Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone11234

Quote from: Tyrone11234 on October 21, 2023, 08:35:30 PMThe team coming up will beat them as they always do. When was the last time the Div 1 team retained their place? Must be 6 or 7 years ago
Bit of quick research the last time the Divison 1 retained their place was in 2011 when Moortown beat Gortin ?

clarshack

Out of the Division 2 teams currently left the Moy with their strength and conditioning and 2 exceptional forwards along with Colm Cavanagh playing like he is in his 20's would have been best placed to give the Fianna a game but as they will likely beat Pomeroy and get promoted via the championship the Fianna will survive the drop for another year. The Fianna would beat a Pomeroy or Derrylaughan by a similar scoreline to today.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on October 21, 2023, 09:46:02 PM
Quote from: clarshack on October 21, 2023, 09:38:08 PMOut of the Division 2 teams currently left the Moy with their strength and conditioning and 2 exceptional forwards along with Colm Cavanagh playing like he is in his 20's would have been best placed to give the Fianna a game but as they will likely beat Pomeroy and get promoted via the championship the Fianna will survive the drop for another year. The Fianna would beat a Pomeroy or Derrylaughan by a similar scoreline to today.
Perspectives are mad. I see it very similar to you but almost reversed.
Pomeroy, the Moy & Derrylaughan are the teams in the running for me too. I would have Pomeroy the best placed to beat the Fianna but expect them to win championship. I would expect Coalisland to sweep the Moy and Derrylaughan aside handy enough.

That's a mad statistic about the playoffs btw though I think this year was a particularly weak Division 2. I think Coalisland will break the mould.

Similarly I think Pomeroy would cause Coalisland all sorts of problems with a strong running game.

If it was to be Moy the matchups are maybe a bit clearer for Coalisland. But rule out Beragh or Derrylaughan at your peril. I'm not sure Aghyaran are ready looking at their championship run.

The intermediate final is a coin toss. Bookies have Pomeroy marginal favourites, I fancy the Moy based on strong showing last weekend.
Living the dream!!!

dhá chos chlé

After todays game any division 2 team should be licking their lips from the chance they have to get into senior football in this playoff

clarshack

Are there no curtain raisers before this weekends finals?

LeoMc

Quote from: clarshack on October 24, 2023, 10:36:39 PMAre there no curtain raisers before this weekends finals?

Is the minor championship still held up in hearings?

clarshack

Quote from: LeoMc on October 25, 2023, 10:35:07 AM
Quote from: clarshack on October 24, 2023, 10:36:39 PMAre there no curtain raisers before this weekends finals?

Is the minor championship still held up in hearings?

what's that about?

clarshack

Could they not have had the Intermediate Final on before the Senior Final and give the neutral supporter a bit of value for money? Intermediate and Senior Finals were on as a double header in Armagh last weekend and in Derry this weekend.
Feels like it is another money grab by splitting the Finals up to try and maximise as much revenue as possible.

trailer

All not well in Galbally going by the Whatsapp messages flying about. Has the Club and Community association fallen out?

GaaGPT

Quote from: trailer on October 25, 2023, 12:17:59 PMAll not well in Galbally going by the Whatsapp messages flying about. Has the Club and Community association fallen out?
Doesn't help they are on hunt for new management

ClubScene13

Quote from: clarshack on October 25, 2023, 11:19:15 AMCould they not have had the Intermediate Final on before the Senior Final and give the neutral supporter a bit of value for money? Intermediate and Senior Finals were on as a double header in Armagh last weekend and in Derry this weekend.
Feels like it is another money grab by splitting the Finals up to try and maximise as much revenue as possible.

£14 in Saturday and £15 in Sunday would suggest so. £3 for under 16's.
Streaming £15 and £16.
I'm not normally too fussy with this stuff and I love watching a game from my living room, but steep compared to the rest of Ulster. Sure it always is, what's new

statto

Quote from: ClubScene13 on October 25, 2023, 03:30:10 PM
Quote from: clarshack on October 25, 2023, 11:19:15 AMCould they not have had the Intermediate Final on before the Senior Final and give the neutral supporter a bit of value for money? Intermediate and Senior Finals were on as a double header in Armagh last weekend and in Derry this weekend.

Streaming £15 and £16.
I'm not normally too fussy with this stuff and I love watching a game from my living room, but steep compared to the rest of Ulster. Sure it always is, what's new
14 quid to stream Armagh intermediate and senior last weekend more than double for Tyrone finals scandalous.

uptheblues

Quote from: ClubScene13 on October 25, 2023, 03:30:10 PM

Streaming £15 and £16.

Thank god for Amazon device I haven't gave them brass this year - Things are tight enough.

LeoMc

Talk that they are going to pull Tyrone TV next year. Too many pirate streams so they are not making money on it. They would be better investing in a better re-broadcaster that can minimise the piracy.

clarshack

Quote from: LeoMc on October 26, 2023, 09:22:28 AMTalk that they are going to pull Tyrone TV next year. Too many pirate streams so they are not making money on it. They would be better investing in a better re-broadcaster that can minimise the piracy.

They should have met people in the middle with a TV season pass like most other counties have and that would have helped with the piracy imo. It would have cost a serious amount of money for anyone to watch all the streams of the Tyrone club championship games this year.

Maybe not allowing RTE or TG4 (guaranteed income) to show a couple of games was a mistake too?

Ulster GAA TV season pass for upcoming games (20+ Live and others deferred) is excellent value at £60. Maybe the county board should take some advice from the Ulster Council on this.