Coleraine
    Larne
    Limavady
    Londonderry
    Ballyclare
    Magherafelt
    Omagh
    Strabane

Anyone know where I can get a list of the exact car parks that are going to be charged from now on??

Tony Baloney

The free car park off the Friary Road (behind the chapel) in Armagh would be ripe for a touch as it is rammed every day.

clarshack

glad to see dungannon not in that list

ziggysego

Are they purposely trying to kill of town centre shopping and pushing people to outter town shopping centres?
Testing Accessibility

thewobbler

Ziggy, I don't agree with this. The biggest problem with free parking is that the early birds - office workers, shop workers - get the spaces for the day, and you can't get parked close to town centres, without driving around for half an hour.

Since they started charging (40p per hour) for parking in Newry, I can now again visit Hill Street and do my shopping there. Two years ago it was a nightmare to get close.

Don Johnson

In Lurgan the car park on North Street is always packed, though it closes at night and if you are locked in you can go to the parish house and get it opened up so I don't know who owns it?

Where else could they charge in Lurgan? William Street car park? Behind the Cellar?

Also see the fines are going up from £60 to £90. There are still so many people just blatantly ignore the wardens around the town, hopefully this will stop them. These are the same people who constantly give off about the parking wardens etc but still park illegally even though there are spaces no more than five minutes away. Lazy bastards!

JUst retired

The car park in North St. is owned by the parish. the big problem with it is entry and exit on to the street.
The wardens in Lurgan seem to ignore the taxi drivers who park in loading bays, invalid spaces.double yellow lines and a bus stops. >:(

Milltown Row2

Just noticed that the car park in Whiteabbey village has the paid parking sign up, fooking wankers, theres about 2 bars and 7 or 8 shops of various things and they are now charging you to park to nip in and get something!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

fitzroyalty

Quote from: Don Johnson on April 19, 2012, 12:47:37 PM
In Lurgan the car park on North Street is always packed, though it closes at night and if you are locked in you can go to the parish house and get it opened up so I don't know who owns it?

Where else could they charge in Lurgan? William Street car park? Behind the Cellar?

Also see the fines are going up from £60 to £90. There are still so many people just blatantly ignore the wardens around the town, hopefully this will stop them. These are the same people who constantly give off about the parking wardens etc but still park illegally even though there are spaces no more than five minutes away. Lazy b**tards!
They're wasting their time charging in Lurgan. People will just park in Tesco. Or Lidl. Nothing to do with laziness, the only reason you'd park in the town centre is if you're nipping to the atm/bank. In which case the bastards will pounce out of nowhere. c***ts. 

Don Johnson

Why not just park at Tesco and walk up to the bank machine then?

fitzroyalty

Why would I park in Tesco when they can only give you a ticket if you have been parked a certain amount of time?

JUst retired

There are ATM machines in Tesco store. No need to go up the town for that. ;)

Don Johnson

Quote from: fitzroyalty on April 20, 2012, 02:34:00 PM
Why would I park in Tesco when they can only give you a ticket if you have been parked a certain amount of time?

You are about two minutes away from the Vivo bank machines, why do you go up the town for an ATM at all?

Back to the original topic, where are they charging for parking in Lurgan?

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 20, 2012, 09:03:41 AM
Just noticed that the car park in Whiteabbey village has the paid parking sign up, fooking w**kers, theres about 2 bars and 7 or 8 shops of various things and they are now charging you to park to nip in and get something!!

Whiteabbey went over to "paid" last Monday & there was a heavy concentration of NSL wardens all last week. Car park now sits mostly empty, all day every day.

dillinger

Is that the one facing the off licence in Whiteabbey? Good memories of Whiteabbey. :) Think the one in Bangor will be the fairly large carpark off Southwell Road. May as well shut the rest of the shops in Bangor now.