sid waddell

Quote from: BennyCake on October 27, 2021, 04:33:07 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on October 27, 2021, 04:18:34 PM
Quote from: Rudi on October 27, 2021, 03:44:20 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on October 27, 2021, 03:25:20 PM
Quote from: Rudi on October 27, 2021, 03:08:20 PM
Quote from: seafoid on October 27, 2021, 01:48:09 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on October 26, 2021, 10:43:11 PM
The true face of the extreme right wing "anti-lockdown", anti-vaccine "movement", even though it refuses to show its face.

https://twitter.com/culladgh/status/1450103964876353538
Manipulated gobshites

In fairness they are gobshites. Don't like that culture of harassment & videoing. They remind me of Antifa Bellends.  How are they manipulated though? One could argue that the ones been manipulated, are the healthy under 50's  who will go on to take multiple Covid booster jabs. I said it before the efficacy of these vaccines is poor, science must to better.

I'll be honest - there's a few people I know of and I know they have issues with their mental health and they are starting to buy into a lot of the anti vax nonsense. Now some people may have genuine concerns on the vaccine and that is fine but it is the batshit crazy they are out to control you and to get you and this has been the plan all along. I'll tell you what - based on some stuff I hear sometimes I wish my company could get the project manager who conspired to manage the whole pandemic.

* Just to be clear the pandemic has been a big struggle for lots of people but for me there are some people who have really struggled on a mental health level and are completely scundered with it. I believe there are "anti vax propagandists" who are trying to tap into this. That really concerns me. The people who are doing the harassing here will mainly be people who have been sucked into it not the people who are "driving" it.

I empathise with people who are struggling and who don't buy into the vaccine etc I genuinely do. I don't empathise with the batshit crazy conspiracy theorists.

I agree with most of what you said above & they are people (very well educated (whose opinions deserve respect) who have genuine concerns over a new vaccine) however one could argue its a conspiracy theory to suggest anti vax people are targeting vulnerable people to ascend their agenda.
You should have no issues with people who have reasoned medical concerns about taking the vaccine. Gob da's who lifted a dying man (who could have been saved)  out of a hospital in LUH on the other hand need a hammering. The no vaccine no job agenda are another shower of dangerous yokes.

I don't have any issue with people with genuine medical concerns about it. It's the batshit crazy control ones so tbh I agree with you mostly .

The people that are buying into the batshit crazy stuff concerns me and whether or not there are people targeting vulnerable.

When you start reading about  poor guy who's wife died not being emotional enough when interviewed and how the truth was going to come out that week about how she died (this was the woman in Derry who died after having a child) you do start to wonder what the hell is going on. (incidentally no "truth" has come out)

I'm interested to know an example  where someone might have genuine medical concerns about it, and  an example of what these so-called batshit crazy stuff might be?
People do have genuine medical concerns about the vaccine. The vast majority of people who have genuine medical concerns do so because they choose to believe bullshit.

It doesn't mean their concerns for their health over getting vaccinated aren't genuine, just that they're based on bullshit.

I mean a huge percentage of Trump voters believe Biden is a communist. Their beliefs are genuine, but founded on utter bullshit.

No difference with those who refuse to get the vaccine.

BennyCake

Quote from: sid waddell on October 27, 2021, 08:50:36 PM
The true face of the extreme right wing "anti-lockdown", anti-vaccine "movement", even though it refuses to show its face.

Manipulated gobshites

In fairness they are gobshites. Don't like that culture of harassment & videoing. They remind me of Antifa Bellends.  How are they manipulated though? One could argue that the ones been manipulated, are the healthy under 50's  who will go on to take multiple Covid booster jabs. I said it before the efficacy of these vaccines is poor, science must to better.

I'll be honest - there's a few people I know of and I know they have issues with their mental health and they are starting to buy into a lot of the anti vax nonsense. Now some people may have genuine concerns on the vaccine and that is fine but it is the batshit crazy they are out to control you and to get you and this has been the plan all along. I'll tell you what - based on some stuff I hear sometimes I wish my company could get the project manager who conspired to manage the whole pandemic.

* Just to be clear the pandemic has been a big struggle for lots of people but for me there are some people who have really struggled on a mental health level and are completely scundered with it. I believe there are "anti vax propagandists" who are trying to tap into this. That really concerns me. The people who are doing the harassing here will mainly be people who have been sucked into it not the people who are "driving" it.

