More Dissident-Republican Activity

Started by sammymaguire, November 19, 2009, 06:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Far too many completely inocent people were deemed guilty by association.

Some were guilty by association with alleged known republicans.

Others were deemed guilty and paid a heavy price simply by being associated by membership of organisations like the GAA.

Crazy logic.

charlieTully

Quote from: Evil Genius on December 04, 2012, 12:16:11 AM
Quote from: Nally Stand on December 03, 2012, 10:09:53 AM
Anyone who comes onto a GAA related website, when they have zero interest in GAA...
What makes you think I have "zero interest" in GAA?

Quote from: Nally Stand on December 03, 2012, 10:09:53 AM... and where they know most posters on the board will likely be of a nationalist opinion, and chooses this:

as their avatar....well... it tells you all you need to know about how such a person gets their kicks and about their pitiful need for attention.
I thought the whole point of an Avatar was to draw attention to the Poster, and give some clue to his/her identity etc?

As such, I thought my choice was unique, distinctive and effective.

Of course, it seems that some people get offended by it, but hey, I can't help it if people choose to be tw ats...

Quote from: Nally Stand on December 03, 2012, 10:09:53 AMJim, while I accept the irony of this post giving him his fix of attention, I'd suggest that EG is best ignored.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZQbe4PlnPg

i propose a motion your avatar is only allowed on designated days. ;)

Rossfan

Every time the IFA's soccer team win a match perhaps?  ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ludermor

Quote from: fitzroyalty on December 04, 2012, 09:10:18 AM
EG uses this forum as a mechanism. SOLELY for SF/republican bashing, which is all well and good, his right etc. I would however support Jim Stynes' assertion that said poster has little to be at, considering the average Gaaboarder will have only a passing interest in politics (bar a very small minority); and there are various other politic forums where he could actually engage with more like-minded people, and perhaps get his 'money's worth' of political debate.
FFS there are plenty who uses the forum for the exact opposite cause!

Rossfan

According to the RTE news this evening a "Dissident group" are suspected of killing the gangland figure Eamon Kelly in  Dublin.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Oraisteach

I posted this earlier, but no need to say much more, EG, since you persist in your morally untenable position, except that this time you've applied a little rouge and mascara to it to make it more presentable.  Nonetheless it's still a skanky view.
"To defend the rule of law means that it much be applied to all, not just offenders that you like.  In other words, even accused rapists, murderers, drug-runners, etc. need to be accorded due process.  Such is the essence of a free and civil society.  To be comfortable when the state scoffs at the rule of law in particular circumstances is, by definition, not to have the highest respect for the rule of law.  It is instead to sanction a police state, a disappointing view coming from a unionist moderate like yourself.  If you hold this view, what can the rest of us expect from hard-liners?"

I just don't understand how you can oppose the death penalty and at the same time take delight in what was done to Pat Finucane.  I, too, oppose capital punishment, but at least in most death penalty cases the accused gets to have his or her day in court, is permitted to confront his accuser, is allowed to hear the evidence presented against him, has counsel to defend him and is judged by a panel of his peers.  Pat Finucane, whatever you think of him, was simply executed.  I sincerely hope that agents of the state don't someday believe that a relative of yours is a social undesirable and terminate him callously while self-righteous people like yourself stand gleefully by applauding, raising no voice of protest.

You can wheel out all the laudable sentiments you like at the start of your post, but you can't then simply do a moral U-turn and expect to be taken seriously.  You may not be a bigot, EG, but you're undoubtedly a hypocrite.

Tubberman

Not much discussion on the suspected murder of criminal/drug dealer Eamonn Kelly by the dissidents.
Apparently he refused to pay them "protection" money which led to a stand off, and he was also suspected of having some level of involvement in the murder of fellow sc**bag Alan Ryan.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Ulick

Maybe Eamon Gilmore will make a statement during his budget speech lamenting the tragic passing of one of his best Finance Officers.

Tubberman

Quote from: Ulick on December 05, 2012, 10:32:49 AM
Maybe Eamon Gilmore will make a statement during his budget speech lamenting the tragic passing of one of his best Finance Officers.

Very good :)

Applesisapples

Lads this is a discussion board, with a general section. Surely if we wish to discuss politics here rather than being members of multiple boards, and we can fin like minded people on here, then that is acceptable. Anyone with no interest in the topic can ignore it as Ido with many. Or am I missing a rule some where? It really is stupid for someone to get in to a discussion and then declare that it is of no interest or shouldn't be here. If you've no interest then avoid the topic? No?

