Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on April 09, 2015, 12:12:11 PM
Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on April 09, 2015, 11:25:39 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on April 09, 2015, 10:51:41 AM
Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on April 09, 2015, 10:39:38 AM
"Quarterback" the point your trying to make about making club football more of a priority is fine but your arguments are absolute nonsense. Playing a game that close is definitely not enough time to be at the level you would want to be at going into an All Ireland series. And no, Tyrone training would absolutely not be as intense on a Tuesday night during the season as a club match would be.. you've no idea what your talking about if you think that's the case.

Anyway, as has been said, I'd be very surprised if any of the u21 county lads that have any aspirations of starting during the week will take part in club football this weekend. It's not a perfect scenario but sure when is it ever guna be, just have to make-do. I for one am just mad looking forward to getting the league up and running.

I think this is very unfair, particulary on a club like trillick, who have 4 u21s , who play strabane in thier first game back up in senior.
I would say that this weekends club games wont go ahead, which I wouldnt really have a problem with, apart from the fact that this is now thursday and noone still seems to know what it happening

Everything I've heard is that games will go ahead, but yeah its absolutely a disadvantage to Trillick and every other team involved, theres plenty I know, but postponing the league I wouldn't be in favour of myself. I don't know what the official line will be but I'm just saying I'd be very surprised if any of the lads were to take part in club this weekend, a Saturday match for all the teams affected seems to be the compromise being proposed but we'll know shortly enough

CCC now reaping the result of the decision to play championship at end of May. As regards u21 s not playing this weekend, clubs hav. 5 matches before championship, with 2 starred games, can you imagine how the u21 player will be treated if comes in saying I not playing this weekend to compound the county players missing with starred games, leaving clubs with county Sen and u21s having two games with full squad, playing a blinder there the CCC taking into account August will be free for club football in this county., of that anyone watching and knows football can see

But that requires a bit of common sense to be employed. We can't be having that.

The Trap

Totally fed up............had to tell work last weekend if i could work sat or sun and i said sat. cant get it changed as my bosses are not that interested in gaa (they cannot believe i dont know when my next game ever is!!!!).........i have trained since january and now i feel like i am letting everyone down..........i have said here before that nowadays you are either a county or a club man. I am a club man but i dont matter!!!!!!!!!!

Christmas Lights

Quote from: The Trap on April 09, 2015, 01:27:06 PM
Totally fed up............had to tell work last weekend if i could work sat or sun and i said sat. cant get it changed as my bosses are not that interested in gaa (they cannot believe i dont know when my next game ever is!!!!).........i have trained since january and now i feel like i am letting everyone down..........i have said here before that nowadays you are either a county or a club man. I am a club man but i dont matter!!!!!!!!!!

Think it's been fairly well documented what the situation was should Tyrone under 21s win or lose. There had been adequate time to make arrangements.

blewuporstuffed

To be honest I dont understand the thinking behind moving the game forward a day to the saturday, what advantage is that exactly?
Sure it gives an extra day between the club games and the semi final, but it gives a days less rest between the ulster final and playing for thier clubs (from 3 down to 2) surely that is a greater risk of injury than geting and extra days rest  from 6 up to 7??
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Tyrone Gaa

Interesting looking at the starred fixtures and how the recent changes to the county set up have changed things.  Killyclogher and Omagh potentially now both have 5 county players and are the top contributors.  Looking at the squad named vs Kerry are Niall McKenna and Barry Tierney still on the panel?  Clonoe's Representation is now down to 2 players (possibly 1 with Micky O'neill not named in the last squad) and benefit having to play both Killyclogher and Omagh in the starred rounds.  Ardboe, Coalisland and Eglish all benefit but to a lesser extent.

