The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Trump's letter to Pelosi backfired badly on him as Security Service have advised the President's announcement "significantly increased the danger to the delegation, troops , security and other officials supporting the trip"

The Trump Shutdown isn't getting any better!!

QuoteSpeaking to Democratic leaders Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer in the Oval Office, Trump said on December 11, "I am proud to shut down the government for border security, Chuck. ... I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down. I'm not going to blame you for it."

What an idiot!!!

Dolph1

Quote from: screenexile on January 18, 2019, 03:10:03 PM
Trump's letter to Pelosi backfired badly on him as Security Service have advised the President's announcement "significantly increased the danger to the delegation, troops , security and other officials supporting the trip"

QuoteSpeaking to Democratic leaders Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer in the Oval Office, Trump said on December 11, "I am proud to shut down the government for border security, Chuck. ... I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down. I'm not going to blame you for it."

What an idiot!!!

How can it increase the danger to the trip? She's not going.
Trump 2020. Making America Greater Again

J70

Quote from: Dolph1 on January 18, 2019, 03:46:56 PM

What an idiot!!!

Probably not, now that anyone who might have been interested in targeting the delegation now knows that a trip was in the works.

This from a man who just two weeks ago was boasting to the soldiers over there about how Air Force One, on an unannounced trip, had to be flown in silent with all the lights off to avoid terrorist threats.

screenexile

Quote from: Dolph1 on January 18, 2019, 03:46:56 PM

What an idiot!!!

They were planning on flying commercial with the trip until Trump sent out his letter telling the world what was happening!!

Dolph1

Why would she be hellbent on travelling though? Pelosi shouldn't be avoiding her duty to work out a deal by jetting off on a fake PR mission to greet troops. Has she not heard of videoconferencing? Do the military really want to meet Nancy Pelosi?  It's pretty transparent it's just to raise the stakes and miss a federal employee pay deadline.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Dolph1 on January 18, 2019, 04:49:29 PM
Why would she be hellbent on travelling though? Pelosi shouldn't be avoiding her duty to work out a deal by jetting off on a fake PR mission to greet troops. Has she not heard of videoconferencing? Do the military really want to meet Nancy Pelosi?  It's pretty transparent it's just to raise the stakes and miss a federal employee pay deadline.

J70

God forbid the political opposition and administration overseers do their jobs, as they have always done, and also visit these places to get first hand feedback.

Dolph1

Quote from: J70 on January 18, 2019, 05:46:09 PM
God forbid the political opposition and administration overseers do their jobs, as they have always done, and also visit these places to get first hand feedback.

Which task is more important right now? Sorting out national security/government shutdown or jetting off to greet military personnel?

J70

Quote from: Dolph1 on January 18, 2019, 06:02:55 PM

Which task is more important right now? Sorting out national security/government shutdown or jetting off to greet military personnel?

Which was more important in the days Trump went? Government was shutdown then too. The supposed national security emergency existed then.

Why did Trump pull the plug when they were literally on their way to the airport and not a few days before? Because he is a spiteful child who wanted to stick it to Pelosi. He doesn't give two fucks about the shutdown or those it affects, otherwise he would never have started it (AGAIN) and wouldn't be sitting around with absolutely no idea how he is going to extricate himself from the mess he created.

So spare us your feigned concern.

Eamonnca1

Don't be ridiculous. The most important thing is always that the president gets in another round of golf.

Dolph1

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 18, 2019, 06:22:41 PM

Don't be ridiculous. The most important thing is always that the president gets in another round of golf.

Maybe you want to call moderators to ban disruptors like yourself from stopping mature debates taking place.

You certainly are the epitome of a beta male.

Dolph1

Quote from: J70 on January 18, 2019, 06:13:29 PM

Which was more important in the days Trump went? Government was shutdown then too. The supposed national security emergency existed then.

Why did Trump pull the plug when they were literally on their way to the airport and not a few days before? Because he is a spiteful child who wanted to stick it to Pelosi. He doesn't give two f**ks about the shutdown or those it affects, otherwise he would never have started it (AGAIN) and wouldn't be sitting around with absolutely no idea how he is going to extricate himself from the mess he created.

Would you call Pelosi's stunt about the state of the union address a masterstroke? If anything she provoked that reaction.
She's also avoiding real discussion and compromise. Is she a politician or virtue signaling to AOC and the rest of those twitter morons just to stay in power.

J70

Quote from: Dolph1 on January 18, 2019, 07:20:41 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 18, 2019, 06:13:29 PM

Why did Trump pull the plug when they were literally on their way to the airport and not a few days before? Because he is a spiteful child who wanted to stick it to Pelosi. He doesn't give two f**ks about the shutdown or those it affects, otherwise he would never have started it (AGAIN) and wouldn't be sitting around with absolutely no idea how he is going to extricate himself from the mess he created.

Would you call Pelosi's stunt about the state of the union address a masterstroke? If anything she provoked that reaction.
She's also avoiding real discussion and compromise. Is she a politician or virtue signaling to AOC and the rest of those twitter morons just to stay in power.

"Provoke"? What is he, a inebriated moron out on a Saturday night?

Pelosi's "stunt" was silly, but at the same time all those staff for the event really WILL be working for free.

As for discussion and compromise, Trump called for the shutdown. HE rejected the continuing resolution deal that passed the Senate because Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter said mean things. The House also passed a deal to open the government. HE is the one callously using federal workers and contractors, and all the people dependent on the same, as pawns. He could have signed off on the deal and been right in the middle of a negotiation right now in advance of the next resolution deadline. He made his bed, as the polls recognize. So f**k him.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Dolph1 on January 18, 2019, 07:17:17 PM
Maybe you want to call moderators to ban disruptors like yourself from stopping mature debates taking place.

You certainly are the epitome of a beta male.

"Cuck." You're supposed to call me a "beta cuck." If you're going to speak alt-rightese, speak it properly.

screenexile

It's Trump's shutdown... he said so himself! Pelosi has made it very clear as to how it can end . . . The ball is very much in the Donald's court on this one!!!