American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

What time does it kick off tonight?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

J70

J70

I've got Rams 0 Patriots 7 in my work pool.

30-27 FT to the Rams or 20-17 or even, f**k it, 27-20 to the evil axis will suit me!🙂

J70

Quote from: gallsman on February 01, 2019, 06:25:56 AM
Quote from: cadhlancian on January 31, 2019, 11:53:25 PM
7 player deal 😬😬😬

The Knicks are a particular standard of f**k up but if they've done this without some serious Intel that there getting KD in the summer it's an enormous mistake.

The Knicks have been a basket case since Ewing left.

Boycey

Quote from: J70 on February 03, 2019, 10:30:20 PM
Quote from: gallsman on February 01, 2019, 06:25:56 AM
Quote from: cadhlancian on January 31, 2019, 11:53:25 PM
7 player deal 😬😬😬

The Knicks are a particular standard of f**k up but if they've done this without some serious Intel that there getting KD in the summer it's an enormous mistake.

The Knicks have been a basket case since Ewing left.

Durrant and maybe Zion in the draft and the whole thing changes?

RealSpiritof98

backed the pats at 7/2 at start of play offs, going to go 38-31 pats

Wildweasel74

Maroon 5. Was the booker on drugs?

Capt Pat

3-0 to the Pats at half time. I was expecting a high scoring game.

Wildweasel74

Poor game. I hard to see the LA qb get into it. Somebody book the foo fighters for half time in nxt Yr. That was brutal

Puckoon

Quote from: LooseCannon on February 01, 2019, 04:20:03 PM
I'll be the first to admit that I know feck all about NFL, but I reckon that the Rams will win 32-28.

Can I be the first to agree?  :D

Wildweasel74

Seen very few teams without even a decent QB win the superbowl. Rams got a good team in all areas but QB bit like the Jaguars previously.

omochain

Goff is not a bad QB.. Pats defensive strategy was just superior. Secondary coverage was fabulous.

David McKeown

The most impressive thing for me about the Patriots these last 17 years or whatever is how many different ways they've found to win. Brady and Bellicheck have been something else.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Gmac

Quote from: Gmac on January 31, 2019, 02:46:05 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on January 30, 2019, 05:57:02 PM
Quote from: cadhlancian on January 30, 2019, 04:37:50 PM
Getting close to Sunday ! I honestly think this game will be decided in the trenches by both sets of O lines and D lines. Whoever can get a pass rush and disrupt the QB will win. If Donald and Suh are quiet the Pats will win, Brady will shred them. Not sure if Gurley is 100%, there's definitely something up with him I think. Gilmore will go man to man on Woods and they'll double Cooks, Sonny Michel for MVP.....

I think the vast majority of games are won like that. Especially among evenly matched teams. Brady will try and get rid of the ball quick to stop the pass rush, like he did v the Chargers. If he can do that, it will take away a lot of what the Rams like to do with Donald etc. Gronk could be huge factor again.
rams need to look at what giants twice and eagles did to slow Brady down pressure straight up the middle of the pocket and jam receivers at the line of scrimmage so the timing is off , think we see a lot of running from pats early pass later , haven't seen too much of rams but they need a healthy gurley and Aaron Donald is a beast pats by 10
uf welcome

gallsman

An anticlimactic ending to a shite game, Goodwill getting booed really loudly and Edelman getting MVP. A tad embarrassing for the league.

Worst Superbowl in a long while.