More Dissident-Republican Activity

Started by sammymaguire, November 19, 2009, 06:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theticklemister

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 12, 2012, 08:51:56 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on November 12, 2012, 08:32:28 PM
Quote from: camanchero on November 12, 2012, 12:17:17 PM
also have heard back about Mr Black from a couple of sources on different sides.
He's not have wanted McGuinness or any other SF or nationalist politician at his funeral apparantly.
Well it's clear that the family didn't want any SF reps at the funeral. But the SDLP and an Irish Government Minister attended.

Are they bigots if these politicians went? It's a strange one alright!!

Anyways the sooner they sort out this the better. Anymore word on how the prisoners are getting on? How many republican prisoners are there at the minute in jail? Are the loyalist getting the same treatment?

There are 41 Republican prisoners. They don't wash or shave in protest of the way they get ill treated and searched by force when an agreement was signed to do away with such inhumane treatment.

dillinger

Well here's a straw poll of one, i would not object to one going to mine.

charlieTully

Quote from: theticklemister on November 12, 2012, 09:36:45 PM
also have heard back about Mr Black from a couple of sources on different sides.
He's not have wanted McGuinness or any other SF or nationalist politician at his funeral apparantly.
Well it's clear that the family didn't want any SF reps at the funeral. But the SDLP and an Irish Government Minister attended.

Anyways the sooner they sort out this the better. Anymore word on how the prisoners are getting on? How many republican prisoners are there at the minute in jail? Are the loyalist getting the same treatment?

There are 41 Republican prisoners. They don't wash or shave in protest of the way they get ill treated and searched by force when an agreement was signed to do away with such inhumane treatment.

is it true the machines to carry out x ray type searches have been purchased and all but that screws are refusing to operate them?

charlieTully

Quote from: dillinger on November 12, 2012, 09:40:22 PM
Well here's a straw poll of one, i would not object to one going to mine.

fair dues, just 998 to go.

theticklemister

Quote from: charlieTully on November 12, 2012, 09:40:47 PM
Quote from: theticklemister on November 12, 2012, 09:36:45 PM

is it true the machines to carry out x ray type searches have been purchased and all but that screws are refusing to operate them?

Yeah the BOSS chairs are in place

imtommygunn

Quote from: glens abu on November 12, 2012, 12:14:12 PM
Quote from: screenexile on November 12, 2012, 12:09:00 PM
Quote from: glens abu on November 12, 2012, 12:04:04 PM
Quote from: screenexile on November 12, 2012, 11:36:20 AM
Quote from: glens abu on November 12, 2012, 11:02:29 AM
Quote from: screenexile on November 12, 2012, 12:24:54 AM
Hmmmm surprised there aren't a few more on here lambasting James McClean as a bigot for refusing to wear his Poppy at the weekend.

The British have been heavily involved in the Peace Process and they stopped those horrible Germans from taking over the world surely McClean should have extended the 'hand of friendship' to our British brothers seeing as he lives there and plays in their football league!!!

James McClean tweeted"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter"MLK.Well done James very proud of you.

1. James McClean doesn't have a Twitter account anymore so you just made that up.

2. You haven't answered my question. If the Black family are bigots for not accepting McGuinness' "hand of friendship" then how is McClean not also a bigot for shunning the Poppy appeal?

Don't get me wrong I actually think McClean was right but why should the Black family be castigated for making a similar decision?!

Not going to rehearse the Black argument again,but McClean comes from a city that had many of its population murdered by British Army so can understand why he doesn't want to show his support for them,it would be like asking the people of Liverpool to wear a badge supporting the West Midlands police.

The Black family come from a community that had many murdered by the IRA. . . why then would you expect them to let a self confessed IRA member attend a family funeral!

No 1 The IRA are not still killing people the British Army are.

No 2 MMG elected MP and DFM was offering to go and pay his respects at a funeral ,not asking them to wear an Easter Lily.

No 3 James Mcclean plays football for Sunderland and is not in a bigoted organisation like the Orange Order.

Your post reminds me of gregory campbell on question time one year. When asked if the british army should apologise for bloody sunday he responded that they shouldn't because the ira doesn't.

How he equated the two first of all was astounding and second of all it was astounding he wasn't taken to town on it.

I agree with what mclean did but your point 1 there is ridiculous and nothing to do with anything on this topic.

The orange order is engrained in a lot of people's culture/ upbringing. I have no doubt that it is a very bigoted organisation however i do not believe everyone in it is bigoted. It's a big generalisation to jump too that evryone in it is bigoted.

lynchbhoy

That's rather bizzarre - by that kind of thinking you could deduce that not everyone in the IRA was into militant action!!
The oo by its nature, 'culture' and being is a bigoted sectarian organization and only if they admit toddlers could its membership contain such unwitting personnel!!

imtommygunn

It's not bizarre at all...

I resent what they stand for don't get me wrong but i think it's a sweeping generalisation to think absolutely everyone in it is a complete bigot. Families etc have more than likely got engrained in the culture.  I know people who would be involved in it and are not bigots.

lynchbhoy

Fair enough - but I'd say ' not openly' might qualify that.
Otherwise these people are oblivious or don't want to accept what the oo actually stands for - otherwise ordinary decent people wouldn't be in to - but thats my opinion.

imtommygunn

The ones i know are not bigots. Some people get brought up in a culture which they never question would be my thoughts on it.

The questioning on whether these people are bigots when no one knows anything about them and making comparisons between british army still killing people and ira not and the like by some people on this thread is ridiculous.

lynchbhoy

Honestly - could someone be in the oo, Kkk or IRA and claim not to know what kind of organization they were in?!?!
Personally I don't accept anyone can deny this.
If someone was decent and not bigoted then they wouldn't be in the oo, kkk or IRA etc

screenexile

Have to agree with imtommygunn on this one.

Many on here would label themselves Catholic ... Does that mean they don't believe in sex before marriage? They've never used contraception?

Its something you're born into and to tar them all as bigots is an unfair generalisation!

lynchbhoy

A comparison with a religion is incorrect here.
No one is stating that COI or Anglican etc religions are inherently
Flawed or bigoted etc so being a member from birth is of no consequence ( I'm sure Presbos or the continuity Presbos are too but sometimes you'd wonder! ;) ).

It's organizations that you 'join' and become a member of that I question.
If you decide to join the oo, KKK , IRA etc - you surely must know the ethos , or soon learn about it and agree with it if you stay a member?
If you don't agree with the ethos and remain a member then you are lying to that org and are still supporting their inhumane desires by being a member and not speaking out against them!
??

Saffrongael

Sinn Fein voted against opening a book of condolence in Dungannon council for David Black.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

imtommygunn

Quote from: lynchbhoy on November 13, 2012, 08:25:38 AM
A comparison with a religion is incorrect here.
No one is stating that COI or Anglican etc religions are inherently
Flawed or bigoted etc so being a member from birth is of no consequence ( I'm sure Presbos or the continuity Presbos are too but sometimes you'd wonder! ;) ).

It's organizations that you 'join' and become a member of that I question.
If you decide to join the oo, KKK , IRA etc - you surely must know the ethos , or soon learn about it and agree with it if you stay a member?
If you don't agree with the ethos and remain a member then you are lying to that org and are still supporting their inhumane desires by being a member and not speaking out against them!
??

You say it's incorrect and then go on to draw comparisons to terrorist organisations, interesting....

I abhore what the OO stand for however to label everyone in it as bad people or bigots or whatever is a bit much in my view. Yes I would have no doubt that a lot are but is everyone in it?

The OO is not a good organisation however I think it's reputation has mushroomed a little into being something more than it is.