NFL Division 1 2019 Dubs again?

Started by Dire Ear, November 26, 2018, 04:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Any reason why Danny Cummins has fell so out of favour? Was a regular starter for Walsh when he first arrived and now he can't get a start when the likes of M Daly,D Comer,I Burke are out.

Duine Eile

Quote from: Cunny Funt on February 08, 2019, 10:37:53 PM
Any reason why Danny Cummins has fell so out of favour? Was a regular starter for Walsh when he first arrived and now he can't get a start when the likes of M Daly,D Comer,I Burke are out.

His finishing let him down an awful lot, constantly got into good positions but would more often than not fluff his final shot. That said he was injured most of last year and will probably be on the bench Sunday. He came on against the Dubs last Saturday.

Schkite

Monaghan squad for tomorrow:

Rory Beggan
Kieran Duffy
Drew Wylie
Ryan Wylie
Dessie Ward
Barry Kerr
Colin Walshe
Darren Hughes
Neil McAdam
Ryan McAnespie
Dermot Malone
Fintan Kelly
Shane Carey
Jack McCarron
Micheal Bannigan.

Subs:
Shane Garland
Vincent Corey
Dessie Mone
James Mealiff
Owen Duffy
Thomas Kerr
Gavin Doogan
Conor McCarthy
Conor McManus
David Garland
Barry McGinn

Anyone know if Boyle or O'Connell picked up knocks last week? Strange they're not there otherwise.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Schkite on February 09, 2019, 01:47:46 PM

Rory Beggan
Kieran Duffy
Drew Wylie
Ryan Wylie
Dessie Ward
Barry Kerr
Colin Walshe
Darren Hughes
Neil McAdam
Ryan McAnespie
Dermot Malone
Fintan Kelly
Shane Carey
Jack McCarron
Micheal Bannigan.

Subs:
Shane Garland
Vincent Corey
Dessie Mone
James Mealiff
Owen Duffy
Thomas Kerr
Gavin Doogan
Conor McCarthy
Conor McManus
David Garland
Barry McGinn

Anyone know if Boyle or O'Connell picked up knocks last week? Strange they're not there otherwise.

Looking at the match report from last weekend. Boyle was subbed off after 14 mins and O'Connell on 54 mins which would suggest both picked up injuries. Why is Conor McManus a sub for the 3rd game in a row?

seafoid

Irish Times previews

Roscommon v Tyrone Dr Hyde Park [Deferred, TG4] – On available form the home side will fancy themselves here. Last week's win over Monaghan was a tenacious day's work and a creditable follow-up to their competitive opener in Castlebar. Former Kerry player Conor Cox played a big role in the win, including scoring the winner. Tyrone find themselves rooted to the bottom of the table, surprisingly after another good pre-season in the McKenna Cup. Mickey Harte has a solid enough team named – whatever about who takes the field – for what will be a demanding assignment in front of a buzzed-up home support and the instinct is that they will rediscover enough form to take the points here.Verdict: Tyrone

Monaghan v Galway, Inniskeen [Live, TG4] – Two teams with a 50-50 record to date and a fair bit of recent history. The evening Galway's progressive 2018 went off the rails was when Monaghan arrived in Salthill for the last of the All-Ireland quarter-final round robins. The home side's performance was astonishingly poor and it was downhill from there. Against Dublin they flattered to deceive and have now been further reduced by injuries to Cillian McDaid, who was impressive early on last week but now needs surgery on his foot, former All Star nominee Declan Kyne (ankle injury), and full back Seán Andy Ó Ceallaigh (shoulder). At home Monaghan will want to get back on the track that led them to beat Dublin on opening day. Verdict: Monaghan

I thought Galway did not want to get hammered by the Dubs in the
AIF at this stage of their development and left the pleasure to the winners of
Monaghan v Tyrone in the other semi.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Schkite

Quote from: Cunny Funt on February 09, 2019, 02:46:36 PM
Quote from: Schkite on February 09, 2019, 01:47:46 PM

Rory Beggan
Kieran Duffy
Drew Wylie
Ryan Wylie
Dessie Ward
Barry Kerr
Colin Walshe
Darren Hughes
Neil McAdam
Ryan McAnespie
Dermot Malone
Fintan Kelly
Shane Carey
Jack McCarron
Micheal Bannigan.

Subs:
Shane Garland
Vincent Corey
Dessie Mone
James Mealiff
Owen Duffy
Thomas Kerr
Gavin Doogan
Conor McCarthy
Conor McManus
David Garland
Barry McGinn

Looking at the match report from last weekend. Boyle was subbed off after 14 mins and O'Connell on 54 mins which would suggest both picked up injuries. Why is Conor McManus a sub for the 3rd game in a row?

I remember them coming off alright but haven't heard anything since regarding how long they'd be out. Hopefully nothing long term.

On McManus, I've no issues with him playing alot less in the league, starting a few and being used as an impact sub in others. He's an awful lot of football played over the years and we'll have to manage him well if we want him to to keep on going at his usual standard for a few championships yet, he won't do that if he's playing every minute of the league. It also gives more of a chance to the younger forwards to make a claim for a place.

Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up starting this one, Malachy is usually good for a late change or two to the named team. If McManus doesn't start, I'd prefer to see one of McCarthy/McGinn/Garland start and pull McCarron back to the 40. The named forward line is a bit too workmanlike and not enough scorers for my liking.

TheMaster

Kerry will beat the jackeens. Will want to lay down marker for later in year.

clarshack

Maurice Deegan doesn't seem to know that players are only supposed to take 4 steps

Harold Disgracey

A very enjoyable game so far between Kerry and Dublin.

sid waddell

It's high time Gaelic football became a winter sport.

A Saturday night, a full house in a tight stadium, live free to air English language television coverage, and some beers watching a savage game of football.

This is the Premier League of Gaelic football. This is the future.

TheMaster

Kerry will win this easy. Have the window in second half. Stuck 50 on them to win at 4/1 as well as my accumulator. #easymoney

Schkite

Not exactly breaking news but Cluxton is an absolutely huge loss when he's not in the team

GalwayBayBoy

Think it's the quietest game I've ever seen Fenton have.

And as I type he kicks a point in the 66th minute.

manfromdelmonte

Amount of steps lads are allowed take is ridiculous
Also, most players fouling the ball when they go to pick it up
Foot must play the ball first but most lads stick their hands onto the ball at same time as the foot arrives