More Dissident-Republican Activity

Started by sammymaguire, November 19, 2009, 06:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haveaharp

Quote from: Maguire01 on December 15, 2013, 01:27:35 PM
Quote from: haveaharp on December 15, 2013, 12:54:05 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 15, 2013, 11:58:32 AM
Quote from: haveaharp on December 14, 2013, 02:48:24 PM
When considering the question has the PSNI changed, just ask yourself would the fleg protests still be rattling on if the protagonists were catholic. I believe it would have been squashed in no time if the shoe was on the other foot.

I'll go back to your original post above, you brought up the topic of fleg protesters on the dissident thread when others were talking about the bomb left in a busy part of town, I said it's a lot better (policing) than what it was, can you agree on that or do you think it's worse?

"Right because the same conditions exist between the two events. Why so defensive about the fleggers?"

What conditions are different now than Omagh? And where in my posts have I been defensive on the fleggers??

You plant a bomb in town to kill people, it wasn't ok 35 years ago it's still not ok now, are you being defensive of people planting bombs in Belfast?

You suggested that flag protests were connected to dissident activity. I contest that as bullshit. On the Omagh issue the conditions are different because the troubles are now as good as over as opposed to the conditions that existed then. Simple enough I would have thought. Let me be very clear on the dissidents, they are idiots that represent no one and I hope every bomb they make goes off in their own clueless faces. Is that clear enough ? But I still hold the view that the PSNI / RUC police the 2 communities differently. They always have.
Eh, the Omagh bomb was post Good Friday Agreement. Not that it could be justified even if it wasn't. Just as Enniskillen, Bloody Friday and countless others can't.

Am aware of the dates, you cannot compare 1998 to present day is my point

Maguire01

Quote from: haveaharp on December 15, 2013, 01:32:15 PM
When considering the question has the PSNI changed, just ask yourself would the fleg protests still be rattling on if the protagonists were catholic. I believe it would have been squashed in no time if the shoe was on the other foot.

I'll go back to your original post above, you brought up the topic of fleg protesters on the dissident thread when others were talking about the bomb left in a busy part of town, I said it's a lot better (policing) than what it was, can you agree on that or do you think it's worse?

"Right because the same conditions exist between the two events. Why so defensive about the fleggers?"

What conditions are different now than Omagh? And where in my posts have I been defensive on the fleggers??

You plant a bomb in town to kill people, it wasn't ok 35 years ago it's still not ok now, are you being defensive of people planting bombs in Belfast?

You suggested that flag protests were connected to dissident activity. I contest that as bullshit. On the Omagh issue the conditions are different because the troubles are now as good as over as opposed to the conditions that existed then. Simple enough I would have thought. Let me be very clear on the dissidents, they are idiots that represent no one and I hope every bomb they make goes off in their own clueless faces. Is that clear enough ? But I still hold the view that the PSNI / RUC police the 2 communities differently. They always have.
Eh, the Omagh bomb was post Good Friday Agreement. Not that it could be justified even if it wasn't. Just as Enniskillen, Bloody Friday and countless others can't.

You definitely can, in terms of justifying a bomb in the middle of a town or city.

haveaharp

Quote from: Maguire01 on December 15, 2013, 02:11:02 PM

You definitely can, in terms of justifying a bomb in the middle of a town or city.

Who was doing that ?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 14, 2013, 03:04:26 PM

The fleg protesters are dying out let them have their last go at it as it's only a matter of time before they will eventually disappear, but as long as as the dissidents continue to given them something to throw up then it will continue

[/quote]

[/quote]

I only quoted the above and i never said they were connected other than dissident activity helps fuel their fires. So I haven't defended them like you said nor have I said there is a connection between them. Being aware of the dates, 98 and now what has drastically changed since then?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Maguire01

Quote from: haveaharp on December 15, 2013, 02:22:31 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on December 15, 2013, 02:11:02 PM

Who was doing that ?
You're arguing that the conditions are different. What does that mean?

haveaharp

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 15, 2013, 02:37:50 PM

The fleg protesters are dying out let them have their last go at it as it's only a matter of time before they will eventually disappear, but as long as as the dissidents continue to given them something to throw up then it will continue

[/quote]

I only quoted the above and i never said they were connected other than dissident activity helps fuel their fires. So I haven't defended them like you said nor have I said there is a connection between them. Being aware of the dates, 98 and now what has drastically changed since then?
[/quote]

Quite simply time. In 98 you had a population the majority of which knew nothing other than the troubles. Now people have had the time so see what the benefits of a relative peace are, plus there was an economic boom in the meantime. The result being that a good number (thankfully) have no desire to go back to the bad old days. Hence my comment about different conditions, perhaps attitudes would have been a better way of putting it. Hope this answers your and Maguires question.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: haveaharp on December 15, 2013, 04:05:01 PM

