Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Truth hurts

Quote from: wobbller on January 11, 2022, 02:34:49 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on January 11, 2022, 01:59:03 PM
Quote from: wobbller on January 11, 2022, 01:47:56 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on January 11, 2022, 01:39:21 PM
Also James in giving plenty of lads chances and a good mix from throughout the county. Great to see Carryduff and Bredagh players representing the county. This can only benefit us going forward as East Down clubs were generally forgotten about for years.
And here WE go again ZZZZZZ!!!.Who exactly was forgotten about for years.Name three players to back up your thinking.

Danny Savage, Donal Kennedy and Donal Hughes, do you want me to continue
Ps. Please continue...

Liam Lennon, Mal Magee, Chris Brannigan, Peter Telford, Aidy Burns would have been on the county panel if they were from Burren back in the day.

thewobbler

In summary:

Take any above average club player over the past 2 decades, who didn't go to become a Down senior football regular.

If from South Down, proceed.

If from East Down, disregard interest levels, disregard passion for Down, disregard consistency, disregard any required physical attributes, disregard number of opportunities given vs number of opportunities taken, and most of all disregard competition for jerseys. Truth is you've been shat upon because of where you're from. You never stood a chance.

wobbller

Quote from: thewobbler on January 11, 2022, 03:08:05 PM
In summary:

Take any above average club player over the past 2 decades, who didn't go to become a Down senior football regular.

If from East Down, disregard interest levels, disregard passion for Down, disregard consistency, disregard any required physical attributes, disregard number of opportunities given vs number of opportunities taken, and most of all disregard competition for jerseys. Truth is you've been shat upon because of where you're from. You never stood a chance.
God bless the poor downtrodden castaways from that part of Down over years.Interestingly I see 9 players starting from that part of Down starting this evening.It'll have to be an historical Tribunal then.

Truth hurts

Quote from: thewobbler on January 11, 2022, 03:08:05 PM
In summary:

The wobbler : The south Down official spokesman has spoken.

Mourne Red

Quote from: Truth hurts on January 11, 2022, 03:00:48 PM
Also James in giving plenty of lads chances and a good mix from throughout the county. Great to see Carryduff and Bredagh players representing the county. This can only benefit us going forward as East Down clubs were generally forgotten about for years.
And here WE go again ZZZZZZ!!!.Who exactly was forgotten about for years.Name three players to back up your thinking.

Ps. Please continue...

Liam Lennon, Mal Magee, Chris Brannigan, Peter Telford, Aidy Burns would have been on the county panel if they were from Burren back in the day.

Some of the names mentioned wouldn't even be on the Burren panel if they were from Burren

SamFever

Truth hurts you seem aggrieved about players from east down not getting a fair chance.Is there anyone currently who you think should be given a chance but haven't?

thebar

Quote from: Truth hurts on January 11, 2022, 03:00:48 PM

Ps. Please continue...

You talk alot of sense at times bud but in this case no.

Mourne Red

Following the score on Twitter - time to go back to the young boys who played Donegal?

Anyone watching online/at the game? Can let us know how we are playing

Targetman

mourneman9194

I think it's important to not be reactionary to that result, however any loss to Antrim is very poor and I say that respectfully. Antrim full value for their win and looked more cohesive throughout, Down's late start to this season fully evident tonight. My main concern is that when I look at the names on that squad tonight, I highly doubt many of them would even start for the likes of Kilcoo and Burren. A lot of work to do.

snoopdog

Going to be very tough to stay in Div 2.

maldini

Down got their scores easier in the first half despite Antrim dominating the ball, but the better team on the night won. Should have been a more comfortable win for Antrim

What's the team for the league likely to look like?

mourneman9194

Wouldn't be too optimistic of retaining Division 2 status, will be a dog fight. My team for first league game providing everyone is fit and Kilcoo win Ulster as expected:

Burns

Fegan/McCartan
Murdock
Collins

DOH
McParland
Laverty

Doherty
Mooney

Guinness
Poland
Murdock

Quinn
Havern
BOH

McKernan will probably start but I think it's time to move on, he has been a great servant and theres nothing to say that he won't offer something off the bench. Some players that I've named will be very lucky to start mainly because I don't think the squad depth is there.

Smurfy123

McMahon

Murdock
McElroy
O Hagen

Poland
McParland
McCormack

Mooney
Doherty

Guiness
Murdock
Dornan

Quinn
O Hagan
Havern

Unpopular opinion and has been some servant for Down but Darren o has lost his explosive pace and players see to be getting by him a lot easier than years ago.
I'd worry about McP at 6 when the pitches dry up again his mobility is not where it was

Murdock has to start
Barry o H has been Downs best player in both matches
Quinn and Havern great options
Doherty had done ok to date deserves a go

urbangael

Have to agree with the DOH point. Great servant but best days long gone. Top forwards would have no issue with him marking them. Fill the team with pace and go for it would be the best thing James can do. We'll have no real impact in the championship and the home games will decide our future in Div 2 as I can't see us picking up much away from home.