Christmas Drink Offers

Started by Don Johnson, December 07, 2011, 11:17:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Johnson

So who's doing the best deals now in the run up to Christmas for drink so I can get my slug on for the cheapest price? Specifically up north I'm talking about.

I saw yesterday Tesco were doing 24 bottles of bud for £15 or 48 for £25, any advance on that? I'm a slugging machine me.

Minder

Tescos were doing 12 bottles of Corona, Tiger, San Miguel, Sol for 9 of your English pounds. Dunno if it is still on.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Hashtag

Drop by numerous friends houses on Christmas week. They will have the fridge stacked. Cost= Nil.

Don Johnson

Thats just ok really.

The heady days of the crazy loss leading deals seem to be over, I remember a couple of years ago Asda or Sainsbursy were doing 3 crates (20x300ml) of Coors Light for £16! Them were the days, I slugged myself senseless that year.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Don Johnson on December 07, 2011, 11:17:21 AM
So who's doing the best deals now in the run up to Christmas for drink so I can get my slug on for the cheapest price? Specifically up north I'm talking about.

I saw yesterday Tesco were doing 24 bottles of bud for £15 or 48 for £25, any advance on that? I'm a slugging machine me.

Sounds like a plan, just don't let Joe Brollly read this thread, he will turn us all into mad raging alcos in his next artilce in the Gaelic Life :D

Hashtag

LIDL usually do good deals but the Tesco offer of £1.60 a bottle seems hard to wack.

screenexile

Couple of decent ones in Tesco. 12 Corona for £9 jumps out at me. Actually I might purchase 3 cases on the way home today come to think of it!

5 Sams

45 bottles of Becks (3 cases x 15) for £22 in Sainsburys.

Same offer for other "beer" such as Bud, Stella, Kronenbourg.
The Aristocrat Years

Tony Baloney

Quote from: 5 Sams on December 07, 2011, 11:10:38 PM

Only a rude bastard would pass up 45 bottles of beer for 22 quid.

Puckoon

Quote from: 5 Sams on December 07, 2011, 11:10:38 PM

Now Becks isnt great - but Stella is a decent lager. Kronenbourg (1664, I am presuming) however is lager for Kings!! Can only find it in one store here in town - but there's always a few in the fridge.

Smells like pot though.

Don Johnson

This is what happens when you lend someone your password. I never use the word slug.

Any offers on Magners?

The Worker

Quote from: Don Johnson on December 08, 2011, 06:42:00 PM
This is what happens when you lend someone your passport. I never use the word slug.

Any offers on Magners?

who did you lend your passport to don?

Archie Mitchell

Tesco - 12 Peroni for £10 and 12 Corona for £9
Asda - 12 Bud for £7 and 10 Coors Light for £7

gerry

asda,  miller 12 bottles for £6
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

AQMP

Tesco 1ltr Tanqueray Gin £16stg (just over €19 at yesterday's rate).  Good stuff, much stronger than Gordon's etc.