I empathise with people who are struggling and who don't buy into the vaccine etc I genuinely do. I don't empathise with the batshit crazy conspiracy theorists.

I agree with most of what you said above & they are people (very well educated (whose opinions deserve respect) who have genuine concerns over a new vaccine) however one could argue its a conspiracy theory to suggest anti vax people are targeting vulnerable people to ascend their agenda.
You should have no issues with people who have reasoned medical concerns about taking the vaccine. Gob da's who lifted a dying man (who could have been saved)  out of a hospital in LUH on the other hand need a hammering. The no vaccine no job agenda are another shower of dangerous yokes.

I don't have any issue with people with genuine medical concerns about it. It's the batshit crazy control ones so tbh I agree with you mostly .

The people that are buying into the batshit crazy stuff concerns me and whether or not there are people targeting vulnerable.

When you start reading about  poor guy who's wife died not being emotional enough when interviewed and how the truth was going to come out that week about how she died (this was the woman in Derry who died after having a child) you do start to wonder what the hell is going on. (incidentally no "truth" has come out)

I'm interested to know an example  where someone might have genuine medical concerns about it, and  an example of what these so-called batshit crazy stuff might be?
People do have genuine medical concerns about the vaccine. The vast majority of people who have genuine medical concerns do so because they choose to believe bullshit.

It doesn't mean their concerns for their health over getting vaccinated aren't genuine, just that they're based on bullshit.

I mean a huge percentage of Trump voters believe Biden is a communist. Their beliefs are genuine, but founded on utter bullshit.

Really? Tell that to the family of the BBC presenter who died from the vaccine

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2021/aug/26/bbc-presenter-lisa-shaw-died-of-astrazeneca-covid-vaccine-complications-coroner-finds

BennyCake

Quote from: sid waddell on October 27, 2021, 08:41:29 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on October 27, 2021, 02:16:02 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on October 27, 2021, 01:51:12 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on October 27, 2021, 01:33:21 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on October 27, 2021, 01:00:01 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on October 27, 2021, 12:27:59 PM
Get a grip. If that was people confronting a politician for attending the NI centenary service,  collusion, women's rights etc, you'd be applauding them for confronting them head on. It's because it doesn't fit with your agenda, that you're calling for them to be arrested.

Get a grip? This is acceptable in your world Benny? This type of behaviour is disgusting and will escalate unless dealt with.

Yes it probably will escalate. And it's not difficult to know why. People have had enough, enough of  being lied to, draconian measures that make absolutely no sense, the population screwed over, economy and livelihoods deliberately ruined by inept, spineless politicians.
Have you got anything except dumb slogans?

Well, tell me, which part of the above  post is false?
Truth and falsity doesn't even come into it.

Because what you have done is just shout a load of utterly meaningless slogans and buzzwords.

There are no points or debate at all attached to these slogans and buzzwords.

The post is entirely empty of sense or meaning.

If you say so. You keep that head of yours buried in the sand.

sid waddell

Quote from: BennyCake on October 27, 2021, 09:13:17 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on October 27, 2021, 08:41:29 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on October 27, 2021, 02:16:02 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on October 27, 2021, 01:51:12 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on October 27, 2021, 01:00:01 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on October 27, 2021, 12:27:59 PM
Get a grip. If that was people confronting a politician for attending the NI centenary service,  collusion, women's rights etc, you'd be applauding them for confronting them head on. It's because it doesn't fit with your agenda, that you're calling for them to be arrested.

Get a grip? This is acceptable in your world Benny? This type of behaviour is disgusting and will escalate unless dealt with.

Yes it probably will escalate. And it's not difficult to know why. People have had enough, enough of  being lied to, draconian measures that make absolutely no sense, the population screwed over, economy and livelihoods deliberately ruined by inept, spineless politicians.
Have you got anything except dumb slogans?

Well, tell me, which part of the above  post is false?
Truth and falsity doesn't even come into it.

Because what you have done is just shout a load of utterly meaningless slogans and buzzwords.

There are no points or debate at all attached to these slogans and buzzwords.

The post is entirely empty of sense or meaning.

If you say so. You keep that head of yours buried in the sand.
I have not buried anything in this pandemic, except my father.

You recited a bunch of empty slogans.