Moy got royally screwed over having to play Ardboe (0), Coalisland (0), Greencastle (0), Donaghmore (1 possibly) and Strabane (1).  The way things have went this week the panel members of Donaghmore and Strabane could also drift away as they are not kicking much ball

Starred Round 1
Omagh v Clonoe
Eglish v Killyclogher
Dungannon v Dromore
Errigal Ciaran v Trillick
Strabane v Moy
Donaghmore v Ardboe
Coalisland v An Charraig Mhor
Greencastle v Augher

Starred Round 2
Eglish v Clonoe
Omagh v Killyclogher
Errigal Ciaran v Dungannon
Dromore v Trillick
Donaghmore v Strabane
Ardboe v Moy
Greencastle v Coalisland
Augher v An Charraig Mhor

Starred Round 3
Killyclogher v Clonoe
Omagh v Eglish
Trillick v Dungannon
Errigal Ciaran v Dromore
Strabane v Augher
Donaghmore v Moy
Coalisland v Ardboe
An Charraig Mhor v Greencastle

Starred Round 4
Dromore v Clonoe
Killyclogher v Trillick
Eglish v Errigal Ciaran
Dungannon v Omagh
Strabane v An Charraig Mhor
Ardboe v Greencastle
Augher v Donaghmore
Coalisland v Moy

Starred Round 5
Clonoe v Errigal Ciaran
Killyclogher v Dungannon
Eglish v Dromore
Trillick v Omagh
Strabane v Ardboe
Coalisland v Augher
Donaghmore v An Charraig Mhor
Greencastle v Moy

Living the dream!!!

Norf Tyrone

Tyrone v Roscommon next Sat at 7pm in Cavan.

ACL games the next day.

Hmmmm.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Red Hand Man

Surely in light of the fixture debacle which currently exists, the timing of the championship for the end of May needs to be urgently revised.  Clubs are looking at a situation where they may have only 3 league games with a full panel available.
This weekend's games see teams having to field without their under 21 contingent.  The management told these boys that they were forbidden from playing with their clubs in the first league game of the year.  I will make a prediction that they will hold a training session to coincide with the games to really hammer home the point.

Next weekend sees the semi final taking place.  If Tyrone win, the players will not be available for next weekend or the following weekend. Even if they lose, how able will these players be to play for their clubs on the same weekend?

Also, can anyone seriously believe that the proposed double round of fixtures due to take place at the beginning of May will actually happen?  At most one of these games will be cancelled in the run up to the seniors game with Donegal.
This will mean a scenario where clubs are expected to prepare for the make or break game of the year with a very limited number of league games with a full panel to pick from. 

Is the under 21 management to blame?  I don't think so.  They need to be afforded the best chance to bring us some badly needed success at this level.

Is the senior management to blame?  Again, no.  It is terrible preparation to have a double round of fixtures so close to the Donegal match.

The sensible thing is to postpone the championship until August.  Realistically, unless there is a huge upturn in fortunes, Tyrone will not be playing in the All Ireland semi finals this year.  The championship could easily be run off during August and September.

There is a massive elephant in the room that no one seems to be talking about.  Which teams are best placed to prepare fully for this year's club championship?  Surely it is those who have no players involved with the two county panels.  They are able to play every league game with their full team, allowing them to perfect systems etc.

Anyone know of such a team?

Where is the CCC chairman from?

Ahem.

There is the driving force for the current shambles that exists.

Quite disgusting really.

Moortown Spuds

Who is on the CCC? I can not see there being any starred fixtures this year and for that alone I praise the 5 that dropped off the squad. They made the correct choice.

Great to see the clubs wrestling a bit of power back from the CB.

Christmas Lights

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on April 10, 2015, 02:11:31 PM
Who is on the CCC? I can not see there being any starred fixtures this year and for that alone I praise the 5 that dropped off the squad. They made the correct choice.

In what way are they doing this?  What do you mean by this?

blewuporstuffed

QuoteThis weekend's games see teams having to field without their under 21 contingent.  The management told these boys that they were forbidden from playing with their clubs in the first league game of the year.  I will make a prediction that they will hold a training session to coincide with the games to really hammer home the point.

If that is true its a ridiculus situation to start the league with
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Christmas Lights on April 10, 2015, 02:14:06 PM
Quote from: Moortown Spuds on April 10, 2015, 02:11:31 PM

In what way are they doing this?  What do you mean by this?

