Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 09, 2017, 03:58:41 PM
Quote from: Mikhailov on October 09, 2017, 03:56:31 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 09, 2017, 03:16:59 PM
I reckon it'll be a big enough task for any of the intermediate teams to beat the Senior teams in a play off.....assuming the Senior team wants to stay there.

you also need to assume the intermediate team wants to try and go up also which may not be the case either...

Haha, you win this one! Very true....although I think Aghyaran are mad looking up.

You also have Division 2 teams who have been playing all year and for the most part winning games maybe 10-12 league games out of 15 so squad is used to winning, confidence high vs teams at the bottom of Div 1 who have for the most part been losing games all year - maybe 2 wins out of 15 - squad confidence low.

If you add that to the fact there isn't a whole lot IMO between the bottom 6/7 clubs in Div 1 vs the top 6/7 in Division 2 it is quite often the case in the last few year that the Intermediate play-off team go up.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

an léirmheastóir

Quote from: tothetop03 on October 09, 2017, 03:46:29 PM
Quote from: Jim Bob on October 09, 2017, 03:45:27 PM
Quote from: Archie53 on October 09, 2017, 03:25:22 PM
Quote from: tothetop03 on October 09, 2017, 03:20:18 PM
Anyman See Petsy Kennedy getting a slap in the gub at the game yesterday by a Derrylaughan man into the bargain.....
Yeah seen it totally out of order. Very annoyed when he came on to the pitch not Petsey fault they where beat.

Why would a derrylaughan man want to hit Petsy? Not doubting it just surprised it happened!

Dont know just saying what i seen....

Did you see it? Would you not have been away supporting your ladies in their first ever Ulster championship game

tothetop03

Quote from: an léirmheastóir on October 09, 2017, 04:50:20 PM
Quote from: tothetop03 on October 09, 2017, 03:46:29 PM
Quote from: Jim Bob on October 09, 2017, 03:45:27 PM
Quote from: Archie53 on October 09, 2017, 03:25:22 PM
Anyman See Petsy Kennedy getting a slap in the gub at the game yesterday by a Derrylaughan man into the bargain.....
Yeah seen it totally out of order. Very annoyed when he came on to the pitch not Petsey fault they where beat.

Why would a derrylaughan man want to hit Petsy? Not doubting it just surprised it happened!

Dont know just saying what i seen....

Did you see it? Would you not have been away supporting your ladies in their first ever Ulster championship game

No could not make ladies match....have more interest in mens football to be honest...

giveherlong

James Darcy from tattyreagh surely worth a run at county senior level?

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: giveherlong on October 09, 2017, 05:41:49 PM
James Darcy from tattyreagh surely worth a run at county senior level?
Personally don't think so. Wasnt overly impressed with him v Clogher and he kicked a lot of wides against Owen Roes.
Thought from them two games Johnny Harkin was their most impressive player

TROUSERS

Maybe the Derrylaughan man thought Petsey was a Moy man. He doesn't usually attend many of his own clubs matches so maybe the Derrylaughan man didn't recognise him.

Jeremiah O

What club are you from Trousers??
Unconquered and unconquerable

In hiding

Christmas Lights

Derrylaughran gonna derrylaughran  8)

Just couldn't take their beating. Atrocious management cost then the match. 14 men behind the ball first half and them favorites, hit 2 measly points. Different team second half when they attacked a bit. First half cost them the match. Terrible terrible management

blewuporstuffed

What are peoples views on the current state of reserve football within the county?
I feel it is dying a  death with a huge number of fixtures not being fulfilled and this seems to get worse every year.
Is there any appetite for change in the way the whole thing is structured?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

TabClear

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 10, 2017, 09:11:09 AM
What are peoples views on the current state of reserve football within the county?
I feel it is dying a  death with a huge number of fixtures not being fulfilled and this seems to get worse every year.

