Who will win the 2024 Ulster title

Donegal
27 (56.3%)
Armagh
21 (43.8%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Voting closed: April 27, 2024, 08:54:31 PM

square_ball

Quote from: 5times5times on May 08, 2024, 01:11:44 PMIn more cute hoor-ism, McBrearty in Irish News said they do practice penalties... 1 page over, McGuinness said they dont... no time  :o

McBrearty will be getting kicked off the squad for telling something out of school ;D

yellowcard

Quote from: 5times5times on May 08, 2024, 01:11:44 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on May 08, 2024, 12:41:04 PM
Quote from: 5times5times on May 08, 2024, 12:17:48 PMI dont buy this Donegal BS (esp M.Murphy), that Donegal are only few months into their plan.

Many of these players were around in previous successful regimes.

They have plenty of experienced players so they will not be viewing this as bonus territory, they will be going to win and will expect to win. There is no guarantee they will be back next year and you need to strike when the iron is hot. Same as Armagh. But that wasn't the most notable part of the article. That was reserved for him claiming that Ethan Rafferty should start the final after 10 months of not playing a match. Of course he would love that to happen so that McGuinness can set up another Odhran Lynch style ambush.

In more cute hoor-ism, McBrearty in Irish News said they do practice penalties... 1 page over, McGuinness said they dont... no time  :o

Jimmy was on the back page of the Irish News a few days ago stating that Patton would be fit for the final. Which makes me think that he actually won't be fit!

Blowitupref

League and championship this year 10 games each.

Donegal have scored on average 18 points per match and conceded 13

Armagh have scored on average 18 points per match and conceded 12

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

AustinPowers

Quote from: square_ball on May 08, 2024, 01:19:31 PM
Quote from: 5times5times on May 08, 2024, 01:11:44 PMIn more cute hoor-ism, McBrearty in Irish News said they do practice penalties... 1 page over, McGuinness said they dont... no time  :o

McBrearty will be getting kicked off the squad for telling something out of school ;D

If he's been discovered  by Mr Brolly  buying chocolate  in a shop on Tory island at midnight,  he'll be  definitely off the panel.

armaghniac

Quote from: Blowitupref on May 08, 2024, 04:05:30 PMLeague and championship this year 10 games each.

Donegal have scored on average 18 points per match and conceded 13

Armagh have scored on average 18 points per match and conceded 12

Armagh didn't concede goals during the bulk of the league, but have done less well in recent games. If you do not concede more than one goal then you have a good chance of outscoring the opposition.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

tbrick18

I personally think that Donegal will be 4-5 point winners.
Donegal didn't get the credit they deserved for walloping Derry and were narrowly beaten in an Ulster final 2 years ago.
They've already beaten Armagh in a final this year, however, were didn't perform at the same level against tyrone as they did against Derry. Some of their attacking play against Tyrone was poor enough.
They have, in my opinion, a better manager and overall better players than Armagh.

Armagh have struggled to beat a limited Down team and were not that impressive against Fermanagh.
Ok, they are perhaps trying to peak for the final so may improve.
But they've done nothing in recent years to show they have the nerve to win a big game - I think they are just short a few players and need to focus on the football and not the physical antics they often get themselves involved in. If they focus on playing their own game and I think they'll do better than trying to out-tactic Donegal.

Of course I could be entirely wrong, just my read on it.

Orior

Any help finding me 3 tickets will be much appreciated.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

armaghniac

Quote from: tbrick18 on May 08, 2024, 07:00:59 PMBut they've done nothing in recent years to show they have the nerve to win a big game - I think they are just short a few players and need to focus on the football and not the physical antics they often get themselves involved in. If they focus on playing their own game and I think they'll do better than trying to out-tactic Donegal.

What physical antics? Have they been giving away more frees than the opposition? Have they had more cards?

Armagh18

Quote from: armaghniac on May 08, 2024, 08:16:41 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on May 08, 2024, 07:00:59 PMBut they've done nothing in recent years to show they have the nerve to win a big game - I think they are just short a few players and need to focus on the football and not the physical antics they often get themselves involved in. If they focus on playing their own game and I think they'll do better than trying to out-tactic Donegal.

What physical antics? Have they been giving away more frees than the opposition? Have they had more cards?
That bit is pure lazy analysis  although he does make good points other than that

Armamike

Quote from: tbrick18 on May 08, 2024, 07:00:59 PMI personally think that Donegal will be 4-5 point winners.
Donegal didn't get the credit they deserved for walloping Derry and were narrowly beaten in an Ulster final 2 years ago.
They've already beaten Armagh in a final this year, however, were didn't perform at the same level against tyrone as they did against Derry. Some of their attacking play against Tyrone was poor enough.
They have, in my opinion, a better manager and overall better players than Armagh.

Armagh have struggled to beat a limited Down team and were not that impressive against Fermanagh.
Ok, they are perhaps trying to peak for the final so may improve.
But they've done nothing in recent years to show they have the nerve to win a big game - I think they are just short a few players and need to focus on the football and not the physical antics they often get themselves involved in. If they focus on playing their own game and I think they'll do better than trying to out-tactic Donegal.

Of course I could be entirely wrong, just my read on it.

Hard to argue with most of that.  Time to finally step up for a few of our players and leave everything on the pitch.  I'm not overly hopeful though. I'd expect McGuinness will be better tactically and will have a plan to keep our best players quiet. Obviously hope to be very wrong...
That's just, like your opinion man.

J70

I don't know. I just have visions of Rian O'Neill giving a Tohillesque tour de force, driving Armagh on to win through sheer force of will.

Pundits leaning Armagh from what I've heard so far. "It's their time!" seems to be the consensus.

armaghniac

Quote from: J70 on Today at 12:10:39 AMI don't know. I just have visions of Rian O'Neill giving a Tohillesque tour de force, driving Armagh on to win through sheer force of will.
?
Pundits leaning Armagh from what I've heard so far. "It's their time!" seems to be the consensus.

tá ár lá anseo?