More Dissident-Republican Activity

Started by sammymaguire, November 19, 2009, 06:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agent Orange

The prison service already have these chairs, they refuse to use them.

screenexile

Hmmmm surprised there aren't a few more on here lambasting James McClean as a bigot for refusing to wear his Poppy at the weekend.

The British have been heavily involved in the Peace Process and they stopped those horrible Germans from taking over the world surely McClean should have extended the 'hand of friendship' to our British brothers seeing as he lives there and plays in their football league!!!

glens abu

Quote from: screenexile on November 12, 2012, 12:24:54 AM
Hmmmm surprised there aren't a few more on here lambasting James McClean as a bigot for refusing to wear his Poppy at the weekend.

The British have been heavily involved in the Peace Process and they stopped those horrible Germans from taking over the world surely McClean should have extended the 'hand of friendship' to our British brothers seeing as he lives there and plays in their football league!!!

James McClean tweeted"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter"MLK.Well done James very proud of you.

screenexile

Quote from: glens abu on November 12, 2012, 11:02:29 AM

James McClean tweeted"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter"MLK.Well done James very proud of you.

1. James McClean doesn't have a Twitter account anymore so you just made that up.

2. You haven't answered my question. If the Black family are bigots for not accepting McGuinness' "hand of friendship" then how is McClean not also a bigot for shunning the Poppy appeal?

Don't get me wrong I actually think McClean was right but why should the Black family be castigated for making a similar decision?!

Ulick

Rossfan

For the record  --
Well done James McClean.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

glens abu

Quote from: screenexile on November 12, 2012, 11:36:20 AM

1. James McClean doesn't have a Twitter account anymore so you just made that up.

2. You haven't answered my question. If the Black family are bigots for not accepting McGuinness' "hand of friendship" then how is McClean not also a bigot for shunning the Poppy appeal?

Don't get me wrong I actually think McClean was right but why should the Black family be castigated for making a similar decision?!

Not going to rehearse the Black argument again,but McClean comes from a city that had many of its population murdered by British Army so can understand why he doesn't want to show his support for them,it would be like asking the people of Liverpool to wear a badge supporting the West Midlands police.

screenexile

Quote from: glens abu on November 12, 2012, 12:04:04 PM

Not going to rehearse the Black argument again,but McClean comes from a city that had many of its population murdered by British Army so can understand why he doesn't want to show his support for them,it would be like asking the people of Liverpool to wear a badge supporting the West Midlands police.

The Black family come from a community that had many murdered by the IRA. . . why then would you expect them to let a self confessed IRA member attend a family funeral!

glens abu

Quote from: screenexile on November 12, 2012, 12:09:00 PM

The Black family come from a community that had many murdered by the IRA. . . why then would you expect them to let a self confessed IRA member attend a family funeral!

No 1 The IRA are not still killing people the British Army are.

No 2 MMG elected MP and DFM was offering to go and pay his respects at a funeral ,not asking them to wear an Easter Lily.

No 3 James Mcclean plays football for Sunderland and is not in a bigoted organisation like the Orange Order.

camanchero

jeez man - I'd have thought that it was evident enough that mcguinness was now a state supporter. However maybe people still view him as just another IRA man - funny in a way as a lot of republicans would see him as a traitor - so despised by a lot of both sides....the man cant win !!

also have heard back about Mr Black from a couple of sources on different sides.
He's not have wanted McGuinness or any other SF or nationalist politician at his funeral apparantly.

While I have not heard any particular reason for his killing, it seems that revenge given Mr Black's past could have very well been the motivation.
Still wrong - all pre GFA stuff is supposed to be wiped clean. The dissidents need to start taking this into account and stop stirring things up - then again that may be their objective.
they are getting more recruits because of this and because of the ruc behaviour of psni officers in certain areas (and behaviour of some prison guards in various prisons).
will people ever fecking learn.

NAG1

I made no comment or reference to the other side issue which was brought into this merely pointed out the contradiction in your point above relating to McClean.

Maguire01

Quote from: camanchero on November 12, 2012, 12:17:17 PM
also have heard back about Mr Black from a couple of sources on different sides.
He's not have wanted McGuinness or any other SF or nationalist politician at his funeral apparantly.
Well it's clear that the family didn't want any SF reps at the funeral. But the SDLP and an Irish Government Minister attended.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Maguire01 on November 12, 2012, 08:32:28 PM
Well it's clear that the family didn't want any SF reps at the funeral. But the SDLP and an Irish Government Minister attended.

Are they bigots if these politicians went? It's a strange one alright!!

Anyways the sooner they sort out this the better. Anymore word on how the prisoners are getting on? How many republican prisoners are there at the minute in jail? Are the loyalist getting the same treatment?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

All of a Sludden

"On Thursday, 1st of November, 2012, an active service unit of the IRA executed prison guard David Black.

"While the IRA never takes this type of action lightly, the IRA has a responsibility to protect and defend republican POWs.

"This action was in direct response to the torture and degradation of POWs held in Maghaberry.

"The issues that led to the IRA taking action might have been avoided if his 'superiors' had honoured the agreement they signed with prisoners in August 2010."

"Rather than showing the leadership necessary to resolve the protest in Maghaberry they continue to play politics with the lives of republican POWs and indeed their own guards and PCOs.

"Similarly, the charade of hypocritical condemnation from the local political classes does nothing to resolve the issues created by their inactions."

http://republican-news.org/current/news/2012/11/statement_claims_responsibilit.html
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

charlieTully

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 12, 2012, 08:51:56 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on November 12, 2012, 08:32:28 PM

Are they bigots if these politicians went? It's a strange one alright!!

Anyways the sooner they sort out this the better. Anymore word on how the prisoners are getting on? How many republican prisoners are there at the minute in jail? Are the loyalist getting the same treatment?

think there is 40 or so , on protest anyway. sure all the loyalists are out in the community selling drugs with community worker titles. on the issue of the funeral, a straw poll off say 1000 unionists on whether they would want a sf minister at their funeral. i reckon most would say no, a lot of them pay lip service to peace. as i ave said before they see it as victory.