U2

Started by 5 Sams, February 07, 2009, 11:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on July 05, 2011, 08:26:46 PM
I am usually first in line to slag Bongo but I liked this.

Pay your taxes though  >:(

If every organisation did what the begrudgers are demanding U2 do, Ireland's economy wouldn't last the week.
MWWSI 2017

Cáthasaigh

U2 are a shower of self-loathing wabs who would be terribly embarrassed to discover they were being discussed by the ordinary people on a GAA board of all people.

They can go f__k themselves for their pro-Brit Widgery friendly rewrite of John Lennon's classic protest song about Bloody Sunday. Most of you will never have heard it but here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLZhNs7M1oE
Demand a 32 County referendum for unity!

boojangles

Quote from: Cáthasaigh on July 05, 2011, 11:06:42 PM
U2 are a shower of self-loathing wabs who would be terribly embarrassed to discover they were being discussed by the ordinary people on a GAA board of all people.

They can go f__k themselves for their pro-Brit Widgery friendly rewrite of John Lennon's classic protest song about Bloody Sunday. Most of you will never have heard it but here it is

Rewrite me hole. Same title. Similarities end there.

Cáthasaigh

Quote from: boojangles on July 05, 2011, 11:36:36 PM

Wrong, the 'this is not a rebel song' introduction on 'the unforgettable fire' kinda aborted your argument decades before it was born. Nice try though, no doubt you were watchin the muppet show at the time and it wore off.

Hardy

Quote from: Cáthasaigh on July 05, 2011, 11:06:42 PM

Quote from: Cáthasaigh on July 05, 2011, 11:39:55 PM

Wrong, the 'this is not a rebel song' introduction on 'the unforgettable fire' kinda aborted your argument decades before it was born. Nice try though, no doubt you were watchin the muppet show at the time and it wore off.

What a a ptronising p***k.

BarryBreensBandage

Wrong. I think you will find that the 'this is not a rebel song' live version was on 'Under a Blood Red Sky' live album, recorded in Sankt Goarshausen, Germany, 1983.

And not 'Unforgettable Fire' album - but sure when did facts ever matter?

Nice try though, no doubt you were in the muppet show at the time.

"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

Shamrock Shore

Quoterecorded in Sankt Goarshausen, Germany, 1983

Was that album not recorded in Red Rocks in Colarado in 1983?

Cáthasaigh

Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on July 05, 2011, 11:56:55 PM

Wrong. I think you will find that the 'this is not a rebel song' live version was on 'Under a Blood Red Sky' live album, recorded in Sankt Goarshausen, Germany, 1983.

So, I got the U2 albums confused. Big deal, the reality of the song remains......Bono did say 'this is not a rebel song' did he not?

BarryBreensBandage

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on July 06, 2011, 12:13:42 AM
Quoterecorded in Sankt Goarshausen, Germany, 1983

Was that album not recorded in Red Rocks in Colarado in 1983?

Side one
1. "Gloria"   Denver, Colorado on 5 June 1983 4:32
2. "11 O'Clock Tick Tock"   Boston, Massachusetts on 6 May 1983 4:34
3. "I Will Follow"   Sankt Goarshausen, Germany on 20 August 1983 3:36
4. "Party Girl"   Denver, Colorado on 5 June 1983 2:52

Side two
1. "Sunday Bloody Sunday"   Sankt Goarshausen, Germany on 20 August 1983 4:55
2. "The Electric Co."   Sankt Goarshausen, Germany on 20 August 1983 5:18
3. "New Year's Day"   Sankt Goarshausen, Germany on 20 August 1983 4:29
4. "40"   Sankt Goarshausen, Germany on 20 August 1983 3:36

Cáthasaigh

Quote from: Hardy on July 05, 2011, 11:54:38 PM

What a a ptronising p***k.

Not only patronising but a traitor and a tax dodger, some boy is Bono.

Blowitupref

Yoko ruined that bloody Sunday song (dam my ears) Didn't FF bring in a rule back in the 80s that artists in Ireland didn't have to pay tax or something?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

BarryBreensBandage

Quote from: Cáthasaigh on July 06, 2011, 12:17:25 AM
Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on July 05, 2011, 11:56:55 PM

So, I got the U2 albums confused. Big deal, the reality of the song remains......Bono did say 'this is not a rebel song' did he not?

Well, its a bigger deal to me that you got a U2 album wrong than it is worrying about where the song originated.

Furthermore, can I ask, what nationality was John Lennon? Was he from the same country that spawned Spandau Ballet with their iconic song 'Through the Barricades'?

Another Englishman singing a song about the Troubles? Not better an Irishman?

Cáthasaigh

Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on July 06, 2011, 12:27:39 AM

Well, its a bigger deal to me that you got a U2 album wrong than it is worrying about where the song originated.

Yeah but you exhibit chronic feejit tendencies so your opinion hardly counts.

BarryBreensBandage

Quote from: Cáthasaigh on July 06, 2011, 12:32:33 AM
Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on July 06, 2011, 12:27:39 AM

Yeah but you exhibit chronic feejit tendencies so your opinion hardly counts.

My opinion has nothing to do with the fact that your response is avoiding the elephant in the room - 
that you would prefer a 'brit' (your term) to sing a song about Ireland instead of an Irishman.

Say it ain't so?

Cáthasaigh

Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on July 06, 2011, 12:48:58 AM

My opinion has nothing to do with the fact that your response is avoiding the elephant in the room - 
that you would prefer a 'brit' (your term) to sing a song about Ireland instead of an Irishman.

Say it ain't so?

I'd have preferred James Connolly and Jim Larkin to William Martin Murphy too. Your 'argument' suggests a natural tendency towards ballbaggery.