More Dissident-Republican Activity

Started by sammymaguire, November 19, 2009, 06:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

There were something like 600 arrests and a lot of young "loyalists" have now criminal records on the back of the protests. If the police had waded in there would have been deaths. They're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

The only thing i would like to see now is a few more arrests for incitement of hatred as there is plenty of it from a very small minority.

AFS

Quote from: Kidder81 on December 14, 2013, 02:34:40 PM
I am not talking about killing them, they give loyalists and the UVF in particular free reign, that's what pisses me off.

Just replace 'loyalist' and 'UVF' with 'republican' and 'IRA', and that post would be hoovering up the likes on any of the very best PUL facebook pages.

Different and the same.

haveaharp

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 14, 2013, 03:04:26 PM
Quote from: haveaharp on December 14, 2013, 02:48:24 PM
When considering the question has the PSNI changed, just ask yourself would the fleg protests still be rattling on if the protagonists were catholic. I believe it would have been squashed in no time if the shoe was on the other foot.

Ok would you prefer the way it was, or can you actually remember it? Not what you heard from someone or read in a book. Living in those times was horrible looking back. The thing is if you've done nothing you've nothing to worry about the police won't bother you, if you're an activist then everything is fair game surely, that's what you've signed up for, collusion doesn't have to be or has been on one side, plenty of murders happened through pillow talk, turned cops and other types. It was a dirty war all round.

But hey lets have another Omagh sure, on to a winner with bombing shoppers, kids women and if you manage to get one cop it will be all worth it.

The fleg protesters are dying out let them have their last go at it as it's only a matter of time before they will eventually disappear, but as long as as the dissidents continue to given them something to throw up then it will continue

Do I remember it ? Born in early 70's so yeah I saw plenty. There were plenty that had done nothing and were given plenty to worry about by the police. As for Omagh etc - what a disgusting comment, who in their right mind would want a repeat of that. The flag protestors are the most bitter entrenched uneducated shower of shit, their reasons for being on the streets is the sum total of feck all to do with dissidents.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: haveaharp on December 14, 2013, 03:38:40 PM
When considering the question has the PSNI changed, just ask yourself would the fleg protests still be rattling on if the protagonists were catholic. I believe it would have been squashed in no time if the shoe was on the other foot.

Ok would you prefer the way it was, or can you actually remember it? Not what you heard from someone or read in a book. Living in those times was horrible looking back. The thing is if you've done nothing you've nothing to worry about the police won't bother you, if you're an activist then everything is fair game surely, that's what you've signed up for, collusion doesn't have to be or has been on one side, plenty of murders happened through pillow talk, turned cops and other types. It was a dirty war all round.

But hey lets have another Omagh sure, on to a winner with bombing shoppers, kids women and if you manage to get one cop it will be all worth it.

The fleg protesters are dying out let them have their last go at it as it's only a matter of time before they will eventually disappear, but as long as as the dissidents continue to given them something to throw up then it will continue

Do I remember it ? Born in early 70's so yeah I saw plenty. There were plenty that had done nothing and were given plenty to worry about by the police. As for Omagh etc - what a disgusting comment, who in their right mind would want a repeat of that. The flag protestors are the most bitter entrenched uneducated shower of shit, their reasons for being on the streets is the sum total of feck all to do with dissidents.

Omagh=dissdents. No one died during the fleg protests as far as I'm aware. Planting a bomb in the middle of Belfast during the xmas period is trying to have another Omagh = the bit in bold
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

You've brought the fleg protesters into this debate, as for who in their right mind would want another Omagh?? the same people who planted a bomb in Belfast last night.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

haveaharp

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 14, 2013, 03:52:19 PM

You've brought the fleg protesters into this debate, as for who in their right mind would want another Omagh?? the same people who planted a bomb in Belfast last night.

Right because the same conditions exist between the two events. Why so defensive about the fleggers?

Myles Na G.

