Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smurfy123

With all due respect to those lads bar Annett and McAleenan the rest are not up to it
When are we going to stop beating the Kilcoo drum
Those lads don't want to play
Will the new manager run trials??

SamFever

Quote from: Smurfy123 on October 26, 2021, 05:54:52 PM
With all due respect to those lads bar Annett and McAleenan the rest are not up to it
When are we going to stop beating the Kilcoo drum
Those lads don't want to play
Will the new manager run trials??
Good man Smurfy,put those East Down ones
in their box!

Smurfy123

Sorry young Murdock a great player also
No disrespect to the others but not at that level
I see All Ireland champions Tyrone back training.
We haven't even got a manager
This delay will have some affect on Downs year I have no doubt about that
I would be shocked if all intercounty teams are not doing something already
What way does that new cup competition work next year? The Taltiean cup?

Johnnysboys

Quote from: Truth hurts on October 26, 2021, 01:45:31 PM
I don't care who it is but they should be announced asap, there should be a core panel but I am sure there will be a few trials to see who are close enough. Who do you think will be making the step up who was not involved in Tallys squad.
Jerome, Ryan, Shealan Johnston, Micheal Rooney
Oran Murdock, Paddy McCarthy
Campbell from Ballyholand
Eamon Brown, Tom Brown, Jamie O'Hagan
Adam Lynch, Donach McAleenan
Shane Annett,  Smyth
Ronan Beatty
McKibben from the town
Rory Mason
Ruari O'Hare
Daniel Eastwood

Kilcoo  players - completely disagree
Burren players are both 18 years old.. they have another 2 years playing u20 before starting to think about seniors..
which Campbell - there are 3 of them!!!
Eamon Brown - no chance - very poor in last two games - stakes are higher he was nowhere to be seen - I take it u mean Tom Close - worth taking to try and develop over nxt few years - O'Hagan - surely u are taking the piss here?? At present we have Peter Fegan, Daniel Guinness, Darren O'Hagan, Gearard McGovern, Gerard Collins, Pearse Laverty, Cormac McCartan on the panel amongst others - Jamie may be a decent club player for the next ten years but he is no where near county standard.
Neither CpN player is county standard
Shane Annett yes - Smyth - no chance.
Beatty good player If he can stay fit
Mc Kibben - no chance
Mason - seriously you are having a laugh
O'Hare - good player
Eastwood???

From what I have seen of championship in last two seasons - U may have missed Stevie Fegan, Ross carr, murdock from Rostrevor, Conor Clarke, Ruairi McCormick, Connor Fitzpatrick (Bridge), Shea Byrne, Oisin mcConvey, Josh Connery, Seamus Loughran, Tiarnan Rushe, darragh Fegan, Jack McCartan, Brendan Gallen - probably missing a few here!!

Smurfy123

Johnysboy you are taking the piss

None of the below would even start for
Kilcoo
Burren
Clonduff
CPN
Mayobridge

Not 1 of them
Donnach is well fit for county football

None of the lads you mentioned are close to county standard

Johnnysboys

Quote from: Smurfy123 on October 26, 2021, 11:15:55 PM
Johnysboy you are taking the piss

None of the below would even start for
Kilcoo
Burren
Clonduff
CPN
Mayobridge

Not 1 of them
Donnach is well fit for county football

None of the lads you mentioned are close to county standard

You mean apart from the players that actually start EVERY game for the teams above???

It's like everything else - it's an opinion and based on what I have seen in the last two seasons - these lads are championship consistent for their clubs.

Donach is 24/25 now - if he was "well fit for county football" he would be there - simple.. just because someone is their clubs best player doesn't mean they can make that next step to county level. John Boyle - classic example.. brilliant for us for years but nowhere near it at county level.

Truth hurts

Jack McCartan has a bit of potential no doubt, is Rushe played a bit of football instead of running around thinking he is Hulk Hogan(a very poor Hulk Hogan I may add) then he could may a good player. has the referee been announced for the final yet? Probably only 2 or 3 people fit for it.

terrifictommy

I'd expect one of the inter-county refs to be appointed for this one Id say. Needs a good experienced campaigner,

Truth hurts

Fallon, Rice and Corrigan should be the officials on the day. Also, will need good strong umpires

Truth hurts

the intermediate final should be Brannigan, O'Hare and Barry

Junior  : Finnegan, Moore, burke

johnnycool

Hope Sean Rooney is on here as his job is done for him..

Truth hurts

Quote from: johnnycool on October 27, 2021, 03:07:05 PM
Hope Sean Rooney is on here as his job is done for him..

Do you disagree with them?

Nanderson

Quote from: Truth hurts on October 27, 2021, 02:15:41 PM
Fallon, Rice and Corrigan should be the officials on the day. Also, will need good strong umpires
Could probably throw brannigan into this as well

terrifictommy

There's merit to disagree with every one depending on what tint your glasses are. Remember there are also 4th officials which if done right can keep the sidelines marshalled and allow lineman to watch the pitch. But agree with the men for middle, either way about is right option.

PTC

Think Adrian Sharvin is a great ref although probably won't get the final after doing the semi