The Future for Laois Football

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, July 05, 2021, 12:26:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tintin84

Great appointment, Great to see a new man get his foot under the table, Wonder who his backroom team is? hoping this can be the start of something good, He has the intercounty experience won an All Ireland in the minor so ticks all the boxes.

SCFC

A very promising group of players. Have done well under Gordon Lalor from under 14 to under 16. It's a pity Gordon couldn't stay with them next year but hopefully Conor will bring a freshness to the group.

Tintin84

How have this group been coming up,? Probably haven't done much in the last year and a half, Any word on minor backroom team heard donie brennan isn't involved.

Spiritof86

Quote from: Tintin84 on October 26, 2021, 09:48:18 AM
Great appointment, Great to see a new man get his foot under the table, Wonder who his backroom team is? hoping this can be the start of something good, He has the intercounty experience won an All Ireland in the minor so ticks all the boxes.

Agreed . Exactly what we need . A fresh face with fresh ideas . Best of luck to him .

Smellyball

Good to see a Clonaslee man ticking boxes rather than throwing them.

town1980

No need to be smart there was box's thrown in this year's championship and a deafening silence is all I can say

The PRO

Quote from: Smellyball on October 27, 2021, 02:45:39 PM

Good to see a Clonaslee man ticking boxes rather than throwing them.

:D :D :D

Tintin84

Heard on the laois today podcast, That Paddy Dunne from Rosenallis is gone in as coach for the laois minors with Conor Gorman, the man is after havinga great few years with Rosenallis good to see him taking the next step up into Intercounty coaching. So that's Donie Brennan and Paddy Dunne that's a strong Minor management in my eyes and all in there mid/late 30s. Looking forward to see what they can do now.

Target Man

Quote from: Tintin84 on October 28, 2021, 06:12:18 PM
Heard on the laois today podcast, That Paddy Dunne from Rosenallis is gone in as coach for the laois minors with Conor Gorman, the man is after havinga great few years with Rosenallis good to see him taking the next step up into Intercounty coaching. So that's Donie Brennan and Paddy Dunne that's a strong Minor management in my eyes and all in there mid/late 30s. Looking forward to see what they can do now.

If true great to see young coaches who have shown ability at club level like Paddy and Conor involved with our county teams.

Donie has also shown promise as a coach, it might be tough juggle this job with his Laois Ladies role though

Chrimtain

We should be taking a leaf out of Clare GAA's book and adopting their root and branch overhaul of their structues..........

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/clare-gaa-may-move-quickly-to-implement-blueprint-for-radical-revamp-41011818.html

SCFC

Quote from: Tintin84 on October 28, 2021, 06:12:18 PM

I've heard Donie is not involved.

Robbo

Seems Sheehan has been working hard putting a panel together. Met a lot of the established players 1 on 1 to discuss plans for the year. Wide net case with a lot of young players been asked to come in.

The PRO

Quote from: Robbo on November 06, 2021, 06:53:56 AM
Seems Sheehan has been working hard putting a panel together. Met a lot of the established players 1 on 1 to discuss plans for the year. Wide net case with a lot of young players been asked to come in.
Have heard that too. Have heard that quite a few players have turned down the chance to join.

Zooming around

Quote from: The PRO on November 06, 2021, 08:17:14 AM
Have heard that too. Have heard that quite a few players have turned down the chance to join.

This is continually our biggest problem in both codes. The manager will always get the blame for performances and results but most of the time he is not dealing from a full deck.

The PRO

Quote from: Zooming around on November 06, 2021, 09:23:10 AM
Quote from: The PRO on November 06, 2021, 08:17:14 AM

This is continually our biggest problem in both codes. The manager will always get the blame for performances and results but most of the time he is not dealing from a full deck.
I couldn't agree more. Every year, in both codes, lads opt out. Fair enough, I get that it's an amateur sport and a lads choice, but I honestly can't remember the last time we had all players committed to the county senior team.