[/quote]

Quite simply time. In 98 you had a population the majority of which knew nothing other than the troubles. Now people have had the time so see what the benefits of a relative peace are, plus there was an economic boom in the meantime. The result being that a good number (thankfully) have no desire to go back to the bad old days. Hence my comment about different conditions, perhaps attitudes would have been a better way of putting it. Hope this answers your and Maguires question.
[/quote]

Apart from the economic boom as we've been in a reccession for a few years
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

haveaharp

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 15, 2013, 04:15:16 PM
Quote from: haveaharp on December 15, 2013, 04:05:01 PM

[/quote]

Apart from the economic boom as we've been in a reccession for a few years
[/quote]

What recession? ;)

Myles Na G.

Quote from: haveaharp on December 15, 2013, 11:26:05 AM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on December 14, 2013, 11:42:41 PM
Quote from: haveaharp on December 14, 2013, 03:38:40 PM

Ok would you prefer the way it was, or can you actually remember it? Not what you heard from someone or read in a book. Living in those times was horrible looking back. The thing is if you've done nothing you've nothing to worry about the police won't bother you, if you're an activist then everything is fair game surely, that's what you've signed up for, collusion doesn't have to be or has been on one side, plenty of murders happened through pillow talk, turned cops and other types. It was a dirty war all round.

But hey lets have another Omagh sure, on to a winner with bombing shoppers, kids women and if you manage to get one cop it will be all worth it.

Do I remember it ? Born in early 70's so yeah I saw plenty. There were plenty that had done nothing and were given plenty to worry about by the police. As for Omagh etc - what a disgusting comment, who in their right mind would want a repeat of that. The flag protestors are the most bitter entrenched uneducated shower of shit, their reasons for being on the streets is the sum total of feck all to do with dissidents.
Born early 70s, so you missed the worst years of the troubles (the early 70s), you were under 10 at the time of the hunger strikes, you were in your late teens in the run up to the ceasefires. Yep, you saw plenty.  :)

Glad you can be so smug about seeing a man blown to smithereens in front of your eyes and the aftermath on the pavement. Yeah apologies for not being around earlier.
Thought you were sounding like Billy Big Bollix ('so yeah, I saw plenty'), hence my post.

haveaharp

Quote from: Myles Na G. on December 15, 2013, 06:57:29 PM
Quote from: haveaharp on December 15, 2013, 11:26:05 AM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on December 14, 2013, 11:42:41 PM
Quote from: haveaharp on December 14, 2013, 03:38:40 PM

Ok would you prefer the way it was, or can you actually remember it? Not what you heard from someone or read in a book. Living in those times was horrible looking back. The thing is if you've done nothing you've nothing to worry about the police won't bother you, if you're an activist then everything is fair game surely, that's what you've signed up for, collusion doesn't have to be or has been on one side, plenty of murders happened through pillow talk, turned cops and other types. It was a dirty war all round.

But hey lets have another Omagh sure, on to a winner with bombing shoppers, kids women and if you manage to get one cop it will be all worth it.

Do I remember it ? Born in early 70's so yeah I saw plenty. There were plenty that had done nothing and were given plenty to worry about by the police. As for Omagh etc - what a disgusting comment, who in their right mind would want a repeat of that. The flag protestors are the most bitter entrenched uneducated shower of shit, their reasons for being on the streets is the sum total of feck all to do with dissidents.
Born early 70s, so you missed the worst years of the troubles (the early 70s), you were under 10 at the time of the hunger strikes, you were in your late teens in the run up to the ceasefires. Yep, you saw plenty.  :)

Glad you can be so smug about seeing a man blown to smithereens in front of your eyes and the aftermath on the pavement. Yeah apologies for not being around earlier.
Thought you were sounding like Billy Big Bollix ('so yeah, I saw plenty'), hence my post.

Who ?

Rossfan

. On the Omagh issue the conditions are different because the troubles are now as good as over as opposed to the conditions that existed then. Simple enough I would have thought.
Omagh took place AFTER the GFA was agreed/signed and voted to be accepted by the vast majority of the people of ALL Ireland.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

omagh_gael

Some genius set himself on fire trying to plant an incendiary device in Belfast city centre. Dicks.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: omagh_gael on December 17, 2013, 01:09:10 AM
Some genius set himself on fire trying to plant an incendiary device in Belfast city centre. Dicks.

Hope hes in agony!!

NAG1

surely this will be on CCTV if it is in Cornmarket

OakleafCounty

Quote from: omagh_gael on December 17, 2013, 01:09:10 AM

Hope his burns are serious enough to help him him get caught.