Islamic Jihadists ISIS

Started by rossiewanderer, August 13, 2014, 07:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gmac

Quote from: omaghjoe on February 14, 2019, 07:01:42 PM
Quote from: Gmac on February 14, 2019, 06:52:55 PM
If she has a passport take it off her and just leave her there that's where she wanted to be , if isis were in control there would she want to leave.

Aye....and the aame goes for themums in the North with Irish passports!
is that a similar situation?

Main Street

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on February 14, 2019, 06:32:48 PM
Quote from: Main Street on February 14, 2019, 06:16:44 PM
Quote from: playwiththewind1st on February 14, 2019, 06:02:28 PM
Ah dear, it's all going tits up & the caliphate is becoming less likely every single day. Could I get a free ticket to come back home? Away & feck off. Mind you, she will get legal aid & a good lawyer, who will uphold her human rights...which look like they include the right to blow up kids after concerts.
Eh what shite is that?

What crime has she committed? where is the evidence to support a charge?

Erm...do you take yourself off to join Islamic State for the flower arranging & basket weaving?
That's not evidence. Maybe in some dingbat state populated with idiots that would be regarded as evidence, "she's guilty because I believe her to be guilty".
Anybody, here on this thread full of islamophobes spouting shite, where is the fcking evidence to support a criminal charge?
Or does evidence matter?

playwiththewind1st

I suppose that it must have been "fake news" that some in their midst have been killing buckloads of people, across several Western nations (usually soft targets)...or have I been dreaming it? Yet it's repeated again & again, with the governments concerned seemingly unable to prevent it, or to stop it. Function number one of any government - protect your citizens.

Main Street

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on February 14, 2019, 09:14:28 PM
I suppose that it must have been "fake news" that some in their midst have been killing buckloads of people, across several Western nations (usually soft targets)...or have I been dreaming it? Yet it's repeated again & again, with the governments concerned seemingly unable to prevent it, or to stop it. Function number one of any government - protect your citizens.
I don't know where in the universe you inhabit but in general a west european court has some basic standards.  Admitedly a uk court has some  very low standards of practice, but even by the UK's low standards, some evidence has to be offered in order to prove a case against a suspect in a so called terror charge,  even if that person is a paltry 15 years old.  Where/what is the evidence to support a charge against this british citizen?

David McKeown

Hardly say the courts have low standards. The bar may not be quite as high as yesterday year but the UK courts system remains a standard bearer looked up to around the world.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

whitey

Just because some of us find her actions reheprehensible doesn't mean she's not entitled to due process. Is there a law or statute she has broken apart from being guilty in the court of public opinion

playwiththewind1st

She will obviously be dealt with, according to due process. A bit more "due process", probably, than those people who got their heads cut off received, while their deaths were being videoed into the bargain.

haranguerer

Quote from: trailer on February 14, 2019, 03:01:09 PM
She's joined ISIS. Joined a terrorist organisation. Just because she's coming back to the UK doesn't mean she has rejected their ideology, if you can call it that.
She must not be trusted. She must be isolated and incarcerated.

;D That'd be a great world you'd live in

LeoMc

Is Britain at war with ISIS?
If there is a declarted war and a citizen/subject to the other side I would assume there are some laws regarding treason.

If there is no declared war she is just a girl who headed off to a dangerous part of the world.

Keyser soze

What about all those soldiers from England who headed off to Syria and Iraq and murdered all around them, should they be allowed to return to the UK?

screenexile

Quote from: Keyser soze on February 15, 2019, 09:29:44 AM
What about all those soldiers from England who headed off to Syria and Iraq and murdered all around them, should they be allowed to return to the UK?

They're private contractors!!  ;) ;)

trailer

Some crazy opinions here. If that girl came back from Syria and blew herself up at a concert your family was at, what would your opinion be then. Just a girl that went to a dangerous part of the world. f**k me, she didn't go to Dublin for the weekend.
She joined a terrorist organisation, who's aim is to wipe out anyone who isn't an ultra strict Muslim.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: trailer on February 15, 2019, 10:02:37 AM
Some crazy opinions here. If that girl came back from Syria and blew herself up at a concert your family was at, what would your opinion be then. Just a girl that went to a dangerous part of the world. f**k me, she didn't go to Dublin for the weekend.
She joined a terrorist organisation, who's aim is to wipe out anyone who isn't an ultra strict Muslim.

Most of the opinions are probably influenced for that exact reason. She's no threat to anyone in Ireland.

UK Home Secretary Sajid Javid isn't even in a tough spot here. She's admitted she doesn't regret going to Syria to join ISIS. Revoke the passport. The alternative is he becomes finished in politics personally and the UK becomes an even bigger laughing stock internationally.

gallsman

Did she? I mean legally, did she join a terrorist organisation? Can you prove it? Define "joined"?

If you can prove it, what are the consequences? Strip her of her passport and citizenship? Is that legal? Don't let her back in? Where does she go when the Syrians don't want her?

So many questions and nuances that people conveniently ignore.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: gallsman on February 15, 2019, 10:23:10 AM
Did she? I mean legally, did she join a terrorist organisation? Can you prove it? Define "joined"?

If you can prove it, what are the consequences? Strip her of her passport and citizenship? Is that legal? Don't let her back in? Where does she go when the Syrians don't want her?

So many questions and nuances that people conveniently ignore.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/feb/14/london-schoolgirl-who-fled-to-join-isis-wants-to-return-to-uk

Direct Quote -

"Mostly it was a normal life in Raqqa, every now and then bombing and stuff," she said. "But when I saw my first severed head in a bin it didn't faze me at all. It was from a captured fighter seized on the battlefield, an enemy of Islam."

Indefensible.