Author Topic: 💩 DUP C*ntwatch - there's an election coming up soon...  (Read 191335 times)

RedHand88

• View Profile
Re: 💩 DUP C*ntwatch - somewhat back on-topic!
« Reply #2325 on: January 11, 2022, 02:55:19 PM »
I see the newsletter has produced more sectarian drivel today.

And another article today, this time Ruth Dudley Edwards. She wanted in on the action after Kate Hoey and Jamie Bryson got the headlines last week.

Lol its the same faces over and over and over.

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: January 11, 2022, 02:56:06 PM »

What is it?

Sorry missed this. I only scanned over it but it was a letter about how nationalists were weeding out all the weaker people and that was how they were becoming superior and nonsense like that. Stuff anyone except that boy Lowry wouldn't allow to be printed.

I scanned that letter. I did not see it in the negative terms you did.  Yes, it is sectarian in that it envisages two mutually exclusive communities, but that point of view is hardly unusual in the Newsletter. But the point of the letter as I saw it was that writer said that nationalists are not stuck in the past but are moving on and doing a good job, while our lot are fossils stuck in the past. Hard to disagree, really.

You can contrast that tone with Hoey's recent comments. She said there are too many Catholicks getting jobs, but she didn't draw the conclusion from that the Protestants needed to up their game.

There is a good letter today from Gerard Morgan, who is a retired TCD prof, to the effect that he would back Mary-Lou as a TCD graduate over anyone who went to QUB.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: January 11, 2022, 03:07:26 PM »
I must admit that I saw a snippet of it which may have been framed to make it look like that. The weeding out comment (or whatever the terminology was) was interesting in terms of what someone thought was going on by "nationalists". It was like there was a survival of the fittest going on lol.

Sportacus

• View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: January 11, 2022, 03:35:50 PM »
Sad to see Jim Shannon break down in the House of Commons.  Regardless of your politics, it was sad to see him struggle, still clearly emotional about the loss of his mother in law.  Boris Johnson is a lying privileged cnut, end of.

NAG1

• View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: January 11, 2022, 03:49:33 PM »
Sad to see Jim Shannon break down in the House of Commons.  Regardless of your politics, it was sad to see him struggle, still clearly emotional about the loss of his mother in law.  Boris Johnson is a lying privileged cnut, end of.

Sad of course, but I didnt hear him chirping up when his colleagues were mocking the health minister and the experts openly here.

If you want to have principles dont pick and choose the time to have them.

JPGJOHNNYG

• View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: January 11, 2022, 05:31:39 PM »

Sad of course, but I didnt hear him chirping up when his colleagues were mocking the health minister and the experts openly here.

Exactly or speak out against his mate Sammy joking about how trivial COVID is at every opportunity.

Main Street

• View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: January 11, 2022, 07:32:49 PM »

What is it?

Sorry missed this. I only scanned over it but it was a letter about how nationalists were weeding out all the weaker people and that was how they were becoming superior and nonsense like that. Stuff anyone except that boy Lowry wouldn't allow to be printed.

I scanned that letter. I did not see it in the negative terms you did.  Yes, it is sectarian in that it envisages two mutually exclusive communities, but that point of view is hardly unusual in the Newsletter. But the point of the letter as I saw it was that writer said that nationalists are not stuck in the past but are moving on and doing a good job, while our lot are fossils stuck in the past. Hard to disagree, really.

You can contrast that tone with Hoey's recent comments. She said there are too many Catholicks getting jobs, but she didn't draw the conclusion from that the Protestants needed to up their game.

There is a good letter today from Gerard Morgan, who is a retired TCD prof, to the effect that he would back Mary-Lou as a TCD graduate over anyone who went to QUB.
I took a different meaning altogether.
 Gerard humorously wrote that of course he found Mary Lou plausible, after all she was educated by him at TCD  and referring to the dullards of the DUP and UUP, he asked where were they educated, surely not at QUB? 

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: January 12, 2022, 09:13:42 AM »

Exactly or speak out against his mate Sammy joking about how trivial COVID is at every opportunity.

