Feile an Phobail

Started by StGallsGAA, August 11, 2016, 11:16:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Quote from: AustinPowers on August 15, 2022, 09:57:47 AM
Quote from: trailer on August 15, 2022, 09:45:37 AM
Quote from: screenexile on August 15, 2022, 09:43:53 AM
Feile taking an absolute hammering on Social Media. . . hard to argue with most of it when people are walking around wearing Up the Ra paraphernalia and the Wolfe Tones are belting out Go on Home British Soldiers.

In this day and age it doesn't really help anyone!!

The Larne player wearing that T-Shirt. More brains in a false face.

What was this about?

The T-Shirt I think says "Tiochfaidh ar La" in the shape of a Gun with "ooh ah up the Ra" underneath

Snapchap

Feile taking an absolute hammering on Social Media. . . hard to argue with most of it when people are walking around wearing Up the Ra paraphernalia

People? Or a person?

screenexile

Quote from: Snapchap on August 15, 2022, 10:29:45 AM
Feile taking an absolute hammering on Social Media. . . hard to argue with most of it when people are walking around wearing Up the Ra paraphernalia

People? Or a person?

Definitely people... I've seen a few different pics of ones wearing the Up the Ra headbands as well as the T-shirt Herron was wearing.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Kidder81 on August 15, 2022, 10:12:33 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 15, 2022, 09:51:12 AM
Feile taking an absolute hammering on Social Media. . . hard to argue with most of it when people are walking around wearing Up the Ra paraphernalia and the Wolfe Tones are belting out Go on Home British Soldiers.

People really need to grow past this shite. I wouldn't personally go to a Wolfe Tones concert if it was in my back garden. They are symptomatic of a period in our history which is no longer relevant. Young ones who weren't even born in 1998 when the GFA was signed running around with Up the Ra bandanas. They really need to wise up. By all means close the week out with an Irish band but by god move away from the Ra shit!

Wolfe Tones is guaranteed 10k people at £25 a pop, that's why it's the Wolfe Tones

I know that but to be honest we need to move away from that shite.

general_lee

Rebel songs have been sang since day dot, 10k people in the Falls Park for Wolfe Tones, out of ear shot and out of sight of any potential Loyalist who might be offended. Where do we go from here, ban rebel songs? Ban the Wolfe Tones?

For balance, every summer hundreds of parades take place consisting of militant bands that have more than a sneaking regard for the UVF, UDA, RHC or whatever Loyalist paramilitary group holds sway in their local area. Most if not all of these blood and thunder thugs are explicitly linked or supportive of loyalist paramilitaries. Its funny how there's not a peep out of those having their annual hissy fit over the Féile

screenexile

Quote from: general_lee on August 15, 2022, 10:58:37 AM
Rebel songs have been sang since day dot, 10k people in the Falls Park for Wolfe Tones, out of ear shot and out of sight of any potential Loyalist who might be offended. Where do we go from here, ban rebel songs? Ban the Wolfe Tones?

For balance, every summer hundreds of parades take place consisting of militant bands that have more than a sneaking regard for the UVF, UDA, RHC or whatever Loyalist paramilitary group holds sway in their local area. Most if not all of these blood and thunder thugs are explicitly linked or supportive of loyalist paramilitaries. Its funny how there's not a peep out of those having their annual hissy fit over the Féile

There it is . . . "sure they do it as well so what are you complaining about"

Nobody should be doing it is the point. As Newtown Emerson rightly put it SF and DUP agree funding for the Twelfth and the Feile then each complain about the other over the course of the summer.

Feile is publicly funded so it needs to move away from the IRA stuff.

If we're going to have a United Ireland with Unionists in it we can't be going around singing Up the Ra and f**k your Union Jack!

thewobbler

It's okay if we behave like c***ts, for themmuns over there are bigger c***ts and that's the real problem.

Pretty much Nationalism's stock answer to the Unionist mantra that they will happily sleep in a bed of shit as long as Nationalist beds are even shittier.

What a place the six counties is.

Kidder81

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 15, 2022, 10:45:27 AM

People really need to grow past this shite. I wouldn't personally go to a Wolfe Tones concert if it was in my back garden. They are symptomatic of a period in our history which is no longer relevant. Young ones who weren't even born in 1998 when the GFA was signed running around with Up the Ra bandanas. They really need to wise up. By all means close the week out with an Irish band but by god move away from the Ra shit!

Wolfe Tones is guaranteed 10k people at £25 a pop, that's why it's the Wolfe Tones

I totally agree but they are running it as a business

Eire90

if a united ireland is ever voted on then how can we keep these types from turning into a gloating session which will mean a retaliation from loyalists groups.

screenexile

Quote from: Kidder81 on August 15, 2022, 11:12:16 AM

It's supposed to be a Charity is it not?? Publicly funded as well!!

Also surely they could get another popular band who won't cause the same issues?

Kidder81

Quote from: screenexile on August 15, 2022, 11:22:41 AM
Quote from: Kidder81 on August 15, 2022, 11:12:16 AM

It's supposed to be a Charity is it not?? Publicly funded as well!!

Also surely they could get another popular band who won't cause the same issues?

Well it's de facto run by Sinn Fein but it's not a charity in the normal sense, probably more to do with auditing and accounting with "charity" status

theskull1

Sadly theres too much money to be made for venues when they book these artists. Republican leaders need to speak to this and move what it is to be a republican to a different way of being (and banish this sort of stuff to the past) IF they are interested in bringing as many people with them on the UI journey...... I thought that was what it was all about  :-\
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

general_lee

Quote from: screenexile on August 15, 2022, 11:03:51 AM

There it is . . . "sure they do it as well so what are you complaining about"

Nobody should be doing it is the point. As Newtown Emerson rightly put it SF and DUP agree funding for the Twelfth and the Feile then each complain about the other over the course of the summer.

Feile is publicly funded so it needs to move away from the IRA stuff.

If we're going to have a United Ireland with Unionists in it we can't be going around singing Up the Ra and f**k your Union Jack!
You seem to miss the point, Wolfe Tones can be cancelled for 2023.

general_lee

Quote from: thewobbler on August 15, 2022, 11:08:27 AM

It's okay if we behave like c***ts, for themmuns over there are bigger c***ts and that's the real problem.

Pretty much Nationalism's stock answer to the Unionist mantra that they will happily sleep in a bed of shit as long as Nationalist beds are even shittier.

What a place the six counties is.
You seem to miss the point, Wolfe Tones can be cancelled for 2023.

Kidder81

Quote from: theskull1 on August 15, 2022, 11:37:16 AM
Sadly theres too much money to be made for venues when they book these artists. Republican leaders need to speak to this and move what it is to be a republican to a different way of being (and banish this sort of stuff to the past) IF they are interested in bringing as many people with them on the UI journey...... I thought that was what it was all about  :-\

These events will all be in Casement if/when it's rebuilt