More Dissident-Republican Activity

Started by sammymaguire, November 19, 2009, 06:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlieTully

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 04, 2012, 11:01:24 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on November 04, 2012, 12:07:02 PM
What a load of nonsense you talk. The simple straightforward fact of the matter is you reap what you sew. If you treat people as subhuman you can't cry with indignation when they carry out subhuman acts. No other prisoners are subjected to the same strip search procedures. The other prisoners can have drugs etc smuggled in at will. The strip searching is only carried out on republican prisoners a lot of whom have been convicted of nothing. It's supposed to be a civilized society and the treatment of prisoners should be humane in such a society. You can't have it both ways.

Of all the disgusting comments on this thread - and there are quite a few- that is the worst by a mile.

It is sickening read the fact that you have basically rationalised this act. It is a worrying society when people think like that.

Surely the reasons behind these acts have to be discussed, it is folly to bury the head in the sand and pretend we live in a peace process utopia when that is clearly not the case. Someone on here has called for the nuking of a town of 23,000 people yet you find my comment more disgusting. It seems no one is allowed to express an opinion these days unless it ties in with the status quo.

Eamonnca1

What a load of nonsense you talk. The simple straightforward fact of the matter is you reap what you sew. If you treat people as subhuman you can't cry with indignation when they carry out subhuman acts. No other prisoners are subjected to the same strip search procedures. The other prisoners can have drugs etc smuggled in at will. The strip searching is only carried out on republican prisoners a lot of whom have been convicted of nothing. It's supposed to be a civilized society and the treatment of prisoners should be humane in such a society. You can't have it both ways.

Contemptible. Justifying murder and the knuckle-dragging republican fundamentalists' latest attempt to reignite the Troubles.  There's no justification for an act like this. End of.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: charlieTully on November 05, 2012, 11:12:10 AM
Surely the reasons behind these acts have to be discussed, it is folly to bury the head in the sand and pretend we live in a peace process utopia when that is clearly not the case. Someone on here has called for the nuking of a town of 23,000 people yet you find my comment more disgusting. It seems no one is allowed to express an opinion these days unless it ties in with the status quo.

I don't think your man really meant that Lurgan should be hit by a nuclear weapon now, do you?

Hereiam

People are on this board twisting about events which will continue to happen on this Island as long as the british have control of the 6 counties. If you go back thru the History of Ireland you will see that there were always periods of calm (usually about 100yrs) and then the whole thing would take of again.
The way I see it is that we are in a period of calm because the british government have been throwing money out left right and centre for the last decade to keep it this way. How long this lasts is anyone guess but as sure as the sun sets the war will erupt again unless the brits pack their bags and go home.

Minder

McGuiness has been told the family doesent want anyone from SF at the funeral.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

camanchero

not going to trawl back over the last number of pages to find if there was any answer ( I did look back on the last three) - but has any 'reason' been given for killing mr black?

I know in the past prison warders were killed for being 'too fond' and 'too enthusiastic' in doing their 'job' (body cavity searches, torture etc) but I would have thought this kind of thing no longer went on ?

one of my best friends is a prison warder so I may or may not get info from him - but I'd be worried about him if this is kicking off again - and he has enough hassle watching his back from his own peers !

screenexile

What a load of shite. Making excuses for the people who murdered a guy for doing his job?

There is NO excuse for murder ... end of story! I can't understand how there has been so much debate around this. Whoever did this is scum of the lowest order and deserve all that's coming to them!!

michaelg

Quote from: Hereiam on November 05, 2012, 04:52:48 PM
People are on this board twisting about events which will continue to happen on this Island as long as the british have control of the 6 counties. If you go back thru the History of Ireland you will see that there were always periods of calm (usually about 100yrs) and then the whole thing would take of again.
The way I see it is that we are in a period of calm because the british government have been throwing money out left right and centre for the last decade to keep it this way. How long this lasts is anyone guess but as sure as the sun sets the war will erupt again unless the brits pack their bags and go home.
All 1 million of them?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: charlieTully on November 05, 2012, 11:12:10 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on November 04, 2012, 11:01:24 PM

Of all the disgusting comments on this thread - and there are quite a few- that is the worst by a mile.

It is sickening read the fact that you have basically rationalised this act. It is a worrying society when people think like that.

;D Duck and cover.

CitySlicker11

To those out there that consider themselves Nationalists, what day to day activities do you carry out to achieve your goal?

Myles Na G.

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on November 05, 2012, 06:54:27 PM
To those out there that consider themselves Nationalists, what day to day activities do you carry out to achieve your goal?
I don't kill my Protestant / unionist / British neighbours. This, I've found, adds credibility to my argument that they've nothing to fear in a reunited Ireland. (it also keeps me out of jail and helps me avoid being strip searched, which I'm not fond of, on account of the oul' John Giles  ;))

The Gs Man

Quote from: illdecide on November 05, 2012, 09:55:31 AM
Quote from: The Gs Man on November 04, 2012, 08:40:05 PM
Both of them are out.

Our club got a doing over this morning over the head of it all. Windows broken, paint all over the place, sectarian slogans on the walls. And we're three miles outside Lurgan.

Seriously??? never heard anything this morning...BTW is that WT club your talking about?

Aghagallon
Keep 'er lit

Eamonnca1

Lobbying to make the GAA, and by extension Irish culture, more accessible to people who don't traditionally come from that kind of background.

sheamy

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on November 06, 2012, 12:07:06 AM

Lobbying to make the GAA, and by extension Irish culture, more accessible to people who don't traditionally come from that kind of background.

Keep up the good work

Rois

I have never heard of people who wanted to show solidarity and sympathy with a grieving family be turned down.  I'm not a republican so my my opinions are not linked to politics, but unchristian was my initial thought and I can't apologise for it now, despite being demonised for it by screenexile. 

My friend in work was murdered by her husband about two years ago.  Her family welcomed and appreciated the support and sympathy from his family.  Those are the lines I'm thinking along. 

(perhaps my naive assumption is that the motives for wanting to go to the funeral are Christian rather than political themselves)