It is the same every year, everything ok until about June then as soon as teams go out of the Championship, unfulfilled fixtures galore. Very difficult to see a solution. It does seem to be that Reserve teams are increasing made up of  older players who have stepped down from the seniors. These guys have family/work commitments and committing to being around every Sunday in the summer on the off chance of a game is a problem from a family perspective. Especially if the game is called off on the morning of the match. 

There will usually be 3-4 younger men in every reserve  team who are pushing for a senior spot and will always be around. The balance of the team, the  "recreational" younger players who have no real ambitions of breaking into the senior team will also get pissed off with sitting in on a Saturday night and then have the match called off Sunday morning. Becomes a vicious circle then.

I know people have talked about playing the Reserves separately to seniors, maybe on a Friday night which I think they do in other counties. Might be worth a rattle to run the Reserve league off over a four month period, say on Friday nights/Saturday evenings from Apr-August with only set July holidays. Players know what they are signing up for and have all day Sunday free if they want.

Will also get rid of the  scenario where someone plays a full reserve game then comes on after 10 minutes in the senior game as a sub!

LeoMc

What are you thinking?
Current structure but play the reserves the evening before.

6 divisions with the Reserves as stand alone teams.

A new junior B style recreational league separate from the ACL so you commit to competitive (ACL) or recreational at the beginning of the year.

square_ball

I have always said it - split the county in 2 for reserve football. 2 divisions in both east and west. Play the games on a separate night during the week. To have reserve players hanging around waiting weeks for games based on the progress of the county team is ridiculous. Worth a go anyway in my opinion because at the moment the current structure is not working.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: TabClear on October 10, 2017, 09:31:24 AM

It is the same every year, everything ok until about June then as soon as teams go out of the Championship, unfulfilled fixtures galore. Very difficult to see a solution. It does seem to be that Reserve teams are increasing made up of  older players who have stepped down from the seniors. These guys have family/work commitments and committing to being around every Sunday in the summer on the off chance of a game is a problem from a family perspective. Especially if the game is called off on the morning of the match. 

There will usually be 3-4 younger men in every reserve  team who are pushing for a senior spot and will always be around. The balance of the team, the  "recreational" younger players who have no real ambitions of breaking into the senior team will also get pissed off with sitting in on a Saturday night and then have the match called off Sunday morning. Becomes a vicious circle then.

I know people have talked about playing the Reserves separately to seniors, maybe on a Friday night which I think they do in other counties. Might be worth a rattle to run the Reserve league off over a four month period, say on Friday nights/Saturday evenings from Apr-August with only set July holidays. Players know what they are signing up for and have all day Sunday free if they want.

Will also get rid of the  scenario where someone plays a full reserve game then comes on after 10 minutes in the senior game as a sub!

Seems as good an idea as any, but you'll end up with senior teams maybe training that same night with limited numbers which will cause trouble too. If it's anything like my own club in recent years, you'd be looking at at least half of every Tue/Fri training session what you would label 'reserve players'.

You aren't going to please everyone with regards to reserves, but get it nailed down and run off - play the games on a Friday night, weekends are free and maybe leave the reserve Championship to August which would keep numbers up at training over the summer and help people push on if they want to try and break into senior team for championship?

TabClear

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 10, 2017, 10:06:57 AM
Quote from: TabClear on October 10, 2017, 09:31:24 AM

Seems as good an idea as any, but you'll end up with senior teams maybe training that same night with limited numbers which will cause trouble too. If it's anything like my own club in recent years, you'd be looking at at least half of every Tue/Fri training session what you would label 'reserve players'.

You aren't going to please everyone with regards to reserves, but get it nailed down and run off - play the games on a Friday night, weekends are free and maybe leave the reserve Championship to August which would keep numbers up at training over the summer and help people push on if they want to try and break into senior team for championship?

Yeah that is the big problem. If  a senior team trains on Friday night as well it kind off limits them to a maximum of 15 assuming everyone shows up. Less of a problem later in the year when you can could the number of reserves training on one hand which is part of the problem! ;)