Sammy has some cheek on him, the radio was on BBC Ulster for some reason when I got in this morning to go to work and he was on giving off about Boris not following the rules! The brass neck on thon one 
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

imtommygunn

• View Profile
Re: 💩 DUP C*ntwatch - there's an election coming up soon...
« Reply #2333 on: January 12, 2022, 09:14:53 AM »
That picture of him with the ice cream and the fingernails as dirty as someone shovelling shite all day long  ;D As the saying goes - wiser eating grass.

Rois

• View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: January 12, 2022, 09:57:23 AM »
Within his first few sentences he’d brought up Michelle O’Neill attending Bobby Storey’s funeral.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: January 12, 2022, 10:16:00 AM »
Within his first few sentences he’d brought up Michelle O’Neill attending Bobby Storey’s funeral.

The guy is consistent ya have to give him that  ;D
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Applesisapples

• View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: January 13, 2022, 10:25:46 AM »
I have respected British aspirations all my life , including paying uk taxes and respecting the democratic process which keeps NI in the UK. That’s despite my community being on the receiving end of discrimination. I have unionist  friends and work colleagues and fully respect their identity and aspirations to remain part of the UK. I am happy to look at any realistic constitutional arrangements in these islands which will provide political and economic stability for future generations. I only wish My Irish identity had have been afforded a fraction of that respect . What I will not respect is political unionism remaining wedded to “project NI” ,  when it is the one arrangement which has actually been already tried and has hopelessly failed. The GFA afforded political unionism the opportunity to make this place work, but they remained begrudging and ungenerous , and presided over further decline. We are facing arguably the biggest challenge in the history of this planet never mind these islands, and political unionism is focussing on the protocol🙈, another convenient smokescreen for their political failures on real issues. Despite a ridiculously lobsided head start in 1921 and being heavily subsidised by the UK (though all UK regions continue to be shafted by the South of England elite) , NI scores increasingly  poorly on most parameters.
Are reasonable unionists such as yourself not embarrassed by these clowns , who purport to look after your interests,  “playing the fiddle as Rome burns”.
The Unionists I know , are angered by their politician‘s focus on the protocol, not the protocol itself, which many see as an opportunity.
Doug Beattie who has many worthy qualities , wants nationalists to buy into “making NI great” , but he’s not prepared to countenance an alternative to the constitutional position of NI. Unionism surely should be about stabilising British links and identity for future generations as opposed to a delusional view that NI status quo remains a runner. Like most nationalists I’ve had enough of “NI” and what it stands for. I hope for a better constitutional arrangement for all, but tbh like everyone i know , unionist and nationalist , I am too busy with the realities of life to worry about the protocol 🙈
A country's economic performance can ebb and flow over time.  The ROI being a case in point over the last 100 years.  As you rightly point out, embracing the protocol could have big economic benefits for NI down the line.
As for your comment in bold above, I would have thought that it was fairly obvious that the best way for Unionism to stabilise British links and identity would be by remaining within the union.
A legitimate aspiration. Made all the more unacceptable to the nationalist community with the continued attacks on any thing that even approaches Irish language, culture or identity. I have long stated that had NI reflect both nationalities, in symbolism and governance from 1922, we would not be in the place we now are. Nor would we have experienced 100 years of strife of varying levels. Unfortunately Unionist Politicians perpetuate this singular dominant British identity. I suspect judging by the friends I have from unionist backgrounds it is not wholly reflective of their entire community but unfortunately their voice is the loudest. Not even the moderate Doug Beattie has the balls to call out the DUP endorsed attacks on outspoken nationalist professionals for what it is, sectarian motivated rhetoric. And there in lies unionisms problem. The more these parties condone and foster this narrative the more nationalism will coalesce around unity.

yellowcard

• View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: January 15, 2022, 05:02:24 PM »
The DUP are the only political party to not have ruled out double jobbing. All the other parties have already stated that their MPs won't be standing for Stormont elections. If they don't move quickly to rule it out themselves then it would be hard not to come to the conclusion that some sort of deal was struck with the DUP to reintroduce it.   

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: January 15, 2022, 05:26:18 PM »
It has blatantly been setup for them and Jeffrey. Jeffrey will get voted in and then bring down stormont I suspect.

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: January 15, 2022, 10:13:39 PM »
Already this has been coined the Jeffreymander  :)
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B