The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

He damaged his ankle after jumping for a high ball with Seamus Moynaghan in the Semi. Not sure if it was a sprain or ligament damage. Something tells me it was right and serious and he got by on the magic injections.

From the Bunker

Quote from: omagh_gael on August 04, 2017, 11:38:02 PM
He damaged his ankle after jumping for a high ball with Seamus Moynaghan in the Semi. Not sure if it was a sprain or ligament damage. Something tells me it was right and serious and he got by on the magic injections.

Knew it was something like that! Just trying to give an example of a player being injured and a Manager still getting what they could out of the player.

Milltown Row2

The pundits on the Sunday game now are a serious  improvement on Spillane and co
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The Trap

I am in bad form today.......2 bad games does that to you.....I like sky coverage most of the time but why dont they just call this as it is......2 terrible games instead of trying to make them out to be something else??? At least spillage brolly and orourke would call it.

BennyHarp

Quote from: The Trap on August 05, 2017, 07:49:22 PM
I am in bad form today.......2 bad games does that to you.....I like sky coverage most of the time but why dont they just call this as it is......2 terrible games instead of trying to make them out to be something else??? At least spillage brolly and orourke would call it.

Why do you need them to tell you? They didn't try to say it was great stuff but they discussed the tactics. I thought the analysis of Dublins width was very interesting and poses a severe problem for Tyrone's defensive system to deal with. I don't need ex players just sitting there telling me the game was shite.
That was never a square ball!!

Syferus

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 05, 2017, 08:04:03 PM

Why do you need them to tell you? They didn't try to say it was great stuff but they discussed the tactics. I thought the analysis of Dublins width was very interesting and poses a severe problem for Tyrone's defensive system to deal with. I don't need ex players just sitting there telling me the game was shite.

Discussing tactics when we've witnessed a massive gap between some of the best teams in the country is slightly missing the point that everyone is talking about.

It's this type of cheerleading that means no one takes Canavan or Horan all that seriously on Sky, they're being told to play into Sky's home brand of analysis.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Syferus on August 06, 2017, 12:13:12 PM

Discussing tactics when we've witnessed a massive gap between some of the best teams in the country is slightly missing the point that everyone is talking about.

It's this type of cheerleading that means no one takes Canavan or Horan all that seriously on Sky, they're being told to play into Sky's home brand of analysis.

It's about selling a (shite) brand and Pundits Justifying their Jobs as pundits! Yesterdays games could not be tactically analysed as they were total mismatches to begin with.

BennyHarp

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 06, 2017, 01:12:51 PM

It's about selling a (shite) brand and Pundits Justifying their Jobs as pundits! Yesterdays games could not be tactically analysed as they were total mismatches to begin with.

Eh? Of course these matches can be analysed to show what the better teams are doing that is enabling them to win these games so easily. Showing that Dublin clearly have a width creating strategy yesterday was useful in the context of how that will work against Tyrones packed defense. Each to their own but give me analysis of what the teams are doing tactically over someone just telling me the game is shite any day.

From the Bunker

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 06, 2017, 01:22:59 PM

Eh? Of course these matches can be analysed to show what the better teams are doing that is enabling them to win these games so easily. Showing that Dublin clearly have a width creating strategy yesterday was useful in the context of how that will work against Tyrones packed defense. Each to their own but give me analysis of what the teams are doing tactically over someone just telling me the game is shite any day.

Fair enough!

Syferus

What if the sport is shite?

BennyHarp

Quote from: Syferus on August 06, 2017, 01:28:55 PM

What if the sport is shite?

You can see that for yourself. It doesn't take an ex pro to tell you that a game is shite. But I couldn't see the Dublin tactics from my TV yesterday but could see the game was shite. I don't remember Peter or Horan claiming otherwise. Like I say, each to their own!

maigheo

Agree with Bennyharp .To compare the Rte  analysis and sky analysis is like comparing the league of Ireland to the premiership.After an enthralling game last week between Ros and Mayo all Spillane and Brollys analysis consisted of was telling us how bad a game it was.Will not make the mistake of listening to them again

BennyCake

Irish language option available for Hurling. Can hardly understand a word, but at least it's not Ger Canning.

RedHand88

Quote from: maigheo on August 06, 2017, 04:00:28 PM
Agree with Bennyharp .To compare the Rte  analysis and sky analysis is like comparing the league of Ireland to the premiership.After an enthralling game last week between Ros and Mayo all Spillane and Brollys analysis consisted of was telling us how bad a game it was.Will not make the mistake of listening to them again

Couldn't believe what I was hearing. I thought it was one of the games of the championship. If the game is a low scoring blanket v blanket he complains. If it's open and end to end like last week he complains anyway.

Il Bomber Destro

I'm sure if Ciaran Whelan is on tonight he will be asking Jonny Cooper to make a public apology for his dive yesterday.

I'm sure Colm O'Rourke will be bringing up the bad smell that follows Dublin GAA as a result. He'll be talking about the eye gouging, the multiple biting allegations, the mass brawl in a behind closed doors friendly, one of their players laying their hands on a referee and now the diving of Cooper to throw into the mix.

Or maybe a statute of limitations exists for non-Ulster counties.