Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mourne Red

Quote from: manwithnoplan on October 29, 2021, 05:28:30 PM
Quote from: Mourne Red on October 29, 2021, 01:51:54 PM
Dundrum v Finn, Saul V Drumgath, An Ríocht v St Johns.. Few underage games called off for fighting nothing happened suspension wise to any of the clubs.. I wouldn't be a fan of ballyholland but too say other teams in the county don't get off with stuff because they're lower down is just not true.

People just not at those games to give them the scrutiny they would get with an audience

Ah yes, that huge riot between Dundrum and the Finn  ;D

2017/2018 both benches emptied and fighting up corner opposite their Scoreboard side.

DuffGael

The senior hurling final should be worth watching this weekend.  2 good teams

Godsown

10.00 am and still no words of wisdom from the Point ! Ffs how much longer do we have to wait? Come on papa Smurf.

Hard2Listen2

Words maybe
Wisdom unlikely
🤡

Smurfy123

No I have run out of names to guess
At this stage I'm loosing all hope
Jimmy McGuiness latest but I would be very surprised
It has to be someone still involved with a club
Gilligan
Cassidy
Adams

Will th new man be introduced at half time on Sunday???

Lloyd p

Quote from: Smurfy123 on October 31, 2021, 06:22:03 AM
No I have run out of names to guess
At this stage I'm loosing all hope
Jimmy McGuiness latest but I would be very surprised
It has to be someone still involved with a club
Gilligan
Cassidy
Adams

Will th new man be introduced at half time on Sunday???

Yea they'll parade him round pairc esler no doubt  ::)

Malachy orourke another candidate still involved in club championship...

SHEEDY

Hurling final switched to Newry today due to waterlogged pitches in the ards
nil satis nisi optimum

johnnycool

Crans prevailed after extra time. Close game throughout although I did fancy the Crans who gained momentum as the championship got going and the pitches got softer. A direct brand of hurling which suits their personnel. Whether they'll be able to do anything with the winners of Dunloy/Slaughtneil in January is another story.

Ports thought they'd it in the bag after winning some early round games well but then struggled thereafter. Speedier of the two teams overall and they'll be licking their wounds after yesterday..

6th sam

Quote from: johnnycool on November 01, 2021, 08:14:14 AM
Crans prevailed after extra time. Close game throughout although I did fancy the Crans who gained momentum as the championship got going and the pitches got softer. A direct brand of hurling which suits their personnel. Whether they'll be able to do anything with the winners of Dunloy/Slaughtneil in January is another story.

Ports thought they'd it in the bag after winning some early round games well but then struggled thereafter. Speedier of the two teams overall and they'll be licking their wounds after yesterday..

How did Down teams do in Antrim league this year?

johnnycool

Quote from: 6th sam on November 01, 2021, 08:38:30 AM

Ports went well enough and were third, Crans midtable respectability and we were bottom of Div1.

Bredagh are midtable Div2B which you'd expect them to get out of as they're better than that although they do struggle to get their best 15 out and like ourselves there's maybe a lack of strength in depth to cover those losses.

6th sam

Quote from: johnnycool on November 01, 2021, 09:24:11 AM

Ports went well enough and were third, Crans midtable respectability and we were bottom of Div1.

Bredagh are midtable Div2B which you'd expect them to get out of as they're better than that although they do struggle to get their best 15 out and like ourselves there's maybe a lack of strength in depth to cover those losses.

No doubt youse will be back, but demographics are a challenge in the future for the GAA with smaller numbers in rural areas. I think the GAA moving to 13 a side overall would be a smart move , as rural clubs are going to be increasingly challenged in getting 15 players out in both codes

Truth hurts

Into another week, 9 weeks to the start of intercounty football and we still have no manager. I think the clubs need to start putting pressure on the board as it's a disgrace that no one has been announced. As a supporter, I am really worried.

Godsown

Quote from: 6th sam on November 01, 2021, 09:42:15 AM
Quote from: johnnycool on November 01, 2021, 09:24:11 AM

No doubt youse will be back, but demographics are a challenge in the future for the GAA with smaller numbers in rural areas. I think the GAA moving to 13 a side overall would be a smart move , as rural clubs are going to be increasingly challenged in getting 15 players out in both codes

You will be challenging yourselves in a few years I believe Sam . From small acorns and all that . Trying to keep your coastal neighbours on their toes !!

Hard2Listen2

Any new appointments on the management merry go round yet?
Few teams & managers have parted company.

Square Ball

Quote from: Hard2Listen2 on November 01, 2021, 01:36:01 PM
Any new appointments on the management merry go round yet?
Few teams & managers have parted company.

smurfy is the man for that
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid