagh St Patrick's
Trillick St Macartan's -
Urney St Colmcille's - Mickey Rea - GONE

Knock Yer Mucker In

Niall O Neill is not gone, nor was he or is he the manager. He will assist O' Dowd next season, in the same way he assisted Cassidy.

Jeremiah O

Talk at the Moy game yesterday that Martin McKinless is going back to Derrylaughan.
Unconquered and unconquerable

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: Beantown on November 26, 2017, 07:07:11 PM

the size of Slaughtneil

The size of Slaughtneil???  They have everyone fooled.... Rich club with a large catchment area. Credit to them though.  They are an example to every other club.

There are as many rich men in the Moy, only difference their rich men throw money at the club. Sneil is not a large area at all, but a lot of their players come from Maghera, they are mostly players from former players (fathers & mothers), their sons & daughters go back to the club instead of playing for Glen.

Tyrone Gaa

Brilliant result for the Moy yesterday, although I don't think they played well and will be happy just to get across the line. Had a wee look at the draw and they play Kerry and Munster Champions An Gaeltacht. I suspect that's the end of the road for the Moy, they are a well equipped senior side going by the reports ive read. I sincerely hope I'm wrong and wish Moy all the best in the All Ireland Series 
Living the dream!!!