Quote from: Maguire01 on November 13, 2012, 08:51:51 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on November 13, 2012, 08:47:44 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on November 13, 2012, 08:39:58 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on November 13, 2012, 08:33:38 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on November 13, 2012, 08:28:01 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on November 13, 2012, 08:26:46 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on November 13, 2012, 08:22:19 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on November 13, 2012, 08:36:50 AM
Sinn Fein voted against opening a book of condolence in Dungannon council for David Black.
Yes, it seems that this act - would you call it "unchristian"? - is being ignored.

ah so it was all about a 32 county christian republic.
See the quotation marks? Read back over the last few pages.

yes and your point is?
If opposing someone's attendance at a funeral is considered "unchristian", then surely opposing a book of condolences must also be considered "unchristian".

i have no recollection of ever reading about Christianty in  SF manifesto, it should never have been bought up in the thread about unchristian acts etc for the family not wanting SF there. it was political. but it time to park the bus on this topic now imo.
Bye then.

slan.

LeoMc

Sinn Fein voted against opening a book of condolence in Dungannon council for David Black.
Yes, it seems that this act - would you call it "unchristian"? - is being ignored.

I commented on it yesterday but my post was removed. Not sure why.

glens abu

Quote from: LeoMc on November 14, 2012, 08:43:51 AM

Sinn Fein voted against it as the council had a policy to only open a book of condolence for a person who had died and was from the council area.

Saffrongael

Quote from: glens abu on November 14, 2012, 08:57:53 AM

Sinn Fein voted against it as the council had a policy to only open a book of condolence for a person who had died and was from the council area.

Yes they have always been sticklers for procedure. Do they seriously expect people to believe this shit ?
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

glens abu

Quote from: Saffrongael on November 14, 2012, 10:21:49 AM
Quote from: glens abu on November 14, 2012, 08:57:53 AM

Yes they have always been sticklers for procedure. Do they seriously expect people to believe this shit ?

We will see at the next election. ;)

Applesisapples

Quote from: Olaf on November 13, 2012, 07:34:52 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on November 13, 2012, 04:48:40 PM
I think it is unfair to label the Blacks as bigots. They lost a father and a husband. But the point I keep making is that their refusal of the hand of friendship from SF is indicative of the position that many unionists are in. Nothing has changed, this is a unionist state, part of the UK etc. And whilst many nationalists are ambivalent at best on the Union, they do want respect for for their Irish identity and symbols. A respect that is denied by Unionists/Loyalists and their polititicans daily. Whilst the Blacks position is understandable by snubbing Martin McGuinness they are snubbing the leader of nationalism. And whilst I have no specfic evidence that the Black family have had interaction with loyalist paramilitary elements, there are ample examples of DUP/UUP/OO interaction with them and an exceptance even of a private visit would have signified to the mindless morons who shot Mr Black that the community as a whole is moving on. But I accept again, easy for me to say.

It certainly is very very  easy  for you to say that , all too easy.  Why are you referring to your absence of specific  evidence regarding the Black family interacting with loyalist paramilitaries ? In fact why refer to that  at all in your post if it is inconsequential and of no value?? ?
The general point I am making is that Unionist still have double standards when it comes to who are the good guys and who are the bad.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Saffrongael on November 13, 2012, 06:40:45 PM
I think it is unfair to label the Blacks as bigots. They lost a father and a husband. But the point I keep making is that their refusal of the hand of friendship from SF is indicative of the position that many unionists are in. Nothing has changed, this is a unionist state, part of the UK etc. And whilst many nationalists are ambivalent at best on the Union, they do want respect for for their Irish identity and symbols. A respect that is denied by Unionists/Loyalists and their polititicans daily. Whilst the Blacks position is understandable by snubbing Martin McGuinness they are snubbing the leader of nationalism. And whilst I have no specfic evidence that the Black family have had interaction with loyalist paramilitary elements, there are ample examples of DUP/UUP/OO interaction with them and an exceptance even of a private visit would have signified to the mindless morons who shot Mr Black that the community as a whole is moving on. But I accept again, easy for me to say.

What hand of friendship did the Sinn Fein councillors in Dungannon extend to the Black family ?
Look I'm not a shinner and wouldn't agree with their objection, but I note the SF Mayor was first to sign.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Maguire01 on November 13, 2012, 08:41:08 PM
You honestly believe that it would make a blind bit of difference in this regard?
No but it would to ordinary decent nationalists.

Maguire01

Quote from: Applesisapples on November 14, 2012, 04:10:44 PM

What hand of friendship did the Sinn Fein councillors in Dungannon extend to the Black family ?
Look I'm not a shinner and wouldn't agree with their objection, but I note the SF Mayor was first to sign.
First to sign what?

Applesisapples

Quote from: Maguire01 on November 14, 2012, 06:05:39 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on November 14, 2012, 04:10:44 PM

First to sign what?
The BOC

Evil Genius

Quote from: Ulick on November 02, 2012, 09:35:16 AM
Killing a screw is obviously directly related to the ongoing protest in Maghaberry. An agreement reached two years ago still has not been implemented despite a number of legal and legitimate protests. Was only a matter of time before it stepped up another level.
Hmmm.