Empty slogans don't cut it. They're meaningless. They refuse to acknowledge any of the complexity, nuance, uncertainty and precarity of our current situation in favour of faux emotive, empty bluster.

sid waddell

Quote from: BennyCake on October 27, 2021, 09:10:41 PM

Manipulated gobshites

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2021/aug/26/bbc-presenter-lisa-shaw-died-of-astrazeneca-covid-vaccine-complications-coroner-finds

Yes, people have died from the vaccine, extremely few people, a squillionth of the amount that have died from Covid.

The risk/benefit analysis is clear for all ages. It categorically favours getting the vaccine. The risk of death and serious illness from getting Covid is far, far higher than it is from getting vaccinated.

And every person who refuses to get vaccinated is helping to keep society trapped in this nightmare.

Whereas every person who gets vaccinated is doing something to get us out of it.

I was delighted to get jabbed again on Saturday for the flu. The side effect from that vaccine lasted longer than for the Covid ones, but again, it wasn't much. A very small price to pay for extra protection for myself, loved ones and others.

Eire90

so holohan now saying vaccines not working as good as they hoped  id also say its not far fetched to think big pharma could have lied just to make a quick buck

Eire90

Quote from: sid waddell on October 27, 2021, 09:39:09 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on October 27, 2021, 09:10:41 PM

Manipulated gobshites

Yes, people have died from the vaccine, extremely few people, a squillionth of the amount that have died from Covid.

The risk/benefit analysis is clear for all ages. It categorically favours getting the vaccine. The risk of death and serious illness from getting Covid is far, far higher than it is from getting vaccinated.

And every person who refuses to get vaccinated is helping to keep society trapped in this nightmare.

Whereas every person who gets vaccinated is doing something to get us out of it.

I was delighted to get jabbed again on Saturday for the flu. The side effect from that vaccine lasted longer than for the Covid ones, but again, it wasn't much. A very small price to pay for extra protection for myself, loved ones and others.

and what about the vaccinated gallivanters who are gallivanting all over the country are they now free of all guilt and sin just because they took the new blood of christ  a unvaccinated  hermit is less transmissible than a vaccinated galivanater

sid waddell

Quote from: Eire90 on October 27, 2021, 10:08:14 PM
so holohan now saying vaccines not working as good as they hoped  id also say its not far fetched to think big pharma could have lied just to make a quick buck
Yes it is, and it's also demonstrably completely untrue, given the overwhelming evidence the vaccines work. They are saving millions of lives.

Eire90

Quote from: sid waddell on October 27, 2021, 10:15:48 PM
Yes it is, and it's also demonstrably completely untrue, given the overwhelming evidence the vaccines work. They are saving millions of lives.

i never said it did not work holohan said they not working as good as expected holohans words not mine

PadraicHenryPearse

that's not what he said... read what he said again.

dublin7

Quote from: Eire90 on October 27, 2021, 10:18:19 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on October 27, 2021, 10:15:48 PM

i never said it did not work holohan said they not working as good as expected holohans words not mine

Go then I'll bite. Why do you think big pharma lied to everyone about their vaccines not working just to make a quick buck?

Ed Ricketts

The state of this.

Machiavellian super villains and bumbling goons. All at the same time.

This the distilled essence of why you are a gobshite. You still haven't figured out what you're angry about. You're just angry.

It's pathetic. And hilarious. And scary, because there's loads of other stupid angry gobshites just like you out there.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

BennyCake

Quote from: Ed Ricketts on October 28, 2021, 12:58:12 AM

The state of this.

This the distilled essence of why you are a gobshite. You still haven't figured out what you're angry about. You're just angry.

It's pathetic. And hilarious. And scary, because there's loads of other stupid angry gobshites just like you out there.

No no, you're right. Politicians did/are doing a great job. Their rules make/made perfect sense. Nothing to see here.

sid waddell

Quote from: BennyCake on October 28, 2021, 09:23:17 AM
Quote from: Ed Ricketts on October 28, 2021, 12:58:12 AM

The state of this.

No no, you're right. Politicians did/are doing a great job. Their rules make/made perfect sense. Nothing to see here.
More shouting.

Given you've been consistently pro-let it rip I presume you think Donald Trump, Ron De Santis, Boris Johnson, Jair Bolsonaro, Viktor Orban and Narendra Modi have all done great jobs?