62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

illdecide

Quote from: marty34 on July 22, 2022, 05:34:47 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on July 22, 2022, 05:21:00 PM
Bit of transfer activity

https://www.celticfc.com/news/2022/july/19/double-signing-swoop-as-aaron-mooy-and-moritz-jenz-join-celtic/

Are they any better than what they've got already?

Mooy - is he not similiar to Mc Carthy and he's either injured or on the bench?

I think they need a bit more quality. Hopefully these two lads surprise us all.

Well we'll certainly give them a chance...
I was over at Norwich game at the weekend and they looked slick at times with good movement and first time quick football. The position we look the most rusty in is Centre Forward but we'll get there. I was reading over the weekend people were already slagging Mooy for his first 15-20 mins on the pitch...WTF. Some people are just ridiculous and too quick with their fingers on the keyboard nearly wanting the guy to make a mistake so they can type utter tripe.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

tonto1888

Quote from: illdecide on July 25, 2022, 09:28:10 AM
Bit of transfer activity

https://www.celticfc.com/news/2022/july/19/double-signing-swoop-as-aaron-mooy-and-moritz-jenz-join-celtic/

I was over at Norwich game at the weekend and they looked slick at times with good movement and first time quick football. The position we look the most rusty in is Centre Forward but we'll get there. I was reading over the weekend people were already slagging Mooy for his first 15-20 mins on the pitch...WTF. Some people are just ridiculous and too quick with their fingers on the keyboard nearly wanting the guy to make a mistake so they can type utter tripe.

Ive always said, had twitter been around after Henrik's debut he would have been slaughtered. People are far too quick to judge

Main Street

Quote from: illdecide on July 25, 2022, 09:28:10 AM
Bit of transfer activity

I think Celtic still need a gritty midfielder. 

118cmal

Would anyone know when the SPL will confirm the October fixture times for TV etc? Heading over to Glasgow for a weekend and would love to get a game in.

marty34

Quote from: 118cmal on August 16, 2022, 08:15:08 PM
Would anyone know when the SPL will confirm the October fixture times for TV etc? Heading over to Glasgow for a weekend and would love to get a game in.

I'd say if you check their fixture list, it ahould give details.

Although they're in Champions Lge this year, so they may have games on a Sunday for tv reasons.

tonto1888

Quote from: marty34 on August 16, 2022, 09:15:09 PM
Quote from: 118cmal on August 16, 2022, 08:15:08 PM

I'd say if you check their fixture list, it ahould give details.

Although they're in Champions Lge this year, so they may have games on a Sunday for tv reasons.

Unless they are playing CL on a Tuesday

Main Street

So far so good this season and there are good reasons to be positive that Celtic have a squad to hold their own in the CL group stages.
Apart from the style of the football and the technical proficiency in all positions, what stands out for me is the togetherness and 'brotherhood' of the team. Ange is not a cliche of a first season  manager anymore, riding along a wave of good vibrations from the fans, he has filled the manager's shoes, now it's the serious business of competing and  winning every game.
Sept 3rd v Rangers at Celtic Pk.

From the Bunker

Bad afternoon for the other side. 2 reds and a last gasp goal!

JimStynes

Massive game for Celtic tomorrow now! A win against them in a couple weeks could give a nice wee cushion for this early in the year. Still a bit worried by the quality in the squad. I can't really think of good players Celtic have brought in? What's big Julien at currently, why's he looking out? Seems to have put the feet up and stink the place out!

Dire Ear

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 20, 2022, 03:02:56 PM

A ref with a set?!

bennydorano

Quote from: Dire Ear on August 20, 2022, 06:02:28 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 20, 2022, 03:02:56 PM

A ref with a set?!
I watched the 2nd hslf and didn't think either of the 2 of them were reds tbh

illdecide

Quote from: JimStynes on August 20, 2022, 05:08:52 PM
Massive game for Celtic tomorrow now! A win against them in a couple weeks could give a nice wee cushion for this early in the year. Still a bit worried by the quality in the squad. I can't really think of good players Celtic have brought in? What's big Julien at currently, why's he looking out? Seems to have put the feet up and stink the place out!

Jim i have to disagree with you pal...I think it's the best squad we've had in a while, there is 2 men for each position with still a few signings to come in and ship a few out. C Jullien is the rotten apple in the barrel at the club and needs flushed out ASAP, spit the dummy out and Ange doesn't have players like that around him...Funny how all the French players gave trouble and downed tools at some point.

Big game tomorrow alright. I'm sitting here with 3 tickets and can't get over, just tried flights there for the morning and they're ridiculous price. Why would Airlines not sell unsold seats the night before for a reasonable price rather than have an empty seat...I don't get that.

Sevco had mixed results today, they're first penalty is the biggest joke. You really got to see what they got a penalty for and Hibs were denied one later for a worse foul. In saying that J Lundstrum's was never a red card but the Buffalo's was red and he knew exactly what he was doing, tried to smash the forearm into Hibs guy. Celtic win tomorrow and beat them in 2 weeks and that will be massive.

Jenz looks decent (although hasn't been tested yet)
Carter Vickers is good
Aaron Mooy looks decent, he'd be a £5m player we got for free
Jota is a class act

These guys were all signed this year.

Still need to ship out McCarthy, Ajeti, Jullien and put Mikey Johnston out on loan.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

From the Bunker

McCarthy has played 76 games in the last 6 seasons from 16/17 to 21/22.

33 of those games were with Palace in 19/20 season.

That leaves 43 games in the other 5 seasons.

JimStynes

Quote from: illdecide on August 20, 2022, 08:34:44 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on August 20, 2022, 05:08:52 PM

Jim i have to disagree with you pal...I think it's the best squad we've had in a while, there is 2 men for each position with still a few signings to come in and ship a few out. C Jullien is the rotten apple in the barrel in the club and needs flushed out ASAP, spit the dummy out and Ange doesn't have players like that around him...Funny how all the French players gave trouble and downed tools at some point.

Big game tomorrow alright. I'm sitting here with 3 tickets and can't get over, just tried flights there for the morning and they're ridiculous price. Why would Airlines not sell unsold seats the night before for a reasonable price rather than have an empty seat...I don't get that.

Sevco had mixed results today, they're first penalty is the biggest joke. You really got to see what they got a penalty for and Hibs were denied one later for a worse foul. In saying that J Lundstrum's was never a red card but the Buffalo's was red and he knew exactly what he was doing, tried to smash the forearm into Hibs guy. Celtic win tomorrow and beat them in 2 weeks and that will be massive.

Jenz looks decent (although hasn't been tested yet)
Carter Vickers is good
Aaron Mooy looks decent, he'd be a £5m player we got for free
Jota is a class act

These guys were all signed this year.

Still need to ship out McCarthy, Ajeti, Jullien and put Mikey Johnston out on loan.

Maybe I'm under estimating the squad. I was just underwhelmed with the transfers that have been brought in. Celtic have secured a few fellas that they had already at the club but other than that I'm not sure who I'm excited about. Big Rogic leaving was a shock and I don't think he even has a club yet. Very strange he left considering he was playing great football again. Some dead wood knocking about the place though right enough.

An Watcher

Always liked Mccarthy but haven't a clue why they signed such an injury prone player