For one who presents himself as so informed on this issue, has been active in the last couple of hours, and is normally prompt in keeping us updated etc, it seems Donagh Ulick has been oblivious to this particular development (below). I wonder why?

Prisoners in Roe House at Maghaberry end dirty protest

Republican sources and the prison service have said no deal was done to end a dirty protest by some dissident republican prisoners.
Twenty-two inmates aligned to a group calling itself the IRA ended their protest over the routine use of strip searching at Maghaberry Prison.
Earlier this month, the group murdered prison officer David Black.
Members of other dissident groups in Maghaberry were not consulted about the move and remain on protest.

(Read more at: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-20422820 )

And this latest development reveals some more interesting aspects of the issue, which seem to have eluded Donagh Ulick, too, somehow.

"The prisoners claim that the prison authorities reneged on an agreement brokered in August 2010 to end a policy of routine full body searches, replacing it with electronic scanners.
The prisoners claim the deal was that they would be searched using a BOSS chair - a Body Orifice Security Scanner.
Prison authorities said the agreement was for internal movement within the prison only, not when prisoners left and re-entered their wings for domestic and legal visits or trips to court."

Therefore the issue was not so "black and white" as these Prisoners and their mouthpieces claim.

Further, the Prison Officers did NOT simply refuse to consider using these BOSS machines outright. Rather, since this is quite clearly a matter of life and death for them, they require to be convinced not just that the machines were effective, but ALSO that full testing and training in their use be undertaken BEFORE they were routinely deployed throughout NI, including for the most dangerous criminals in the system.

Which explains the reference by David Forde to: "... two [pilot test trials] which are running at Magilligan and Hydebank Wood."

Anyhow, maybe some day they'll invent a machine capable of detecting where exactly some of the posters on this forum are hiding their integrity and respect for the truth....  ::)

"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

GAA_Talk

Quote from: Evil Genius on November 23, 2012, 12:34:31 AM
Killing a screw is obviously directly related to the ongoing protest in Maghaberry. An agreement reached two years ago still has not been implemented despite a number of legal and legitimate protests. Was only a matter of time before it stepped up another level.
Hmmm.

For one who presents himself as so informed on this issue, has been active in the last couple of hours, and is normally prompt in keeping us updated etc, it seems Donagh Ulick has been oblivious to this particular development (below). I wonder why?

Republican sources and the prison service have said no deal was done to end a dirty protest by some dissident republican prisoners.
Twenty-two inmates aligned to a group calling itself the IRA ended their protest over the routine use of strip searching at Maghaberry Prison.
Members of other dissident groups in Maghaberry were not consulted about the move and remain on protest.

And this latest development reveals some more interesting aspects of the issue, which seem to have eluded Donagh Ulick, too, somehow.

"The prisoners claim that the prison authorities reneged on an agreement brokered in August 2010 to end a policy of routine full body searches, replacing it with electronic scanners.
The prisoners claim the deal was that they would be searched using a BOSS chair - a Body Orifice Security Scanner.
Prison authorities said the agreement was for internal movement within the prison only, not when prisoners left and re-entered their wings for domestic and legal visits or trips to court."

Therefore the issue was not so "black and white" as these Prisoners and their mouthpieces claim.

Further, the Prison Officers did NOT simply refuse to consider using these BOSS machines outright. Rather, since this is quite clearly a matter of life and death for them, they require to be convinced not just that the machines were effective, but ALSO that full testing and training in their use be undertaken BEFORE they were routinely deployed throughout NI, including for the most dangerous criminals in the system.

Which explains the reference by David Forde to: "... two [pilot test trials] which are running at Magilligan and Hydebank Wood."

Anyhow, maybe some day they'll invent a machine capable of detecting where exactly some of the posters on this forum are hiding their integrity and respect for the truth....  ::)

That's actually quite witty. Well played.

charlieTully

Quote from: GAA_Talk on November 23, 2012, 03:28:29 AM
Hmmm.

are you for real? well played, to this ****, Jesus wept, have you actually read some of the shit this man comes out with.

Evil Genius

Quote from: charlieTully on November 23, 2012, 05:19:52 PM
Hmmm.

are you for real? well played, to this ****, Jesus wept, have you actually read some of the shit this man comes out with.
I don't imagine you'll get too many "Well Played"s, considering you invariably play the man rather than the ball, as above.

Oh, and by the way, "coming out with shit" is a speciality of fanatical Republican terrorists, if the state of their cells is anything to go by... ::)
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

stew

Quote from: Evil Genius on November 23, 2012, 07:24:27 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on November 23, 2012, 05:19:52 PM
Hmmm.

I don't imagine you'll get too many "Well Played"s, considering you invariably play the man rather than the ball, as above.

Oh, and by the way, "coming out with shit" is a speciality of fanatical Republican terrorists, if the state of their cells is anything to go by... ::)

At least these men have the courage of their convictions unlike their Loyalist counterparts, one more thing, the loyalist prisoners were not being subjected to this degrading practice..................... funny how that works!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.