Ulster Semifinal- Derry v Tyrone 21/6/09 Casement Park

Started by Oakleafer93, May 31, 2009, 03:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Quote from: SidelineKick on June 22, 2009, 05:12:43 PM
We beat you, fuckin get over it. We used YOUR tactics to do it. My respect for Monaghan dropped dramatically that day. A hard team? hard to listen to thats about it.  Cynical f**ks.
What team are we talking about now?

SidelineKick

Hold on here a min lads, I am not trying to say Derry in any way shape or form deserved to win yesterday. We were completely outclassed and it was actually embarrassing, I simpliy highlighted an incident with Monobrow which I thought was uncalled for.  Where were derry cynical yesterday?  If you want a list of Monaghan's cynical games just look at all their recent fixtures, that pretty much covers it.

Tyrones Own I am well and truely over Tyrone beating us, so I don't see where the irony is, I never expected a win, although I didn't expect an 8 point trounching.  I wasn't even disappointed yest as I had most of the 2nd half to resign myself to the fact we were never fgoing to win.  Monaghan expected to beat derry, thats the difference, they didnt expect derry to stand up and play them at their own game.  There was nothing cynical about yesterdays game, even in the first half where it was tight.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

JMohan

Christ I didn't see much cynical in yesterdays game at all ... I thought it was a bloody decent effort on both sides and good fair game ... might not have been great football, but there wasn't a proper nasty/dirty stroke in the game.

Especially when you think of the rivalry.

Maguire01

Quote from: SidelineKick on June 22, 2009, 06:00:41 PM
Monaghan expected to beat derry, thats the difference, they didnt expect derry to stand up and play them at their own game. 
Eh? When?

Maguire01

Quote from: JMohan on June 22, 2009, 06:03:17 PM
might not have been great football, but there wasn't a proper nasty/dirty stroke in the game.
Have you missed the last 10 pages or so? Did you actually see the match? It wasn't on the level of Monaghan v Derry, but it was hardly 100% clean. Unless your idea of proper nasty/dirty is different to mine...

SidelineKick

Quote from: Maguire01 on June 22, 2009, 06:47:56 PM
Monaghan expected to beat derry, thats the difference, they didnt expect derry to stand up and play them at their own game. 
Eh? When?

1st round  ??? Are you being serious?

I think JMohan means in comparison it was nowhere near the Monagh game, there wasn't alot to talk about in terms of cynical behaviour.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Maguire01

Quote from: SidelineKick on June 22, 2009, 06:51:52 PM
Eh? When?

I meant when did Monaghan 'expect to beat' Derry, not when was the game.
The way you wrote it suggested that Monaghan thought the result was a foregone conclusion.

I think JMohan means in comparison it was nowhere near the Monagh game, there wasn't alot to talk about in terms of cynical behaviour.
If he did, it wasn't very clear.

JMohan

Quote from: Maguire01 on June 22, 2009, 06:50:10 PM
might not have been great football, but there wasn't a proper nasty/dirty stroke in the game.
Have you missed the last 10 pages or so? Did you actually see the match? It wasn't on the level of Monaghan v Derry, but it was hardly 100% clean. Unless your idea of proper nasty/dirty is different to mine...

So what was there? Dooher and McGuigan had a clash of heads when one charged the other and McGuckian got sent off for running into Cavanagh ... big deal. You'd see worse in a creche.

And you'll see worse if Monaghan try and get stuck into Armagh too...

There wasn't a punch thrown in real anger at all ... stop trying to drag everything down to your level ... At least Derry and Tyrone tried to play football yesterday.

JMohan

Eh? When?

Exactly ... Derry tried to play Tyrone at football.
I don't think they did it the right way or with the right plan ... but they certainly didn't try and stop them from playing football by pulling jerseys and kicking and insulting their girlfriends/mothers etc.

Maguire01

Quote from: JMohan on June 22, 2009, 07:12:30 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on June 22, 2009, 06:50:10 PM

So what was there? Dooher and McGuigan had a clash of heads when one charged the other and McGuckian got sent off for running into Cavanagh ... big deal. You'd see worse in a creche.

And you'll see worse if Monaghan try and get stuck into Armagh too...

There wasn't a punch thrown in real anger at all ... stop trying to drag everything down to your level ... At least Derry and Tyrone tried to play football yesterday.

My level? What are you talking about? What's my level?

I wasn't comparing yesterday to Derry v Monaghan - i was commenting on the game in its own right. It wasn't a dirty game overall, but to say that there wasn't a nasty/dirty stroke is a bit disingenuous...

QuoteKevin McGuckin was shown a straight red card after an off-the-ball clash.
He was involved in one of a number of ill-tempered exchanges as the game threatened to boil over in the latter stages.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/the_championship/8111759.stm

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Gabriel_Hurl

Could have swore this was the Tyrone/Derry thread and not the Monaghan/Derry thread

Oakleafer93

So, it has now been 29 days, 5 hours and 38 minutes since the Derry v Monaghan game and them Monaghan hures are still running around with chips on their shoulders.

I know how we can ease the pain, heres some salt.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility