Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lumpitin

Quote from: Boysinrednblackrback on April 13, 2022, 02:55:31 PM
Big news circulating that a management team of Pete McGrath, Pete Jnr, Kevin McKernan and Shorty Trainor is taking over to the end of the year after last nights peace negotiations broke down

Who the hell is this guy?
Moderator can you please ban him for making false accusations as the two McGraths will be managing burren reserves to a junior title in down next year after they walk the reserve championships this year by winning with 40 points to spare in each game

clubman21

Quote from: Boysinrednblackrback on April 13, 2022, 03:03:18 PM
Quote from: clubman21 on April 13, 2022, 02:57:23 PM
Wheres this news been circulating
Email sent out to all clubs regarding starred players for tomorrow night had this information contained in it
If it was sent to all clubs a more regular poster would have heard, ie not an account who started posting today

Brick Tamlin

Its ridiculous.
Bit of a climb down from Burren Reserves mind you

clubman21

Plenty in the Irish news about McCartan, pete mcgraths name not mentioned though... :)

Mourne Red

Quote from: clubman21 on April 14, 2022, 09:57:20 AM
Plenty in the Irish news about McCartan, pete mcgraths name not mentioned though... :)

Think the Mods banned him (can't see his posts anymore) - fair play Mod5

Truth hurts

Some bad press for us over the last week and I hope everyone can knuckle down now and concentrate on Monaghan. If the players have anything in them then they should be chomping at the bit to get going. I have just listened to John Fegans South Down football podcast for this week and there were some good points from Sean O'Hare about people blaming others and he stated that the clubs got rid of McCorry and Tally. Pete jnr in a Burren top though  :o :o

Onto the club scene, there are some humdingers on offer tonight and I still am unsure where to go to. Where would be the best game to go to tonight?

lumpitin

Quote from: Truth hurts on April 14, 2022, 12:26:05 PM
Some bad press for us over the last week and I hope everyone can knuckle down now and concentrate on Monaghan. If the players have anything in them then they should be chomping at the bit to get going. I have just listened to John Fegans South Down football podcast for this week and there were some good points from Sean O'Hare about people blaming others and he stated that the clubs got rid of McCorry and Tally. Pete jnr in a Burren top though  :o :o

Onto the club scene, there are some humdingers on offer tonight and I still am unsure where to go to. Where would be the best game to go to tonight?
CLANN NA BANNA   vs   TECONNAUGHT for me will be a cracker of a game ;D

manwithnoplan

Burren v M'Bridge possibly for the best quality on offer, or if you're an east Down man Loughinisland v RGU should be tightly contested, RGU will be desperate for a win after last week's defeat and it has the local derby edge to it.

rosskarr

Most people go to their own Club's fixtures during League and then go to various other games during the Championship. 8)

Johnnysboys

A few surprising results tonight in the league. Burren hammering Mayobridge and Clonduff beating the All Ireland champions are two that I wouldn't have called. We had a typical derby with Rostrevor but thankfully came out on the right side of the result. Some impressive performances from our lads.
I hope the injury suffered by Conor McGrady (which led to the game being abandoned) isn't too bad.

elk

Thought the ref had a good game. Wasn't whistle happy and took no nonsense from the side line.

wobbller

Quote from: elk on April 15, 2022, 10:41:12 AM
Thought the ref had a good game. Wasn't whistle happy and took no nonsense from the side line.
Are we supposed to know what game you're referring to?

Leftmidfield

At CPN v Rostrevor last night after a few verbals between both sets of 'management' the referee put EVERYONE INCLUDING SUBS outside the pitch fence apart from manager, their no 2 and physio of each team - a total of 6 allowed on sideline. Subs were standing with supporters 🤔 Is he allowed to do that ? I don't know but would be interested to hear opinion

wobbller

Quote from: Leftmidfield on April 15, 2022, 01:46:05 PM
At CPN v Rostrevor last night after a few verbals between both sets of 'management' the referee put EVERYONE INCLUDING SUBS outside the pitch fence apart from manager, their no 2 and physio of each team - a total of 6 allowed on sideline. Subs were standing with supporters 🤔 Is he allowed to do that ? I don't know but would be interested to hear opinion
Don't know if it's allowed or not but it would lessen the chances of rows.

marty34

Quote from: Leftmidfield on April 15, 2022, 01:46:05 PM

I think in Owenbeg, Corrigan and Newry etc. subs sit in the stands but that's club games at county grounds.

Probably easier managed with more 'security' and videoing about but definately tidies up the sideline a bit and cuts down on things kicking off.

Very hard to control at club matches though.