Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stiffler

A draw probably fair result, Utd were never comfortable even after gifted 2 goals.

Bruno scored 2 but showed his petulance throughout. There's a real lack of leadership in this team.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Cunny Funt

13 minutes to play 2-0 ahead and should be closing the game out but no not with this group of United players.

Don't win anything with kids said Hanson in 1995 and he was a mile off. If he was a pundit today he would probably say you'll win nothing with such a flaky team and would be spot on.

lurganblue

I thought utd were quite poor again. Truth is that they were gifted 2 goals. Mostly they sat in and tried to keep a shape. Elanga looked good again.

quit yo jibbajabba

Where does elanga play. And who was the guy signed from italy (udinese?)  for 19mil who was gona be great. He was young from memory so is he in youth teams?

Big martial requested to not be in the squad today. Lookin away obvs but be a bit awkward if hes still there come feb

michaelg

Quote from: stiffler on January 15, 2022, 07:31:06 PM
A draw probably fair result, Utd were never comfortable even after gifted 2 goals.

Bruno scored 2 but showed his petulance throughout. There's a real lack of leadership in this team.
He is hard to like.

gawa316

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on January 16, 2022, 12:44:05 AM
Where does elanga play. And who was the guy signed from italy (udinese?)  for 19mil who was gona be great. He was young from memory so is he in youth teams?

Big martial requested to not be in the squad today. Lookin away obvs but be a bit awkward if hes still there come feb

Could be hard to shift a second hand mondeo in the current economic climate!

Armagh18

[/b]needs wages docked for that.

NAG1

Decent first half even if they rode their luck at times.

Think it perfectly summed up where they are at the moment, decent going forward when they got on the ball and played a bit but shocking in midfield and too many individual errors at the back.

I know the options are limited for the CDM position but watching Matic in there beside Fred would put years on you. How many times in a game does Matic trap the ball only for an opposition player to nick it in his own half.

Dont get the system either, Fred is leading the press in the centre forward position? Surely that is leaving an already slow MF exposed further. Lindelof steps out of the line to try and win a ball he was never winning and its game gone, ridiculous decision from an International centre half.

General lack of confidence about the squad currently.

gawa316

Quote from: Armagh18 on January 16, 2022, 10:12:29 AM

[/b]needs wages docked for that.

Martial saying he didn't refuse

Captain Scarlet

I grew up a United fan and would say I am still, although now I am more pushed on following Irish players...but I have to say there are so many dickheads playing for the club now.
Look at the Liverpool who seem to have more grown-up men and loads of likeable lads. United have loads of lads who everyone is sitting around waiting to come good and then it's another Lingard who is heading for 30 and fluting about.

They are not good players if they can't string three good games together.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on January 17, 2022, 06:25:33 PM
I grew up a United fan and would say I am still, although now I am more pushed on following Irish players...but I have to say there are so many dickheads playing for the club now.
Look at the Liverpool who seem to have more grown-up men and loads of likeable lads. United have loads of lads who everyone is sitting around waiting to come good and then it's another Lingard who is heading for 30 and fluting about.

They are not good players if they can't string three good games together.

Exacrly got tired of hearing about lingard the up and coming player. This was qhen he was in his mid twenties ffs. Norman whitesides career was over at that age

NAG1

Any idea what United are going to turn up tonight?  ;D

Hopefully get a 90mins more like the first half last time out but who really knows at the moment.

I see Ralph seems to have the knife out for Shaw, AWB & Maguire.

Armagh18

Quote from: NAG1 on January 19, 2022, 02:19:17 PM
Any idea what United are going to turn up tonight?  ;D

Hopefully get a 90mins more like the first half last time out but who really knows at the moment.

Well deserved too. AWB is (on form) a great tackler and can keep any winger quiet but you'd swear he had been just pulled in off the street to play when ball is at his feet. Shaw- world class last season and at the Euros but definitely lacking something because he cant stay consistentl, starting to think Jose was right.

Slab was good last year but the price we paid was nuts and he's too error prone.

gawa316

Quote from: NAG1 on January 19, 2022, 02:19:17 PM

Strange comments on pogba as well