I have to ask the same question,  Clubs have wrestled nothing from the county board.  CCC dont have any authority to answer to they decide how things are done and dont listen to objections or questions.  Nothing will change
Living the dream!!!

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: Red Hand Man on April 10, 2015, 01:51:27 PM
Surely in light of the fixture debacle which currently exists, the timing of the championship for the end of May needs to be urgently revised.  Clubs are looking at a situation where they may have only 3 league games with a full panel available.
This weekend's games see teams having to field without their under 21 contingent.  The management told these boys that they were forbidden from playing with their clubs in the first league game of the year.  I will make a prediction that they will hold a training session to coincide with the games to really hammer home the point.

Next weekend sees the semi final taking place.  If Tyrone win, the players will not be available for next weekend or the following weekend. Even if they lose, how able will these players be to play for their clubs on the same weekend?

Also, can anyone seriously believe that the proposed double round of fixtures due to take place at the beginning of May will actually happen?  At most one of these games will be cancelled in the run up to the seniors game with Donegal.
This will mean a scenario where clubs are expected to prepare for the make or break game of the year with a very limited number of league games with a full panel to pick from. 

Is the under 21 management to blame?  I don't think so.  They need to be afforded the best chance to bring us some badly needed success at this level.

Is the senior management to blame?  Again, no.  It is terrible preparation to have a double round of fixtures so close to the Donegal match.

The sensible thing is to postpone the championship until August.  Realistically, unless there is a huge upturn in fortunes, Tyrone will not be playing in the All Ireland semi finals this year.  The championship could easily be run off during August and September.

There is a massive elephant in the room that no one seems to be talking about.  Which teams are best placed to prepare fully for this year's club championship?  Surely it is those who have no players involved with the two county panels.  They are able to play every league game with their full team, allowing them to perfect systems etc.

Anyone know of such a team?

Where is the CCC chairman from?

Ahem.

There is the driving force for the current shambles that exists.

Quite disgusting really.

Red Hand Man,
I agree with many of the points you have made. I think the common sense thing to do would be postpone the club championship until August for the good of both county and club players. This would allow the county players to devote all of their efforts into achieving all they can in their respective county competitions, and also giving some breathing space and certainty to the club players calendar.

Ultimately the fixture problem here in Tyrone stems from Croke Park and its unwillingness to change the county championship structure/calendar. The Tyrone County Board can only make minor adjustments to fit ACL and club championships around these dates set in stone for the county games. Not until this scenario is resolved will club players get the fixture certainty that they need. Although, I still don't believe even given this limited influence the TCB should have considered playing the championship first rounds at the end of May. (I've made this point before so won't repeat)

Finally, your comment about the CCC chairperson is a cheap one. These decisions are taken on a board/committee format, and not down to any one individual. The discussion is best served when contributors refrain from hyperboley as it can take away from well made points.     

Red Hand Man

No hyperbole from my part.  Have you spoken to any members of the CCC?  If you get the chance, ask them about the level of discussion that took place regarding this decision.  Ask them how differing views were accepted and acted on.

GlenMan

Fergal Logan sent out an email to Club's today. I got forwarded a copy of the email-

A Chairde,

The Tyrone U-21 Management did request a postponement of all this weekend's Fixtures involving Panel members.  We believe that in order to give this group of players the best opportunity to fulfil their potential for All-Ireland success, in seven days' time, they should not be involved in competitive League fixtures.  Each player on the Panel has prepared diligently to date and has represented their Club and County with honour and pride.  All of their work in reaching the All-Ireland semi-final  would undoubtedly be put at risk by involvement in competitive League action this weekend.

Accordingly, we respectfully request that they do not play this weekend.  We are most conscious of the Clubs' predicament also, however we are required, in all of the circumstances, to attempt to reach the most balanced position.

Thank you.

Le Meas,

Feargal Logan     
Brian Dooher       
Peter Canavan.

Interesting to say the least. The CCC have ignored the thoughts of the U21 management.

Red Hand Man