More Dissident-Republican Activity

Started by sammymaguire, November 19, 2009, 06:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: Evil Genius on December 02, 2012, 08:17:32 PM
I have, and you are quite correct - I should have cited "Agent Orange".

My apologies.  :-[

Apology accepted.

Nally Stand

Anyone who comes onto a GAA related website, when they have zero interest in GAA and where they know most posters on the board will likely be of a nationalist opinion, and chooses this:

as their avatar....well... it tells you all you need to know about how such a person gets their kicks and about their pitiful need for attention.

Jim, while I accept the irony of this post giving him his fix of attention, I'd suggest that EG is best ignored.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

screenexile

I don't see the problem with EG posting on here. What would be the point of everyone going "Oh we want a United Ireland" then "Me too" and then "me three".

He gives a valid Unionist opinion and to be fair that is what we are up against. Should a United Ireland come to fruition are we just going to ignore all the concerns of the Unionist people? Then we are just as bad as they were before Civil Rights. While I'm no big fan of Unionism his points are generally measured and keep some of the more 'hard line' Republicans on here in check!

Nally Stand

Quote from: screenexile on December 03, 2012, 10:28:02 AM
I don't see the problem with EG posting on here. What would be the point of everyone going "Oh we want a United Ireland" then "Me too" and then "me three".

He gives a valid Unionist opinion and to be fair that is what we are up against. Should a United Ireland come to fruition are we just going to ignore all the concerns of the Unionist people? Then we are just as bad as they were before Civil Rights. While I'm no big fan of Unionism his points are generally measured and keep some of the more 'hard line' Republicans on here in check!

There are numerous unionists on here, but the others are mostly capable of a civilized conversation and don't use 'in your face' avatars hoping to stir up shite. EG is a bigot. His comments on Pat Finucane are testament to that.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Applesisapples

nally appears to have severe problems with any poster who doesn't subscribe to his views. I don't agree with EG's views and he is quite provocative but I defend his freedom of speech.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Applesisapples on December 03, 2012, 12:06:34 PM
nally appears to have severe problems with any poster who doesn't subscribe to his views. I don't agree with EG's views and he is quite provocative but I defend his freedom of speech.

Read the first few lines of my last post. There are numerous unionists on this board. EG is the only one I have a problem with.

Clown.

Denn Forever

From Webster's dictioary

Definition of BIGOT
: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

You could label a lot of Posters here as Bigots based on the first part of that definition
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Applesisapples

Quote from: Nally Stand on December 03, 2012, 12:08:17 PM

Read the first few lines of my last post. There are numerous unionists on this board. EG is the only one I have a problem with.

Clown.
Ahh yes another Nally trait personal abuse, very mature.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Nally Stand on December 03, 2012, 12:08:17 PM

Clown.
Aahh another Nally trait...personal abuse.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Applesisapples on December 03, 2012, 01:34:27 PM
Ahh yes another Nally trait personal abuse, very mature.

Quote from: Applesisapples on December 03, 2012, 01:41:19 PM
Aahh another Nally trait...personal abuse.

I heard you the first time  ;)

Evil Genius

Quote from: Nally Stand on December 03, 2012, 10:09:53 AM
Anyone who comes onto a GAA related website, when they have zero interest in GAA...
What makes you think I have "zero interest" in GAA?

Quote from: Nally Stand on December 03, 2012, 10:09:53 AM... and where they know most posters on the board will likely be of a nationalist opinion, and chooses this:

as their avatar....well... it tells you all you need to know about how such a person gets their kicks and about their pitiful need for attention.
I thought the whole point of an Avatar was to draw attention to the Poster, and give some clue to his/her identity etc?

As such, I thought my choice was unique, distinctive and effective.

Of course, it seems that some people get offended by it, but hey, I can't help it if people choose to be tw ats...

Quote from: Nally Stand on December 03, 2012, 10:09:53 AMJim, while I accept the irony of this post giving him his fix of attention, I'd suggest that EG is best ignored.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZQbe4PlnPg
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Evil Genius

Quote from: Nally Stand on December 03, 2012, 10:30:28 AMThere are numerous unionists on here, but the others are mostly capable of a civilized conversation and don't use 'in your face' avatars hoping to stir up shite.
Does my 'in your face' [sic] avatar really stir you up?  ;)

Quote from: Nally Stand on December 03, 2012, 10:30:28 AMEG is a bigot. His comments on Pat Finucane are testament to that.
For those who aren't familiar with what I've posted on Finucane, here is a reprise.

His murder was wrong and totally unjustifiable.

I would like to see all of those involved tried, convicted and given life sentences (I don't agree with the Death Penalty).

Anyone who knows anything about his murder should be duty-bound to inform the proper authorities. And if I had somehow learned of his murder in advance, I would have made it known, so as to try to prevent it.

However, now that it has happened, I can find no sympathy for the man himself, since I believe him to have been the IRA's "in-house solicitor".

Now people may think this last comment shocking - so be it - but I would say exactly the same about eg the murder of Billy Wright.

For my distaste for Finucane stems not from the fact that he was a Nationalist or a Catholic etc, but rather from his terrorist associations.

So if my contempt for terrorists makes me a "bigot" [sic], then so be it.

P.S. I guess I'm also a "bigot" for despising eg child molesters, drug dealers and badger baiters etc
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Agent Orange

EG, are Republicans not entitled to legal representation?

theskull1

The biggest terrorist in the UK over the past 30 years was a British PM. Where would your sympathies lie if he ended up being assassinated?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

fitzroyalty

EG uses this forum as a mechanism. SOLELY for SF/republican bashing, which is all well and good, his right etc. I would however support Jim Stynes' assertion that said poster has little to be at, considering the average Gaaboarder will have only a passing interest in politics (bar a very small minority); and there are various other politic forums where he could actually engage with more like-minded people, and perhaps get his 'money's worth' of political debate.