The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Not on here to gloat. Only saw the goal and the last 5 minutes. But fair fucks to the LFC players giving it their all, in all the competitions all season. That's all any fan wants from their team isn't it?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

RedHand88

Turf

Best team lost imo but my god do Madrid know how to win European Finals.
Disappointing for Liverpool fans but they'll be back next season. Competing in all competitions caught up on them in the end.
Would expect Liverpool to bounce back next season. I think they need a few new faces to freshen it up though.

Turf

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 28, 2022, 10:41:29 PM
Not on here to gloat. Only saw the goal and the last 5 minutes. But fair fucks to the LFC players giving it their all, in all the competitions all season. That's all any fan wants from their team isn't it?
Dunno who you support but yeah would agree with that. They gave their all can't ask for anymore. Losing to Madrid in a European Final is no embarrassment even if Liverpool were the better team.

HiMucker

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 28, 2022, 10:32:23 PM
Dunno about the rest of you but I found the whole performance very flat despite all the possession and chances. It's a simple game and if you don't stick the ball in the back of the net all other statistics are irrelevant.
Aye that's it. If you don't score you can have no complaints. Just a wee bit of magic missing for Liverpool. They were the better team. They are some team and with a couple of good signings they will be there or there abouts next year again. Hard luck to all the Liverpool men.

ONeill

Feel bad for Klopp. At their best, Liverpool were the best in Europe this year. They were wobbling lately though and I don't think it was the pressure of a quadruple. They just ran out of steam and you could see it over the last 4 weeks. Those calling them bottlers and chokers are out of order. To win 2 cups is great.

Bad luck to all the Liverpool fans on here. You deserved more than this. I think they'll give the quad a shot again next year, with maybe one or two additions.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Milltown Row2

So just a cup double then, brilliant season though
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

thewobbler

Quote from: screenexile on May 28, 2022, 10:33:40 PM
Klopp the flop!

Do you ever say things and wonder why you said them?

If klopp is a flop, you've a bar so high it can't be crossed.

—-

Not sure what to make of that. Why Liverpool have become so toothless in recent finals is a mystery.

I remember being shocked (and in fairness, in awe) that Klopp dropped his full press attacking football once they scored that early goal against Spurs. Winning was more important than how they won. He'd a reputation for bottling finals up to that point (I believe). There does seem to have been a conservatism to how they've approached finals since then.... Even though his side his improved dramatically.

red hander

Neutral. But sorry to see Scousers lose. Any support that boos GSTQ (salute to you Wrexham too) is f**king fine by me.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: thewobbler on May 28, 2022, 10:52:14 PM
Quote from: screenexile on May 28, 2022, 10:33:40 PM
Klopp the flop!

Do you ever say things and wonder why you said them?

If klopp is a flop, you've a bar so high it can't be crossed.

—-

Screenexile is a bit of a cheerleader for Manchester City. It upset him when someone said Pep Guardiola was a flop for not knocking Real Madrid out.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Turf on May 28, 2022, 10:45:45 PM
Dunno who you support but yeah would agree with that. They gave their all can't ask for anymore. Losing to Madrid in a European Final is no embarrassment even if Liverpool were the better team.

Manchester United fan.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Turf

Liverpool need to prioritise the Premier League next season imo.
Looks like Mane is going, Salah has been poor since the AFCON.
Need to freshen it up. Maybe go all out for a mega signing like City did with Haaland.
They nearly pulled it off but I think going for the Quad probably cost them the the League and CL.
What a fantastic team though. Anyone having a go at them hasn't a clue about football.
Seemed Madrid were destined to win it.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 28, 2022, 10:57:19 PM

Manchester United fan.

Farr is also a Mayo fan, so he knows about players giving it their all, in all the competitions all season. That's all any Mayo fan wants from their team isn't it?

Armamike

No complaints. Best team won. Liverpool had to be clinical to beat this side as they sure as hell would take the one chance that fell their way. Liverpool are now regularly playing in champions leagues finals and at the business end of the league. Not a bad place to be. Will be back next  year challenging and will win the big ones again sooner than later. If bottling it is getting 90 plus points in the league long live the bottlers.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Turf

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 28, 2022, 11:02:24 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 28, 2022, 10:57:19 PM

Manchester United fan.

Farr is also a Mayo fan, so he knows about players giving it their all, in all the competitions all season. That's all any Mayo fan wants from their team isn't it?
That's all any sports fan wants from their team/county/country.