Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snapchap

Quote from: Louther on March 16, 2021, 10:43:34 AM
It's little wonder the noise they making about Leotheleak down here when they are, once again, changing their policies north against what they supported down south. Mind you they left it very late in the referendum to row in behind the yes vote, funny enough when they polls showed that the vote was going to be yes. Matt Carty, who is terrible unless he is reading from his script, was challenged last night about why they had changed tact from Sunday on their Leotheleak position from letting the criminal investigation run its course to an aggressive position yesterday. Bit of deflection for their fence sitting? Has the army council ordered a different position in the assembly?

They've stuck the heads in the sand it seems since and haven't addressed their position yet. But lot of women's groups, north and south, looking answers.

Was talking your post seriously until I got to that bit.

Louther

Quote from: Snapchap on March 16, 2021, 10:55:22 AM
Quote from: Louther on March 16, 2021, 10:43:34 AM
It's little wonder the noise they making about Leotheleak down here when they are, once again, changing their policies north against what they supported down south. Mind you they left it very late in the referendum to row in behind the yes vote, funny enough when they polls showed that the vote was going to be yes. Matt Carty, who is terrible unless he is reading from his script, was challenged last night about why they had changed tact from Sunday on their Leotheleak position from letting the criminal investigation run its course to an aggressive position yesterday. Bit of deflection for their fence sitting? Has the army council ordered a different position in the assembly?

They've stuck the heads in the sand it seems since and haven't addressed their position yet. But lot of women's groups, north and south, looking answers.

Was talking your post seriously until I got to that bit.

Merely speculation and tongue in cheek as no official line seems to be forthcoming. Even some MLA had been tweeting their support the day before and then hopped on the fence.

Have you any answers?

Rossfan

So now we know why the sudden Leotheleak campaign burst out from Mloo and the loyal bots yesterday ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Applesisapples

I had hoped in vain as it turns out for a sensible response, instead of the anti sf claptrap.

dublin7

Quote from: Rossfan on March 16, 2021, 11:08:58 AM
So now we know why the sudden Leotheleak campaign burst out from Mloo and the loyal bots yesterday ;D

Mary Lou was on Newstalk this morning demanding Leo's resignation. When asked why Michelle O'Neill didn't step aside while she was being investigated she strangely refused to answer. I suppose that's the advantage of taking the populist approach rather than being policy driven. You can take contradictory positions on anything

Angelo

Quote from: dublin7 on March 16, 2021, 11:28:00 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on March 16, 2021, 11:08:58 AM

Mary Lou was on Newstalk this morning demanding Leo's resignation. When asked why Michelle O'Neill didn't step aside while she was being investigated she strangely refused to answer. I suppose that's the advantage of taking the populist approach rather than being policy driven. You can take contradictory positions on anything

Michelle O'Neill was not under any charges of abuse of power or cronyism. Leo Varadkar is.

I think what we are seeing here is the ashamed FFG voters circling the wagons.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Rossfan

Quote from: Applesisapples on March 16, 2021, 11:24:14 AM
I had hoped in vain as it turns out for a sensible response, instead of the anti sf claptrap.
Very sensitive to justified criticism aren't we?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Angelo

Quote from: Rossfan on March 16, 2021, 11:48:45 AM
Quote from: Applesisapples on March 16, 2021, 11:24:14 AM
Very sensitive to justified criticism aren't we?

Justified.

You have got yourself into an awful agitated SF bashing state when some bad news about the leader of your beloved FG is mired in a serious criminal controversy.

You know FG, that party you support but are too ashamed into admitting to doing so.

trailer

SF should call for a border poll so they can resolve their conflicting abortion stance.

Franko

SF have made some balls of this one.  Any criticism of them is well justified IMO.

I, like many others, am conflicted on the abortion issue, but the stance of SF on this was very clear - until that farce last night.

Anyone voting SF because of their previous stance on abortion would be 100% justified in feeling that they have been royally screwed over.

It remains to be seen whether this will hurt them in the polls (lost voters replaced with Aontu types?) - but it should.

Louther

Quote from: trailer on March 16, 2021, 11:52:58 AM
SF should call for a border poll so they can resolve their conflicting abortion stance.

I'd actually be very interested to see what way they'd vote. They have a reluctance to commit to yes or no at times.

armaghniac

Quote from: trailer on March 16, 2021, 11:52:58 AM

They'd probably campaign against a UI vote on the basis that the 26 counties wasn't good enough to join with.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

themac_23

Quote from: Franko on March 16, 2021, 11:57:08 AM
SF have made some balls of this one.  Any criticism of them is well justified IMO.

I, like many others, am conflicted on the abortion issue, but the stance of SF on this was very clear - until that farce last night.

Anyone voting SF because of their previous stance on abortion would be 100% justified in feeling that they have been royally screwed over.

It remains to be seen whether this will hurt them in the polls (lost voters replaced with Aontu types?) - but it should.

Im also conflicted and its a very sensitive subject that if you asked 100 people in private what they thought you'd prob find a lot of people would have a different answer than if you had a public show of hands. SF has scored a massive own goal With this. for reference, I have always voted SF. But with the direction they are going and a leadership who clearly aren't up to leading I won't be voting for them again and I know plenty who are feeling the same for different reason. im sick of the politics of just whatever the DUP say say the opposite, the political system here with power sharing is set up to fail.

The handling of the pandemic has been terrible from our govt in general not just from a SF point of view, but what it has done is shine a light on how broken our system is. I dont know who ill vote for when election time rolls around, I dont really know enough about Aontu but I will have a serious look at what they are about to see if it aligns with my feelings at the minute.

SF take mine and plenty of others votes for granted and therefore anything controversial they try and avoid it, not anymore for me.

Angelo

I'd like to see Aontu progress, it would be good for nationalists to have viable alternative in the north because the SDLP aren't it.

trailer

Listen this is pure SF. Flip flopping on everything depending on which way public opinion blows. They are little more than the Irish UKIP.