Born early 70s, so you missed the worst years of the troubles (the early 70s), you were under 10 at the time of the hunger strikes, you were in your late teens in the run up to the ceasefires. Yep, you saw plenty.  :)

armaghniac

QuoteBorn early 70s, so you missed the worst years of the troubles (the early 70s), you were under 10 at the time of the hunger strikes, you were in your late teens in the run up to the ceasefires. Yep, you saw plenty

There was a section amount of action in the second half too.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

haveaharp

Quote from: Myles Na G. on December 14, 2013, 11:42:41 PM

Born early 70s, so you missed the worst years of the troubles (the early 70s), you were under 10 at the time of the hunger strikes, you were in your late teens in the run up to the ceasefires. Yep, you saw plenty.  :)

Glad you can be so smug about seeing a man blown to smithereens in front of your eyes and the aftermath on the pavement. Yeah apologies for not being around earlier.

Milltown Row2

I'll go back to your original post above, you brought up the topic of fleg protesters on the dissident thread when others were talking about the bomb left in a busy part of town, I said it's a lot better (policing) than what it was, can you agree on that or do you think it's worse?

"Right because the same conditions exist between the two events. Why so defensive about the fleggers?"

What conditions are different now than Omagh? And where in my posts have I been defensive on the fleggers??

You plant a bomb in town to kill people, it wasn't ok 35 years ago it's still not ok now, are you being defensive of people planting bombs in Belfast?

muppet

One the one hand you have the fleggers trying desperately to start riots, public disorder or anything at all to impose their will on everyone else.

One the other you now have this blatant attempt to start a 'war'.

It actually makes the fleggers look reasonable, which is quite an achievement.

MWWSI 2017

Milltown Row2

Quote from: muppet on December 15, 2013, 12:07:20 PM
One the one hand you have the fleggers trying desperately to start riots, public disorder or anything at all to impose their will on everyone else.

This isn't directed at you muppet

I can deal with riots in Loyalist areas yes sometimes it spills over into Catholic areas and the police should behave a lot better, but if they want to burn down their own shops and cars in their own area whats the problem? This place will always have ones who for their own reasons won't accept change, so get your vote out and make it happen.

Don't be blowing up people in Belfast or any other town for that matter. Most people have moved on

Kidder81

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 15, 2013, 12:15:41 PM
Quote from: muppet on December 15, 2013, 12:07:20 PM

This isn't directed at you muppet

I can deal with riots in Loyalist areas yes sometimes it spills over into Catholic areas and the police should behave a lot better, but if they want to burn down their own shops and cars in their own area whats the problem? This place will always have ones who for their own reasons won't accept change, so get your vote out and make it happen.

Don't be blowing up people in Belfast or any other town for that matter. Most people have moved on

Because it isn't their own cars and shops they are burning down. So as long as they keep it in their own areas let them tear away ?

haveaharp

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 15, 2013, 11:58:32 AM

I'll go back to your original post above, you brought up the topic of fleg protesters on the dissident thread when others were talking about the bomb left in a busy part of town, I said it's a lot better (policing) than what it was, can you agree on that or do you think it's worse?

"Right because the same conditions exist between the two events. Why so defensive about the fleggers?"

What conditions are different now than Omagh? And where in my posts have I been defensive on the fleggers??

You plant a bomb in town to kill people, it wasn't ok 35 years ago it's still not ok now, are you being defensive of people planting bombs in Belfast?

You suggested that flag protests were connected to dissident activity. I contest that as bullshit. On the Omagh issue the conditions are different because the troubles are now as good as over as opposed to the conditions that existed then. Simple enough I would have thought. Let me be very clear on the dissidents, they are idiots that represent no one and I hope every bomb they make goes off in their own clueless faces. Is that clear enough ? But I still hold the view that the PSNI / RUC police the 2 communities differently. They always have.

Maguire01

Quote from: haveaharp on December 15, 2013, 12:54:05 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 15, 2013, 11:58:32 AM

You suggested that flag protests were connected to dissident activity. I contest that as bullshit. On the Omagh issue the conditions are different because the troubles are now as good as over as opposed to the conditions that existed then. Simple enough I would have thought. Let me be very clear on the dissidents, they are idiots that represent no one and I hope every bomb they make goes off in their own clueless faces. Is that clear enough ? But I still hold the view that the PSNI / RUC police the 2 communities differently. They always have.
Eh, the Omagh bomb was post Good Friday Agreement. Not that it could be justified even if it wasn't. Just as Enniskillen, Bloody Friday and countless others can't.