Assange & wikileaks

Started by heganboy, April 11, 2019, 02:22:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heganboy

With the arrest this morning all of the hysterical right vs left hysteria will dominate the news.

In the US there is an ongoing debate as to whether the publication of the Revelations of the US spying on emails and electronic communications was public interest or treason. Very strong opinions on both sides.

Speculation ongoing as to whether Assange extradition is to silence him or to flip him regarding the 2016 presidential election.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

seafoid

I wouldn't have much sympathy for him
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

GetOverTheBar

At first I was rather sympathetic to his cause....the more I read on him...not so much.

His damage is done though, what more he offers / threatens is most likely all behind him.

quit yo jibbajabba

Yeah whats the story with this guy why all the hate etc...seen a fair bit online today

Hound

Making a rape allegation against somebody is a sure fire way to turn public opinion. 

trailer

He took on the establishment..... and lost. Divisive figure.

weareros

Can't believe James Horan was part of the arrest. Those Mayo lads are everywhere.

heganboy

Quote 1:
"Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press."

Assange is being extradited on charges of actively encouraging Manning
(in response to Chelsea Manning saying "after this upload that's all I really have got left")
Assange replied "curious eyes never run dry in my experience"

Not trying to equate the two, but where the hell do you draw the line. If wiki are getting dinged on this does that mean that the NY times is protected by freedom of speech, but any other paper that ran the story (like the guardian) should expect its board, leaders and journalists get arrested and extradited.

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: weareros on April 11, 2019, 06:25:07 PM
Can't believe James Horan was part of the arrest. Those Mayo lads are everywhere.

;D

Owen Brannigan

Hopefully heading to Sweden to answer original charges of rape/sexual assault that made him hide out in Ecuador for 7 years. Probably never get to US to answer hacking charges and this is being put out as propaganda by supporters to hide the sexual assault complaints in Sweden.

macdanger2

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on April 13, 2019, 10:33:14 AM
Hopefully heading to Sweden to answer original charges of rape/sexual assault that made him hide out in Ecuador for 7 years. Probably never get to US to answer hacking charges and this is being put out as propaganda by supporters to hide the sexual assault complaints in Sweden.

Have those charges not been dropped?

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: macdanger2 on April 13, 2019, 11:48:19 AM

They were never dropped.

macdanger2

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on April 13, 2019, 04:04:37 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on April 13, 2019, 11:48:19 AM

They were never dropped.

It seems from this that they were

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-39973864

Main Street

I don't know about Assanta  but the Wikileaks site is an excellent idea and source.