Author Topic: China Coronavirus  (Read 1062594 times)

RadioGAAGAA

• View Profile
Re: China Coronavirus
« Reply #18945 on: January 14, 2022, 09:20:50 PM »
So the home straight is in sight?

Hopefully.

(Very) far from infallible of course, so you could all be laughing at my stupidity in a few weeks.

Well... prob not laughing as it'll mean we'll have more of the f**king restrictions to deal with.
i usse an speelchekor

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #18946 on: January 14, 2022, 09:54:49 PM »
It tallies with what a friend of mine said to me the other day and tbh he knows his stuff. (Not from reading it on Facebook but his job). I trust him and hope you are both right!!

theskull1

• View Profile
« Reply #18947 on: January 14, 2022, 11:12:21 PM »
The EMA official raised concerns that a strategy of giving boosters every four months hypothetically poses the risk of overloading people's immune systems and leading to fatigue in the population.

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/eu-drug-regulator-says-more-data-needed-impact-omicron-vaccines-2022-01-11/
It’s a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #18948 on: January 15, 2022, 06:34:57 AM »
https://www.ft.com/content/42c5ff3d-e676-4076-9b9f-7243a00cba5e

Omicron’s 50 genetic changes include more than 30 on the spike protein, the exposed part of the virus that binds with human cells. Scientists expect these changes to make it more transmissible than the dominant Delta variant and more likely to evade the immune protection provided by vaccines or previous infection.

Omicron required a booster because it is so different to Delta. The vaccines only gave around 70% coverage.
The next variant may not be so different.
Lookit

lenny

• View Profile
« Reply #18949 on: January 15, 2022, 05:13:03 PM »
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has been diagnosed with heart lesions after recovering from Covid-19 at the Africa Cup of Nations. The Arsenal forward was ruled out of Gabon’s 1-1 draw against Ghana on Friday.

The “cardiac lesions” were found in a check by Confederation of African Football (CAF) medical officials, the Gabonese FA said in a statement. Officials examined Aubameyang after he returned following a positive Covid test. Two of his Gabon teammates, forward Axel Meyé and midfielder Mario Lemina, were both also found to have the same issue.

Joe public isn’t going through these extensive tests when they “get over” covid. Covid is going to leave a long lasting legacy and devastating impact on our health services and peoples health.

Last Man

• View Profile
« Reply #18950 on: January 15, 2022, 06:09:36 PM »
Plenty of work for the scientists! This is not a 1 size fits all. The risk factors have to be distilled further.

RadioGAAGAA

• View Profile
« Reply #18951 on: January 15, 2022, 07:11:41 PM »
Omicron required a booster because it is so different to Delta. The vaccines only gave around 70% coverage.
The next variant may not be so different.

Omicron up near our throats will always out-compete a variant that goes deeper into our lungs (and would hence be more dangerous)

i usse an speelchekor

Jim Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #18952 on: January 15, 2022, 07:19:12 PM »
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has been diagnosed with heart lesions after recovering from Covid-19 at the Africa Cup of Nations. The Arsenal forward was ruled out of Gabon’s 1-1 draw against Ghana on Friday.

The “cardiac lesions” were found in a check by Confederation of African Football (CAF) medical officials, the Gabonese FA said in a statement. Officials examined Aubameyang after he returned following a positive Covid test. Two of his Gabon teammates, forward Axel Meyé and midfielder Mario Lemina, were both also found to have the same issue.

Joe public isn’t going through these extensive tests when they “get over” covid. Covid is going to leave a long lasting legacy and devastating impact on our health services and peoples health.

Maybe not but I’m sure many other professional athletes , who had Covid , had them as well and nothing detected. Typical Scaremongering nonsense !!