Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

It's not the Gaa's fault we're not closing our schools up here Dublin or otherwise. What should they do? Leave everything on because the uk government won't shut schools?

Comment makes as much sense as blaming the Antrim chairman for it.

Belfast GAA man

No one wants a United Ireland more than me But reality is we r one sporting organization in the 6 counties banning activity when everyone else is playing away ... pissing in the wind comes to
Mind

imtommygunn

So just carry on in the six counties and never mind the rest? The schools will shut soon enough and the Gaa have done the right thing here. Pissing in the wind or not it's a responsible decision. Every little will hopefully help.

johnnycool

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on March 12, 2020, 09:46:53 PM
No one wants a United Ireland more than me But reality is we r one sporting organization in the 6 counties banning activity when everyone else is playing away ... pissing in the wind comes to
Mind

rugby and soccer (SBYL anyway) all stopped as well.

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: johnnycool on March 13, 2020, 03:36:11 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on March 12, 2020, 09:46:53 PM
Mind

rugby and soccer (SBYL anyway) all stopped as well.
Crazy time all Right - the advice in the free state is gatherings of up to 100 ok iNdoors and 500 outdoors - GAA on solo run here imo

paddyjohn

Favourite club championship game in the last 20 years?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on March 16, 2020, 07:53:28 PM
Favourite club championship game in the last 20 years?

10 years ago today, Croke Park  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Belfast GAA man

PG1 v LD under ligts at Queens - drama unbelievable and free takers B...s of steel

bannside

Assuming it involves Antrim clubs PJ.

Biased... but I was on the line in 2009 when PGI beat Creggan by a point. Paul and Brian Mc Iver were preparing Creggan and we nipped them with a majestic Tony Convery point in the last minute of a cliffhanger.

Allowed a couple of answers? The match at the Dub as mentioned above will be hard to top...it had the lot!

But the greatest...St Galls beating Nemo in Portlaoise in the All Ireland Semi. Cork had 9 Cork senior panellists and St Galls held them scoreless from play for 40 minutes.  We wont see a performance like that again from an Antrim club team in my lifetime.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bannside on March 17, 2020, 03:28:00 PM

Biased... but I was on the line in 2009 when PGI beat Creggan by a point. Paul and Brian Mc Iver were preparing Creggan and we nipped them with a majestic Tony Convery point in the last minute of a cliffhanger.

Allowed a couple of answers? The match at the Dub as mentioned above will be hard to top...it had the lot!

But the greatest...St Galls beating Nemo in Portlaoise in the All Ireland Semi. Cork had 9 Cork senior panellists and St Galls held them scoreless from play for 40 minutes.  We wont see a performance like that again from an Antrim club team in my lifetime.

Yeah the match at Portlaois was something else! The cheeky feckers dandered into hotel for brunch! They got a lovely welcome  ;D  that was Rafferty at his best. No hotel for our lads they stayed at priest lodgings had mass that morning! Made a good few bob that day in the bookies, they had us at 6/1 or something more
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: bannside on March 17, 2020, 03:28:00 PM

Antrim clubs yeah..

Hoof Hearted

The semi final a couple of years ago when Tomas scored that goal past about 44 blue jerseys is hard to beat
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on March 17, 2020, 04:09:25 PM
The semi final a couple of years ago when Tomas scored that goal past about 44 blue jerseys is hard to beat

Was a classic, though I was eating dinner at Zen that night. They are a great team

Na Glinntí Glasa

our first hurling championship win in 1990. i was only 13 at the time so didn't really full appreciate what it meant to the older people around me and how much the club desperately wanted to win it.

i was lucky enough to have been to every game that year right up to the All Ireland semi final against Glenmore in Nolan Park and witnessed that first piece of history and therein the next lot of years and the success it brought.
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunloy realist on March 19, 2020, 10:40:21 AM
our first hurling championship win in 1990. i was only 13 at the time so didn't really full appreciate what it meant to the older people around me and how much the club desperately wanted to win it.

i was lucky enough to have been to every game that year right up to the All Ireland semi final against Glenmore in Nolan Park and witnessed that first piece of history and therein the next lot of years and the success it brought.

That breakthrough team reminds me so much of our team of the 2000, great mix of kids coming through with that older heads for experience! Great times and an exciting team to watch, not so much when playing against them!