Tubberman

Quote from: Applesisapples on December 05, 2012, 11:59:03 AM
Lads this is a discussion board, with a general section. Surely if we wish to discuss politics here rather than being members of multiple boards, and we can fin like minded people on here, then that is acceptable. Anyone with no interest in the topic can ignore it as Ido with many. Or am I missing a rule some where? It really is stupid for someone to get in to a discussion and then declare that it is of no interest or shouldn't be here. If you've no interest then avoid the topic? No?

Meant to be in SF thread?

stibhan

Quote from: Evil Genius on December 04, 2012, 12:40:38 AM
Quote from: Nally Stand on December 03, 2012, 10:30:28 AMThere are numerous unionists on here, but the others are mostly capable of a civilized conversation and don't use 'in your face' avatars hoping to stir up shite.
Does my 'in your face' [sic] avatar really stir you up?  ;)

Quote from: Nally Stand on December 03, 2012, 10:30:28 AMEG is a bigot. His comments on Pat Finucane are testament to that.
For those who aren't familiar with what I've posted on Finucane, here is a reprise.

His murder was wrong and totally unjustifiable.

I would like to see all of those involved tried, convicted and given life sentences (I don't agree with the Death Penalty).

Anyone who knows anything about his murder should be duty-bound to inform the proper authorities. And if I had somehow learned of his murder in advance, I would have made it known, so as to try to prevent it.

However, now that it has happened, I can find no sympathy for the man himself, since I believe him to have been the IRA's "in-house solicitor".

Now people may think this last comment shocking - so be it - but I would say exactly the same about eg the murder of Billy Wright.

For my distaste for Finucane stems not from the fact that he was a Nationalist or a Catholic etc, but rather from his terrorist associations.

So if my contempt for terrorists makes me a "bigot" [sic], then so be it.

P.S. I guess I'm also a "bigot" for despising eg child molesters, drug dealers and badger baiters etc

The report states that Finucane wasn't in the IRA and Cameron has now specifically said that there is no comparison with Wright and Finucane, who also represented loyalists in court. Can you now withdraw your comments as they are slanderous.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: stibhan on December 12, 2012, 01:24:35 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on December 03, 2012, 10:30:28 AMThere are numerous unionists on here, but the others are mostly capable of a civilized conversation and don't use 'in your face' avatars hoping to stir up shite.

Quote from: Nally Stand on December 03, 2012, 10:30:28 AMEG is a bigot. His comments on Pat Finucane are testament to that.
For those who aren't familiar with what I've posted on Finucane, here is a reprise.

I would like to see all of those involved tried, convicted and given life sentences (I don't agree with the Death Penalty).

Anyone who knows anything about his murder should be duty-bound to inform the proper authorities. And if I had somehow learned of his murder in advance, I would have made it known, so as to try to prevent it.

However, now that it has happened, I can find no sympathy for the man himself, since I believe him to have been the IRA's "in-house solicitor".

Now people may think this last comment shocking - so be it - but I would say exactly the same about eg the murder of Billy Wright.

For my distaste for Finucane stems not from the fact that he was a Nationalist or a Catholic etc, but rather from his terrorist associations.

P.S. I guess I'm also a "bigot" for despising eg child molesters, drug dealers and badger baiters etc

The report states that Finucane wasn't in the IRA and Cameron has now specifically said that there is no comparison with Wright and Finucane, who also represented loyalists in court. Can you now withdraw your comments as they are slanderous.

He posted that he thought Pat Finucane was the IRA's in house solicitor, I don't think in this post he has said that Pat was in the Ra.

I heard some more news on this subject today, terrible for the family, how they can't have the information that they already know, put out on record. What's posters views on a truth commission?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Nally Stand

Not to mention Myles Na G:

Quote from: Myles Na G. on October 12, 2011, 08:35:49 PM
He was an IRA man, he got shot, get over it.

Quote from: Myles Na G. on October 12, 2011, 10:55:22 PM
PF, like his brothers, was an active member of the IRA....
I repeat, he was in the IRA, he got shot, get over it.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

stibhan

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 12, 2012, 04:16:14 PM
Quote from: stibhan on December 12, 2012, 01:24:35 PM

He posted that he thought Pat Finucane was the IRA's in house solicitor, I don't think in this post he has said that Pat was in the Ra.

What is the difference?