The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kidder81

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 29, 2022, 05:11:14 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on May 29, 2022, 05:10:10 PM
Why is he leaving? Is it purely money?

Wants to win the league and CL

He already has  :-\

I'm assuming more money elsewhere, Liverpool wouldn't be falling over themselves to break the bank for a player who is 30.

Kidder81

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 29, 2022, 03:53:57 PM
Quote from: Kidder81 on May 29, 2022, 02:03:41 PM
Mane leaving according to Fabrizio Romano

No surprise there. He has been in another place this season. You see it in after on field and dressing room celebrations after winning the 2 Domestic Cups, he's never with the main entourage.

I get your point but he usually stays away from the booze spraying etc as he's a strict Muslim. I have read somewhere before he asks players not to spray it near him 

Hound

Phenomenal season!

Played every game possible is unbelievable, plus Mane and Salah having to go to the African championships and playing every game there. Unreal to come away with two firsts and two seconds in the four competitions. Of course 4 out of 4 was the aim, albeit unrealistic, but we've managed to win both the league and European Cup very recently, against the odds, so that eases the disappointment considerably.

We can't compete with City in the transfer market , so to get within a point of the league and be ahead of them in the other three comps is a fantastic achievement.

Probably in for a dip next season, but one thing we know is that they'll give 100% in every game. The team has a number of weaknesses, but this season was the best of times for a Liverpool supporter and I enjoyed every single second, notwithstanding that we can't win every game

Milltown Row2

To quote the legend:

"If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing"

So two outta four ain't bad but save me the so many points crap, that's down to how poor the other teams are in the league this year!!

The teams were even more crap last year to allow Utd to be in the same position.

Liverpool will need to replace Mane and have better replacements than Milner also Trent needs to apply a defensive part to his game, teams target that area for a reason.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hound

Yep, agreed Liverpool were super.  Plenty of weaknesses in the team, but every player gives 100% in every game.
We will not win every game, and over the course of the season, we won more games than we should have. We even had an young Irish goalkeeper scoring the winning goal in the league cup final! Amazing!

Win, lose or draw, you just can't help being happy that these lads are your team.

manfromdelmonte

Genuinely sorry for all the true decent fans who had tickets but couldn't get into stadium
Seeing fans in wheelchair stuck at security gates is disgraceful

But they can srart to blame their fellow 'supporters' who travelled to Paris with no tickets then rocked up to the ground with fake tickets and tried to scale fences and force way past security. This has happened in the past as well. 

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on May 30, 2022, 07:55:25 AM
Genuinely sorry for all the true decent fans who had tickets but couldn't get into stadium

But they can srart to blame their fellow 'supporters' who travelled to Paris with no tickets then rocked up to the ground with fake tickets and tried to scale fences and force way past security. This has happened in the past as well.

I think that a lot of the videos I saw were local youths in the area taking advantage of the situation and getting into the ground, the problem the police did it seems was fearing what happened at the Euros final at Wembley with the England fans, maybe thinking the same was going to happen here.

Their actual planning of this was very poor it seems. Of course there was always going to be fans travelling to the game without tickets, and there will always be ones with counterfeit tickets, thankfully there was no deaths at the game, few muggings though which wouldn't be nice..

I just find it strange how the same amount of supporters would have been at the semi final games even the quarter final games and they all went off with no issues of note but this one has been run differently, and with another final run smoothly in the south of the country the same day you'd wonder how it had no issues, you'd imagine the same protocol's were used
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

There are a lot of different stories doing the rounds on this. I think a few things that I can gauge - they shut gates and funneled loads of fans into smaller areas than need be, there were more layers of ticket checking by police inside and definitely there was indiscriminate tear gassing on people young and old which were out of order.

The reports of who was jumping fences were seemed mixed. Some put it as clear cut that it was Liverpool fans and some countered this showing Madrid fans. I don't think it's a clear cut Liverpool fans were wrong and I think some authorities have a lot to answer for here.

One thing I suspect is the number of fraudulent tickets were off the chart. 

Kidder81

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 30, 2022, 08:59:08 AM
There are a lot of different stories doing the rounds on this. I think a few things that I can gauge - they shut gates and funneled loads of fans into smaller areas than need be, there were more layers of ticket checking by police inside and definitely there was indiscriminate tear gassing on people young and old which were out of order.

The reports of who was jumping fences were seemed mixed. Some put it as clear cut that it was Liverpool fans and some countered this showing Madrid fans. I don't think it's a clear cut Liverpool fans were wrong and I think some authorities have a lot to answer for here.

One thing I suspect is the number of fraudulent tickets were off the chart.

I had read that it was no higher than previous finals, hard to know I suppose.

The local French youths seemed like right low lifes. Saw videos of loads of them trying to force their way in. That area around the stadium supposed to be a proper shithole. Saw a few videos (later deleted) of Liverpool fans "climbing fences" to force their way in, that turned out to be them climbing off a ramp to avoid being crushed.

quit yo jibbajabba

Aint nothin genuine about you chap when it comes to Liverpool. Other than your hatred which comes out fairly regular for all to see. But sure keep chirpin about Heysel as long as it makes you happy

imtommygunn

I was reading from a dub journalist (bit Ireland match news guy)  on twitter that the police basically evacuated after and there were gangs of these youths on the streets waiting for people and it seemed more or less impossible not to get robbed. It probably depended the specific area but it doesn't sound like the French police have covered themselves in glory here.

Armamike

Are you still trying to peddle this?  Get up to speed as UEFA have now come out and retracted their earlier disgraceful misinformation/lies and admitted it was the French authorities was the issue.  Any eye witness accounts and camera footage show a small number of people jump fences.  Locals by the looks of it -not one Liverpool jersey.  At every game there's a few people chancing their arm trying to get in with fake tickets. That wasn't the issue here - the organisation was chaotic and fcuk all do with people 'rocking up' with false tickets.  Access to the entry gates at the Liverpool end was blocked off for some bizarre reason, leaving 20000 supporters queuing for hours to pass through a narrow space.  Innocent supporters, families, kids, getting teargassed for no reason. By all accounts the Liverpool supporters showed amazing restraint and calm in the face of it, probably for many the horror of Hillsborough was in the back of their minds.    It now looks like the French police and organisers decided from before the match they would take a very heavy handed approach to Liverpool supporters compared to Madrid. 
That's just, like your opinion man.

Armamike

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 30, 2022, 08:54:16 AM

I think that a lot of the videos I saw were local youths in the area taking advantage of the situation and getting into the ground, the problem the police did it seems was fearing what happened at the Euros final at Wembley with the England fans, maybe thinking the same was going to happen here.

Their actual planning of this was very poor it seems. Of course there was always going to be fans travelling to the game without tickets, and there will always be ones with counterfeit tickets, thankfully there was no deaths at the game, few muggings though which wouldn't be nice..

I just find it strange how the same amount of supporters would have been at the semi final games even the quarter final games and they all went off with no issues of note but this one has been run differently, and with another final run smoothly in the south of the country the same day you'd wonder how it had no issues, you'd imagine the same protocol's were used

They were given the game fairly late on as a stand in for Petersburg but that's no excuse.  It looks like they had 2 days to prepare rather than 2 months.  One of the strangest things for me was why there was no security cordon around the stadium.  If they were really worried about ticketless fans storming the place why didn't they have the usual checks further out? Every other champions league final this is the case.  On AI final day you can't get down Jones Road without showing your ticket. It's not good enough.
That's just, like your opinion man.