Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Under Lights

Quote from: Tommo2 on April 03, 2015, 11:45:47 AM
Great idea on reserve football. An east/west split would be great as there would be local derbies every week. It would make the league enjoyable and competitive. A condensed season with relegation would also incentivise teams to fulfil the fixtures. Lets do it.

I honestly think there would be massive interest in my idea because of the many derby games. Clubs have to name 12 players that can only play senior and not take part in this in order to keep it for reserves.

winghalfun

QuoteI honestly think there would be massive interest in my idea because of the many derby games. Clubs have to name 12 players that can only play senior and not take part in this in order to keep it for reserves.

Don't know if things have changed much, but when I was secretary of my club the list of 12 sent in was on the extreme side of dubious to say the least.

Some of those 12 would have struggled to make the reserve panel when they were playing let alone the seniors.

Bensars

Quote from: winghalfun on April 03, 2015, 03:19:59 PM
QuoteI honestly think there would be massive interest in my idea because of the many derby games. Clubs have to name 12 players that can only play senior and not take part in this in order to keep it for reserves.

Don't know if things have changed much, but when I was secretary of my club the list of 12 sent in was on the extreme side of dubious to say the least.

Some of those 12 would have struggled to make the reserve panel when they were playing let alone the seniors.

In other clubs some of the 12 would have struggled to register  a pulse !

Under Lights

Wasn't it changed that they had to have played senior football the year before. Don't think clubs be at that carry on now.

I've no idea of how to make a proposal to the county board so will leave it to Tommo2 to sort. Thanks.

shezam

Any indication yet if league is going start on Saturday or Sunday?

Christmas Lights

Yes, league starts on Sunday.
if Tyrone under 21s win on Wednesday night then clubs with players involved in Tyrone under 21s will play their league game on Saturday as opposed to Sunday

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: Christmas Lights on April 06, 2015, 09:15:59 PM
if Tyrone under 21s win on Wednesday night then clubs with players involved in Tyrone under 21s will play their league game on Saturday as opposed to Sunday

And what purpose will that serve?

The Trap

I have booked off work on Sunday to play. I wont be able to change at such short notice. Do I have to hope that Donegal win?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on April 06, 2015, 09:23:03 PM
Quote from: Christmas Lights on April 06, 2015, 09:15:59 PM

And what purpose will that serve?

Agree it's kinda silly. The All Ireland U21 semi final is 18th April, so it's only resting the players by an increase of around 20 hours (Late throw in Saturday). I don't think that's worth the hassle of inconveniencing the remainder of the league. If the AI semi was next Weds, I could agree with that.

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

The Trap

If Tyrone Under 21s win tonight do you think they will be allowed to play club football at the weekend whether it is Saturday or Sunday?????

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: The Trap on April 08, 2015, 11:59:47 AM
If Tyrone Under 21s win tonight do you think they will be allowed to play club football at the weekend whether it is Saturday or Sunday?????
Allowed by whom?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Sunny Day

Some great league games to be had at the weekend.  Alot of teams will be wanting to be put down a marker for the year to come.  Eglish at home to Coalisland,  Carrickmore at home to Killyclogher,  Ardboe at home to Errigal and Dromore might have a steer a tricky away game to the Moy.  Set to be a good weekend of football.  Any predictions for the weekend ahead.  Is all teams have full pick of personnel? No injuries or missing players?  Starred games will be a little distorted now with all the new leavers from the county panel.

Legoman5

Players hav been told by U21 manager (Logan) that they are to play no part in club fixtures this wkend shud they win tonight!
Unless games are put off a wk I wudnt imagine any of the U21 players will say no to there club on the first game of the season..
Its a disgrace that they even have to be put into a situation where they might have to pick and choose!

Under Lights

Typical Tyrone club football- the wednesday before we are suppose to be up and running and we aren't even sure of the fixture. Good luck to anyone having to arrange days off work and that. Laughable. Great weather though.

Tyrone Gaa

Surely Tyrone CCC should now review the starred games process after the omission of four players from the county set up. If they were worked out on a balance process the balance has certainly shifted in favour of Ardboe, Eglish, Clonoe and Coalisland. While these lads are not always county starters they make a huge contribution to their clubs and their availability now makes a mockery of the starred process.

Living the dream!!!