GAA Discussion > Laois

Laois Intermediate Football Championship 2022

(1/3) > >>

SCFC:
Didn't see a thread.

Looks like The Heath's to lose but I suppose the likes of Crettyard, Timahoe and Mountmellick have all come down from senior in recent years and failed to bounce straight back so they'd want to avoid complacency.

Quarter finals are Ballyroan Abbey v Mountmellick and Timahoe v Arles Kilcruise with Crettyard and The Heath waiting for the winners in the semis.

The Rock v O'Dempseys in the relegation final. I suppose The Rock should edge that but wouldn't be too sure.

Laois Rising:
Hopefully the intermediate championship can be revamped soon. It needs to be a 12 team competition with a least 8/9 first team club teams involved. It would improve the quality of the championship immensely. If I had a choice, I would rather my club be competitive challenging for a county title at intermediate level rather than hoping just to avoid relegation from the Laois senior championship year on year. Whose knows, with a strong intermediate county championship winning side there is a possibility of a Leinster title and an All-Ireland Final appearance in Croke Park. Winning championship matches and making a county final really brings a feel good factor to a parish/community. Look at the last few Leinster winning sides from Meath, Wexford, Louth, Kildare-with a slightly better club side coming out of Laois, we would be there or thereabouts for winning these titles.

SCFC:

--- Quote from: Laois Rising on August 08, 2022, 11:50:14 AM ---Hopefully the intermediate championship can be revamped soon. It needs to be a 12 team competition with a least 8/9 first team club teams involved. It would improve the quality of the championship immensely. If I had a choice, I would rather my club be competitive challenging for a county title at intermediate level rather than hoping just to avoid relegation from the Laois senior championship year on year. Whose knows, with a strong intermediate county championship winning side there is a possibility of a Leinster title and an All-Ireland Final appearance in Croke Park. Winning championship matches and making a county final really brings a feel good factor to a parish/community. Look at the last few Leinster winning sides from Meath, Wexford, Louth, Kildare-with a slightly better club side coming out of Laois, we would be there or thereabouts for winning these titles.

--- End quote ---

Wouldn't disagree with that. I'd go 8 first teams in senior, 8 first teams in intermediate and 8 first teams in junior. The rest of the first teams in junior B or C.
Then a senior B or senior reserve (whatever you want to call it) for the strongest 8 second teams. And two more championships for the rest of the second teams.

The PRO:
Ballyroan Abbey v Mountmellick - Mountmellick by 3
Timahoe v Arles Kilcruise - could be close - Arles by 1
The Rock v O'Dempsey's - I'm hearing O'Dempsey's aren't overly concerned about staying up so The Rock by 4

Spiritof86:
Mountmellick by 5
Timahoe by 3
The Rock by 7

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version