Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

Where are you eeing any dates against these fixtures?
its just the rounds that are up on the website, no mention of dates or double weekends or anything like that
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Fuzzman

Could anyone PM me with a Mobile No or email for Seamus McCallan.

everymanaman

Can't figure the logic by stopping county minors from playing for their senior sides in the club cship until their inter county season is over. Surely this is only penalising the smaller clubs. Tattyreagh for one will be seriously inconvenienced.

Tyrone Dreamer

Was looking at the fixture list there, have they changed the way starred games are allocated in the current year? Haven't checked for all teams but they seem to be very unfair on the Moy. In previous years the games were against the likes of Omagh, Errigal, Carrickmore, Dromore. This made it easier to accept that you'd be without your best players for those games as realisitcally you weren't going to pick up many points anyway.

In the current year the Moy starred games are as follows:
Strabane - 1 county sub
Ardboe - 1 county sub
Donaghmore - 1 potential starter or sub
Coalisland - no county men?
Greencastle - no county men?

Doesn't seem overly fair for a small club who will be battling in the bottom half of the league to be missing their best players against clubs hardly impacted. 3 of the games above would be very winneable with the Cavanaghs available but are much less likely without. Even Coalisland the Moy beat last year.

Surely fairer games would have been against the likes of Dromore who also have 2 starters, Omagh, Killyclogher etc? Or even Dungannon who have 2 panel members.

rrhf

I think the Moy are definitely going the right road, they have a talented team without the Cavanaghs and are a great team with them.  I would back them for a decent championship run this year. Felt they were very unlucky against Carmen in the championship semi final a couple of years ago.

Max Payne

Quote from: rrhf on March 03, 2015, 08:34:06 PM
I think the Moy are definitely going the right road, they have a talented team without the Cavanaghs and are a great team with them.  I would back them for a decent championship run this year. Felt they were very unlucky against Carmen in the championship semi final a couple of years ago.

A great team? A wee bit OTT here

Tyrone Dreamer

He's being smart as donaghmore have the Moy In the championship. Given donaghmore disposed of them easily last year in the league I'm sure they'll start as favourites again.

rrhf

Would Dungannon and Moy not be a huge rivalry.

LeoMc

Quote from: everymanaman on March 03, 2015, 04:29:36 PM
Can't figure the logic by stopping county minors from playing for their senior sides in the club cship until their inter county season is over. Surely this is only penalising the smaller clubs. Tattyreagh for one will be seriously inconvenienced.

It is the minors from the small club who are more likely to have too many demands placed upon them (School, Club minor, Club u-21, Club Senior, County Vocational, County minor). Something has to give.

Schools football is pretty much wrapped up before the club season starts
Club seniors is where he will be facing bigger hardier opposition.

blewuporstuffed

I see the proposal for the seeded championship next year was defeated.
Personally i thought i was quite a good idea.
Im not sure what the major downside owuld have been?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Tyrone Gaa

Downside for a seeded championship means it takes away from how good the championship is and can be.  Look at the 1st round draw coming up its mouth watering to say the least.  That will be all done away with.  Promoted sides get punnished for winning their league/championship by automatically being drawn against a league super power.  Clubs trying n to make the break thru maybe boosted by a championship win to drive the club on will be kept down unless they can overcome the "big club"  I do agree something has to me done to make the league games more meaningful especially towards the end of the season but to seed 8 teams isnt the answer in my opinion. 

I dont have the answer but I'd be interested in hearing other possibilities for interest.  Tyrone have a brilliant championship I would hate to see that tinkered with like other counties with back doors and round robins!! 
Living the dream!!!

skeog

keep it the way it is proper championship imo unlike the round robin farce in derry donegal cavan and monaghan

shezam

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on March 04, 2015, 08:55:27 AM

Think this years Championship draw highlights the downside of the seeded championship. We wouldn't have seen first round games like Coalisland v Clonoe, Dromore v Ardboe, Errigal v Killyclogher and when you take into account either Greencastle/Eglish/Dungannon/Trillick could end up in the Semi-Final.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: skeog on March 04, 2015, 09:10:28 AM
keep it the way it is proper championship imo unlike the round robin farce in derry donegal cavan and monaghan

Lets not mix up a seeded championship draw with a round robin or back door system, completely different things

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: shezam on March 04, 2015, 09:11:17 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on March 04, 2015, 08:55:27 AM

Think this years Championship draw highlights the downside of the seeded championship. We wouldn't have seen first round games like Coalisland v Clonoe, Dromore v Ardboe, Errigal v Killyclogher and when you take into account either Greencastle/Eglish/Dungannon/Trillick could end up in the Semi-Final.
Fair enough, we wouldnt have had the same draw as we had this year and wouldnt have the big first round ties, but we would still more than likely get these games at some stage.
I think the championship in its current format is great, I just felt the seeded draw wouldnt ahve really taken away anything from it and would have improved the league structure.